Why is it still called the Enchanted Tiki Room?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I like 'em both as well. I think, actually, that in another couple years, Disney should swap them, sending New Management to Disneyland, and returning the original to WDW.

I have similar thoughts about periodically swapping between the original Country Bear Jamboree and the Vacation Hoedown version.

Brian_WDW74

I like 'em both as well. I think, actually, that in another couple years, Disney should swap them, sending New Management to Disneyland, and returning the original to WDW.

I have similar thoughts about periodically swapping between the original Country Bear Jamboree and the Vacation Hoedown version.

This would be kind of difficult, since there no longer is a Country Bear attraction at Disneyland. :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
This would be kind of difficult, since there no longer is a Country Bear attraction at Disneyland. :)

Bad composition in that message. Swapping tbetween he two shows every couple years at WDW is what I meant to convey. In any event, it's probably a pipe dream, since the next change they'll probably make to the Bears is to remove them.

hauntdmansion79

(I mean, who REALLY stands in line for an hour for the Jungle Cruise?)
If I have to.
I love Jungle Cruise - it's classic Disney to me!

I would absolutely wait 1 hour for Jungle Cruise. It is a Disney Classic and one of my must sees. Plus, it was my Grandpa's favorite, and one of Walt's too.

As for the Tiki Birds...my Mom was crushed and saddened when she first saw the new Tiki Birds show. She missed all the old songs she used to sing along to. For me and my brother, we appreciated the fact that they didn't tear it down, liked the new impressive animatronics on Iago and the Tiki God, liked how the old birds and Tiki statues still sang along, but we didn't like how modern it got, it lost it's Polonisian charm and feel to it. I am such a purist, that I start to like Disneyland's traditionalism more and more. At least the original Tiki Birds are at DL.

DisneyNut2007

...but we didn't like how modern it got, it lost it's Polonisian charm and feel to it. I am such a purist, that I start to like Disneyland's traditionalism more and more. At least the original Tiki Birds are at DL.

Statements like that are, to quote the great Enderikari, "Familiarity without comprehension".

Laura

Premium Member
I thought the original was boring. I really like the "Under New Management" version. It's one of my favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom and I make sure to see it 1-2 times each trip.

CThaddeus

Shhh. Don't say awful things like that. Disneyland should never, EVER put in Under New Management. To be honest, if I had to choose between UNM or having the place bulldozed, I'll go with the bulldozer. There is nothing "enchanting" about the MK version. It is, as others have pointed out, too loud, too shrill, and too lacking in Polynesian music.
I usually like Gilbert Godfried, but this is one instance where he just doesn't fit and is incredibly annoying. The new AAs are impressive, but the show stinks so bad the technology is completely wasted. Even the preshow is painful...possibly even more than the show itself. Listening to Phil Hartman and Don Rickles have five-year old level arguments like, "Do not!" "Do too!" for five minutes is really grating, and I long for Pele, Rongo, and the gang. I know the MK never had the tiki god preshow, but it looks like Shakespeare compared to the squabbling birds.
My best suggestion: either restore the original and classy show, or just gut the place. I hate to say that, but it's such an awful update...right up there with the Journey Into Your Imagination debacles. If all it is for some people is a place to sit down and get some air-conditioning, it's time for it to go. I've never felt that way about the original, but the mess at the MK just isn't worth it for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom