Why no Frontierland at Hong Kong Disneyland?

Dukeis#1

Original Poster
Just wondering, why was Frontierland not included in to HKDL? I've always considered it a major part of the Disneyland experience, so I was quite disappointed that it was not in the final design.

Any explanations?

jrriddle

I don't think that they have ever expalined that one. If I were to guess I would think it was due to budget. The rides in Frontierland are pretty thin (BTMR and in DLP Phantom Manor). But it does require alot of themeing. So to save I guess they just expanded Adventureland. Besides if you are to believe Disney's official marketing the good people of Hong Kong are more interested in gardens and vegitation :rolleyes: which of course Adventureland has alot of.

Mickeyrulz

I'm personally a little disappointed with this park's plans so far. I mean why would we just clone the Magic Kingdom for no reason? Put in some original rides. There's a such thing as making new rides instead of just putting dated classics in each park.

Take Space Mountain, for instance. It's a Disney staple, but it's already in each of the Magic Kingdom based parks. How bout some variety?

Anyway on this topic, Frontierland is pretty much my least fave area in the parks, so I'm glad. Maybe we'll see a cool Adventureland E-Ticket with nice 2005 Technology put to work!

imagineer boy

Mickeyrulz said:
I'm personally a little disappointed with this park's plans so far. I mean why would we just clone the Magic Kingdom for no reason? Put in some original rides. There's a such thing as making new rides instead of just putting dated classics in each park.

Take Space Mountain, for instance. It's a Disney staple, but it's already in each of the Magic Kingdom based parks. How bout some variety?

Anyway on this topic, Frontierland is pretty much my least fave area in the parks, so I'm glad. Maybe we'll see a cool Adventureland E-Ticket with nice 2005 Technology put to work!

Well they do have something "original". Fantsey Gardens with flowers and Gazeboes where you can meet your favourite Disney characters. Wow. How original. :rolleyes:

DarkMeasures

Testtrack321 said:
Well, they are a communist country, so a land based on the rebellious spirit of America's west seems like a bad idea.

That was what I was going to say.

I am sure though that the Chinese Government will allow Frontierland in a future expansion though.

Figment1986

Look... The park is full of clones.. look at TL... Buzz lightyear and SM... (whihc is the same form DL) Their Castle is an Upgraded Disney Land one... looks the same...

Not alot of uniqueness at this park... Probably do good enough to expand if enough of the Hong Kong people go to it... (and enjoy a half day of shows, rides and a half day enjoying the greenary... :lookaroun oh and dont forget DL's old parade...

CaptainMichael

So basically, Space Mountain is the only mountain at Hongkong Disneyland. They really should have come up with something new for the park. Does anyone have a list of the attractions that will be there?

JoeyJoe

Figment1986 said:
Look... The park is full of clones.. look at TL... Buzz lightyear and SM... (whihc is the same form DL) Their Castle is an Upgraded Disney Land one... looks the same...

Not alot of uniqueness at this park... Probably do good enough to expand if enough of the Hong Kong people go to it... (and enjoy a half day of shows, rides and a half day enjoying the greenary... :lookaroun oh and dont forget DL's old parade...

I can't believe that they are bringin in that terrible parade!!!! I have seen disney parades at DL and DW for the last 20 years, and that has to be the most horrible parade I ever saw. Looks cheap and the themeing is poor. Belle is riding on a carrage of butterflies????

Maybe budgetting is different for parades at the parks, but Parade of Stars was an extreme disappointment!!!

KevinDisneyFan1

Somehow Hong Kong DL seems pointless. Why just slap clones in the park?

Frontierland is completely my least favorite area to exist in a Disney park. It's so..dull...they have a flume, mine coaster (very tame), and boat rides. Not going against Frontierland fans tho :)

jrriddle

KevinDisneyFan1 said:
Somehow Hong Kong DL seems pointless. Why just slap clones in the park?

Frontierland is completely my least favorite area to exist in a Disney park. It's so..dull...they have a flume, mine coaster (very tame), and boat rides. Not going against Frontierland fans tho :)

At one time I would agree with you.
Then I went to Paris.
The Frontierland at DLP is amazing! (who am I kidding the whole park was incredible, I'm not sure what sort of state it's in now but 12 years ago? Wow!)

WDWGarden

JoeyJoe said:
I can't believe that they are bringin in that terrible parade!!!! I have seen disney parades at DL and DW for the last 20 years, and that has to be the most horrible parade I ever saw. Looks cheap and the themeing is poor. Belle is riding on a carrage of butterflies????

Maybe budgetting is different for parades at the parks, but Parade of Stars was an extreme disappointment!!!

I've heard HK is getting the parade from Tokyo...with some changes...

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
If you look at the aerial photo's of the construction zone, it looks as though there is room to expand HK's Magic Kingdom beyond Adventureland (past the train tracks) Maybe there will be a Frontierland expansion in that area. There seems to be a bit of room between the tracks and the larger berm surrounding the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom