Why is Harmonious off center???

saymarc

I really wish they would have created a giant World of Color/Bellagio fountain show that could be hidden during the day. I haven’t seen the barges in person but I have a feeling they’re going to annoy the merde out of me.

brettf22

Premium Member
My 2 Lincolns.

The show matches to where the line of sight was going to be for the Epcot Three level festival center that was ultimately modified.

View attachment 646439
At first, I also thought this was the rationale. But it really doesn’t face the former Festival Center location. The face of the Stargate portion of Harmonious is still perpendicular to the North/South main axis of Epcot and lined up with the western side of the walkway between SSE and the lagoon (red line). To line up with the Festival Center, it would have needed to be rotated to face it (blue arrow), or shifted a lot more than it is.

B1F36573-4048-44A2-B7BF-5C6B3522FE12.jpeg

I’d go with the explanation from @peter11435, i.e. it was designed to use existing infracture, which resulted in it being off center.

Corgi

I was just in EPCOT in May for the first time since 2020 and it was so sad to see the lagoon views blocked by those huge barges. It really does ruin it. And I don’t understand why Disney would do that when the whole point of having that lagoon there was so you could always see all the other countries across it. It was so cool.

Attachments

• 0BDFE94C-FDE0-4F40-812A-D53C0EB3BBB7.jpeg
    0BDFE94C-FDE0-4F40-812A-D53C0EB3BBB7.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 68

mysto

It's just a simple measurement error? Now that sight balloons have been deemed unprofitable, objects are being placed randomly all over the parks.

The Colonel

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I set up dead center in the viewing area and it was noticeably off to the right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom