Why is Doc McStuffins at HS 7 feet tall?

NelsonRD

Original Poster
The comments are pretty funny, but we are talking about Walt Disney World, who is supposed to provide the most immersive environment for their stories, and the only place to see authentic characters. There are endless threads of poor show, quality issues, and cutting corners, but when it comes to the characters, they are given a pass for some reason. Ariel is supposed to be a 16 year old girl, but she does not look like a halloween costume, stands to reason the other human characters should should be given the same appearance.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from Hollywood Studios, the bar keep dropping there.

alissafalco

oh come on they are not that bad. I thought they were cute, and my kids enjoyed them.
IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_7574.JPG

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just tell the kids that the Disney Jr characters have graduated to Disney Sr. and have grown accordingly.

dizda

The comments are pretty funny, but we are talking about Walt Disney World, who is supposed to provide the most immersive environment for their stories, and the only place to see authentic characters. There are endless threads of poor show, quality issues, and cutting corners, but when it comes to the characters, they are given a pass for some reason Ariel is supposed to be a 16 year old girl, but she does not look like a halloween costume, stands to reason the other human characters should should be given the same appearance. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from Hollywood Studios, the bar keep dropping there.
I think that part of the issue is that Ariel was drawn in a more realistic style but the Disney Jr. characters were intended to look more "cartoonish." That makes it harder to represent Disney Jr. as live characters without the suits and "human" character suits always tend to look a bit off.

NelsonRD

Original Poster
I think that part of the issue is that Ariel was drawn in a more realistic style but the Disney Jr. characters were intended to look more "cartoonish." That makes it harder to represent Disney Jr. as live characters without the suits and "human" character suits always tend to look a bit off.

This is exactly my argument, it is not hard to do. Just like they filled a cartoon Anna and Elsa. Have a casting call, look the part, and provide a more realistic experience. I am sorry, but the characters look ridiculous.

NelsonRD

Original Poster
In the words of John Pinette, thats the Disney Jr. cast, their heads are the size of a manhole cover, we don't talk about it though... shhhhhh.

NelsonRD

Original Poster
I mean this entirely seriously, can't WDW employ little people for these roles?

I believe they can very easily find a 5 foot, 18 year old brunette girl to act as Sofia. She would be smaller, more petite, and more believable than that oversized bobble head my girls met.

HRHPrincessAriel

Funny. Sophia was the first non face character my 3.5 year old kiddo would open up to and even allow to get near her. All the others she stood far away or clutched one of us.

unkadug

This is exactly my argument, it is not hard to do. Just like they filled a cartoon Anna and Elsa. Have a casting call, look the part, and provide a more realistic experience. I am sorry, but the characters look ridiculous.
I think the characters look just like who they portray. The cartoon characters themselves are very disproportional.

If you had face characters then that would look really stupid as the cartoons have huge heads.

I'm pretty sure than the Orlando area has a shortage of balloon head people.

NelsonRD

Original Poster
Have you ever seen the cartoon characters? It seems as if you haven't.

I have seen the cartoon characters, my girls watch them. Anna and Elsa have tiny noses in Frozen, and they do not resort to ridiculous costumes to accurately represent their face proportions. They have real people, and it makes for a better experience, even if they do not look exactly like the cartoon. I prefer the human experience, and Disney is held to a high standard in providing unique experiences. When you put people in a suit like they do for Disney Jr. cast, it 'cheapens' the experience.

brb1006

This is sorta off topic, but related to Doc Mcstuffins. Am I the only person who wish Lammy would do meet and greets along with Doc? Come on she loves giving cuddles so that's kinda a miss opportunity and she's so cute!

Last edited:

unkadug

I have seen the cartoon characters, my girls watch them. Anna and Elsa have tiny noses in Frozen, and they do not resort to ridiculous costumes to accurately represent their face proportions. They have real people, and it makes for a better experience, even if they do not look exactly like the cartoon. I prefer the human experience, and Disney is held to a high standard in providing unique experiences. When you put people in a suit like they do for Disney Jr. cast, it 'cheapens' the experience.
So...in order to be true to your vision of what Disney should do with "their" characters, Mickey Mouse should be a face character in order to offer a better experience.

dizda

This is sorta off topic, but related to Doc Mcstuffins. Am I the only person who wish Lammy would do meet and greets along with Doc? Come on she loves giving cuddles so that's kinda a miss opportunity.
Great idea. They definitely should have both together for meet and greets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom