Why is Mermaid so bad? Found this beauty.

UNCgolf

One of my bigger issues with Mermaid is that you go around every scene and never through any which only strengthens the feeling of it being a passive book report ride that we are just watching unfold but not experiencing.

You should watch the concept video someone posted earlier -- that's one of the main reasons it looked like a much better ride. You went through most of the scenes (and they were larger/more elaborate) rather than simply passing by them.

mickEblu

You should watch the concept video someone posted earlier -- that's one of the main reasons it looked like a much better ride. You went through most of the scenes (and they were larger/more elaborate) rather than simply passing by them.

If it’s the Baxter one I’ve seen it and yes it looks a million times better.

PiratesMansion

I have had a disturbing number of people (and not children, grown adults) tell me that Mermaid is their favorite Disney attraction.

And I really have nothing polite to say to that, and can only conclude that these people don't have an eye for (or don't care about) nuanced themed design. Trouble is, their numbers seem to be growing...

mickEblu

I don’t understand how the author of the article thinks that eliminating the Kiss the Girl and cardboard Ursula room would make enough room for an epic climax while still keeping the big boring Happy Ending room intact.

Dragonrider1227

It's hardly my favorite but I like the ride. My only real complaints is that I think the show lights could've been hidden better in the "Under the sea" section and that the ending feels rushed. That first Ariel animatronic looks sleepy too :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom