Why is there no availibility @ DVC Resorts?

lorinmike2728

Original Poster
I am a DVC member that is travelling to WDW @ the end of this week. I had to book at Saratoga Springs because there is no availabilty at any other DVC Resort for a two bedroom villa.

If there is little activity in the parks as is being reported than why can't I get in anywhere else? I would love to stay @ Animal Kingdom Resort or Wilderness Lodge, but had no luck on the wait list for 2 months or calling in daily since Saturday.

Any ideas????:shrug:

epcotWSC

Well you should be booking far in advance. 7 months in non-home resort and 11 months in home resort. So unless you're booking last minute, you shouldn't have an issue. Plus DVC people are going regardless of economy and all that stuff. They have to pay yearly dues regardless, so they pay for their vacation no matter what.

Luige11

When i went to disney last summer and i came home i book my res for this coming june i called to see if a friend of mine can come and get a room but its book solid

Rhuarac

I ran into the same thing for the last weekend in Jan, but found something @ Saratoga. Then I realized that it was Superbowl Weekend, and the Superbowl is in Tampa. So I rebooked for late Feb.

BuddhasHomeGirl

You all need to have a big DVC meeting with higher ups then because for the second year in a row I called up and rented a DVC Villa(1 bedroom) ...I AM NOT a DVC member and I am ALWAYS renting the DVC villas.

GothMickey

You all need to have a big DVC meeting with higher ups then because for the second year in a row I called up and rented a DVC Villa(1 bedroom) ...I AM NOT a DVC member and I am ALWAYS renting the DVC villas.

This is an issue I know a lot of DVC members have: non-members getting the DVC rooms when DVC members can't.

BuddhasHomeGirl

This is an issue I know a lot of DVC members have: non-members getting the DVC rooms when DVC members can't.

Yup, I couldn't agree with you more, if I was a DVC member I would be mad too. This is one of the reasons WHY I will not pay into the DVC.
why would I? I can get in whenever I call and ask and I don't pay the dues. When I figured it out, its way waaaay cheaper for me not become a member because I only go to Disney once a year. The dues I would have been paying yearly could go twords another trip, the price I paid to stay in the AKL 1 Bedroom Villa was cheaper than if I was a DVC member paying dues.

bgraham34

But being in the DVC its more designed for people who want to plan their vacations ahead of time. I never make spur of the moment trips so DVC works out for me. I really plan more in the 4-6 month range.

My sister gave me her extra DVC points that she had for my upcoming trip (Jan 22nd - Jan 25th)...I just need a studio and Saratoga was the only thing available for us too.

It's a pretty hotel, but there is SO much walking if you don't get lucky with a room near the lobby.

BuddhasHomeGirl

But being in the DVC its more designed for people who want to plan their vacations ahead of time. I never make spur of the moment trips so DVC works out for me. I really plan more in the 4-6 month range.

I just got back the 26th of December and I am already booked for this November 29th :shrug:

wild01ride

Yeah, I personally think it's a pretty sick policy on the way they block rooms. For starters, you can book a DVC room, what, at least 12 months out when you're paying cash. DVC members can only book , as previously mentioned, 11 months out for home resorts, 7 for non-home resorts.

I've previously tried to get a room at the 7 month mark (to the day) and have been told that there are no rooms available...HOWEVER, they offered that if I pay cash they can get me the room that I want. That's just WRONG!
I think they screw the DVC members like this because they've already got their money, then they sell the rooms to people paying cash and shove the DVC members with whatever's left over.

It's a total misrepresentation when the planning videos talk about DVC resorts and say "other guests can reserve a DVC room when they are not being used by DVC guests..."
Ha - they'll even pre-reserve the room for the non-DVC guests!

:fork:

[/END OF RANT, KIND OF]

fosse76

Yeah, I personally think it's a pretty sick policy on the way they block rooms. For starters, you can book a DVC room, what, at least 12 months out when you're paying cash. DVC members can only book , as previously mentioned, 11 months out for home resorts, 7 for non-home resorts.

I've previously tried to get a room at the 7 month mark (to the day) and have been told that there are no rooms available...HOWEVER, they offered that if I pay cash they can get me the room that I want. That's just WRONG!
I think they screw the DVC members like this because they've already got their money, then they sell the rooms to people paying cash and shove the DVC members with whatever's left over.

It's a total misrepresentation when the planning videos talk about DVC resorts and say "other guests can reserve a DVC room when they are not being used by DVC guests..."
Ha - they'll even pre-reserve the room for the non-DVC guests!

:fork:

[/END OF RANT, KIND OF]

I smell class-action suit. Seriously...if they completely misrepresent what your benefits of purchase are you have an actionable claim. However, not being a member of DVC I have not read any of the fine print, and what they advertise when they are selling and what is actually in the printed "deed" are two very different things. I would read the fine print and then call and complain to someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom