Why is MK open so late this weekend?

openendedsky

In Illinois we get Presidents' Day and Linclon's birthday off. I thought about going to the world this week and only using two vaca days but the bank account said no.
Most government jobs here get today off and I do believe public schools are out, but I work at a university and for some ungodly reason we're open.

hiptwinmama

Presidents day weekend is usually a busy weekend... they often extend the hours when the parks are that busy.
It has more to do with if the kids are out of school, than if govt offices are closed. The rule of thumb is if schools are out, they are busy. My kids are out Friday and Monday.

The late nights aren't anything new, when I was a kid (80's) MK was often open till midnight in the summer because of the crowds.

openendedsky

Presidents day weekend is usually a busy weekend... they often extend the hours when the parks are that busy.
It has more to do with if the kids are out of school, than if govt offices are closed. The rule of thumb is if schools are out, they are busy. My kids are out Friday and Monday.

The late nights aren't anything new, when I was a kid (80's) MK was often open till midnight in the summer because of the crowds.
Well, yeah. Additionally, teachers who have families will go and take their kids. They're all technically government jobs anyways. Regardless, I'm bummed out that I have to work this Monday because I'd probably go.

Edit: At least, in Florida, teachers are all state employees.

awesomeinabox

Most government jobs here get today off and I do believe public schools are out, but I work at a university and for some ungodly reason we're open.
The college I work at was closed for once. I seriously thought about hopping on a standby today when I walked outside and there was still snow on the ground.

Is jersey week still happening this year or was that cancelled?

openendedsky

The college I work at was closed for once. I seriously thought about hopping on a standby today when I walked outside and there was still snow on the ground.

Is jersey week still happening this year or was that cancelled?
I have no idea, I'm in Florida. But yeah, since I work on Saturdays and I'm not allowed to get overtime where I work, I usually take Fridays off. Sometimes it's a different day of the week. But it's nice because things are slow here and my coworkers don't care either way so it's nice to just go over for a few hours when I have the free time.

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Oh I know late nights aren't new, I've been at MK into the wee hours of the night (morning technically) countless times, I just thought it was odd that they were open late in the middle of Feb. I didn't realize kids were out of school.

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Ok, so just got back from a weekend at WDW and holy !@#$ was it busy! Like spring break busy! DHS was the worst, 100+ minute waits for the main rides, DHS this weekend might have been the busiest I've ever seen it. I saw several groups of cheer/dance girls at DHS that I didn't really see at the other parks. The other 3 parks weren't as bad but sill busier than I imagined. Yesterday morning we had to wait around 30 minutes to take the monorail from TTC to MK. Luckily MK was open late all weekend and after about 10pm it cleared out nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom