Why is Hollywood Studios Closing So Early in October?

disneyfan295

Original Poster
I will be going to Disney in late October of this year and I wanted to know why the park is closing so early this year(7pm)? I remember I went a couple of years ago and I think it was open until about 9. Does anyone know the reason for the early closings?

Sweet Melissa

Honestly, if it takes more than a couple hours to do everything there is left it would be surprising , the park is almost less than a half day, which is disgusting considering the one day admission price, they ought to get to work on the park like yesterday
Agreed. It's been years since we've spent more than two to three hours there, and that's only with a meal at Brown Derby.

Chef Mickey

While I think DHS needs work, I think it's unfair to call it less than a half day park or only good enough to have dinner.

It still has Tower of Terror which is incredibly well done and by any reasonable measure, a true E-Ticket. It's a top 5 attraction ever at Disney and possibly anywhere. It represents what I wish Disney still aspired to be.

RNR is one of the smoothest, most fun roller coasters I've experienced. It's well themed and a good mix of thrill and fun.

Great Movie Ride is classic Disney, admittedly in need of refurbishment, but not missable.

Fantasmic is a must see show, despite its age.

Toy Story is good old fun and can't be missed.

Mix in some food, Star Tours, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast stage show, and I think you've got a reasonable amount to do. I do acknowledge The Backlot Tour was a travesty and Lights Motors Action is old and tired. Refreshing it would be refreshing.

Anyone can argue Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid are old and tired, but they are classic and how many attractions across WDW can you say are in need of attention? That's the bigger problem for me. I could say EPCOT is a half day park too if I really want to get picky....everything there is old.

And I know you can do what I listed at DHS in a half day if you hustle, but I'd argue that you aren't a Disney fan if you can either miss things I mentioned or rush through the park that quickly. I've done all of MK, literally every attraction and show in less than 1 day. Does that mean even MK is a one day park? It depends on crowd level, your level of interest, and how long you spend enjoying the details of Disney.

I think DHS needs more to do and serious updating, but I can make that argument for AK and especially EPCOT. However, calling it a half day park just means you're skipping things that don't interest you anymore (maybe for good reason) but that argument can be made for any park.

Last edited:

Sweet Melissa

To be fair, I can spend just as much time simply strolling and soaking in the atmosphere on Sunset Boulevard as I do having that meal in Brown Derby, but yeah, I can definitely miss some of the attractions you listed.

DisneyDaver

Honestly, if it takes more than a couple hours to do everything there is left it would be surprising , the park is almost less than a half day, which is disgusting considering the one day admission price, they ought to get to work on the park like yesterday

Last time I was in WDW, I spent all of 4 hours in DHS. It was plenty! On my next trip, I plan to skip DHS altogether. I will go back to DHS once they "finish" the park by adding at least a few more D and E ticket attractions.

DisneyDaver

I could say EPCOT is a half day park too if I really want to get picky....everything there is old.

EPCOT a half day park? ... It takes half a day just to walk from the Future World entrance to the far end of World Showcase and back :)

I kid. In my view, MK is the only full day park in WDW. AK and DHS need some big additions and EPCOT needs significant updating and a couple new attractions. I really think WDW missed the boat when they shut down the Wonders of Life, never really finished World Showcase and converted (or are converting) the rides in Mexico and Norway to rides that belong in the Magic Kingdom. The previously planned Mount Fuji coaster, Rhine River Cruise, and other World Showcase pavilion rides are sorely missing.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
While I think DHS needs work, I think it's unfair to call it less than a half day park or only good enough to have dinner.

It still has Tower of Terror which is incredibly well done and by any reasonable measure, a true E-Ticket. It's a top 5 attraction ever at Disney and possibly anywhere. It represents what I wish Disney still aspired to be.

RNR is one of the smoothest, most fun roller coasters I've experienced. It's well themed and a good mix of thrill and fun.

Great Movie Ride is classic Disney, admittedly in need of refurbishment, but not missable.

Fantasmic is a must see show, despite its age.

Toy Story is good old fun and can't be missed.

Mix in some food, Star Tours, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast stage show, and I think you've got a reasonable amount to do. I do acknowledge The Backlot Tour was a travesty and Lights Motors Action is old and tired. Refreshing it would be refreshing.

Anyone can argue Beauty and the Beast or Little Mermaid are old and tired, but they are classic and how many attractions across WDW can you say are in need of attention? That's the bigger problem for me. I could say EPCOT is a half day park too if I really want to get picky....everything there is old.

And I know you can do what I listed at DHS in a half day if you hustle, but I'd argue that you aren't a Disney fan if you can either miss things I mentioned or rush through the park that quickly. I've done all of MK, literally every attraction and show in less than 1 day. Does that mean even MK is a one day park? It depends on crowd level, your level of interest, and how long you spend enjoying the details of Disney.

I think DHS needs more to do and serious updating, but I can make that argument for AK and especially EPCOT. However, calling it a half day park just means you're skipping things that don't interest you anymore (maybe for good reason) but that argument can be made for any park.

I'm quite sad that you didn't mention the muppets.. :(

Goofyernmost

That's easy to answer. Someone wrote in complaining about the cobwebs in the Tower of Terror. This time a top of the line manager went to personally inspect it and was shocked at how dirty it was in there. So they need to close up early, get in Hazmat and thoroughly clean the whole place. That same executive also paid a visit to the haunted mansion and it required EMS to be called due to his heart stopping, he was so appalled by the filth.

Solidgreen02

Although the time has passed, I seen every single day that have posted their hours at this time. Every single day since this posted message have at least an 8 PM closing time with not a single day closing at 7 PM or earlier than 8 PM (including Oct, Nov, and Jan).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom