Why Is Disneyland's Mk Better?

Why is Disneyland's Magic Kingdom Better?

• Because Walt looked at Every Detail Himself

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Because the Disneyland Cast Members are Nicer

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Just Because its #1

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Never Been to the Best but Whatever

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Security Boy

Original Poster
I think Disneyland's Magic Kingdom is better for many reasons, it is bigger, the Cast Members are not stuck up, it auctually has a Fantasyland, costumes are better, attractions are better themed and designed such as Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion (WDW's Mansion is Mr Toads house), Peter Pan, Dumbo, Disneyland Railroad, Pirates, etc.

The only attractions I cannot dump on are Thunder Mountain Railroad because overall it is much better than the one in California. I also enjoy Splash Mountain at Disney World because you don;t get wet, and Jungle Cruise has a neat tunnel that DL's does not.

PLEASE note I am looking for reasons, not arguements from WDW Has-beens. I will say that much more time and thought has gone into the Hotels and add'l theme parks at WDW, the California Mis-adventure was very poorly done.

Thanks for the Input!:D

Beauty and the

Originally posted by Security Boy
I think Disneyland's Magic Kingdom is better for many reasons, the Cast Members are not stuck up, it auctually has a Fantasyland, costumes are better,

At take it these comments are based entirely on your own opinions and not on any facts or recongised research. After going to th World many times from the UK I can honestly say I've never come across a Stuck up cast member. I thought the ara containing Peter Pan, Snow white etc was Fantasy Land and I have always thought the costumes beautiful with the attention to detail magnifecant. As I've never been to California I can't comment on the difference between the two but I can expresss my opinion on what I 've seen

PrincessK

I've been to both, but I have to say that I was a little surprised w/ the CM's in CA. They had so many less rules, like hair and make-up, so I was a bit surprised.

Characters are easier and more accessible in DL, so that made it worth it. But some of the face characters were "strange" with adults asking for photos (w/ no kids) Perhaps they were having an off day??

In general, I don't think I can say which I liked better as they both have plusses and minuses. I would go back to DL in a heartbeat though!

Kristin

Lance

I haven't been either, but I hope to get there sometime this year.

As for why the MK in Disneyland being better. It probably is, because before CA, Disneyland only had the MK. So every new attraction went to the MK. In WDW, a new attraction is put at any of the other parks, they aren't all crunched into the MK. My impression of the MK in Disneyland is that it's very crunched with attractions.(which is good, no complaining, but they have more than WDW MK)

sillyspook13

Apples and oranges, my friend. Apples and oranges. Both are fruits, and quite tasty, but they are still quite different.

Sorry, but I'm not going to make any comments on this topic. For every similarity I could name about the parks, I could name a difference too. For every reason why I could like one park more, I have a reason to prefer the other park. Although they are both Disney parks, each one has its own charm.

castmember

Being from Ohio, I am a WDW kid. Still I have been to both DL and WDW - each have pros and cons. I will agree that in many cases, WDW ended up with imitation DL rides. The best example is Pirates which so much more detailed (and quite a bit longer) at DL. Same goes for It's a Small World. On the other hand, WDW provides a unique environment due to its size and synergy. From the moment you drive underneath the welcome sign, you never have to step back into reality. From the monorails and ferry boats, Downtown Disney, the water parks and of course the resorts. It isn't just that there is more to do, but that you are able to fully escape reality.

As for WDW cast members being stuck-up, I must admit I have never witnessed this.

dwldzm9

ditto my round on the edge and hi in the middle bud...

Originally posted by castmember
Being from Ohio, I am a WDW kid. Still I have been to both DL and WDW - each have pros and cons. I will agree that in many cases, WDW ended up with imitation DL rides. The best example is Pirates which so much more detailed (and quite a bit longer) at DL. Same goes for It's a Small World. On the other hand, WDW provides a unique environment due to its size and synergy. From the moment you drive underneath the welcome sign, you never have to step back into reality. From the monorails and ferry boats, Downtown Disney, the water parks and of course the resorts. It isn't just that there is more to do, but that you are able to fully escape reality.

As for WDW cast members being stuck-up, I must admit I have never witnessed this.

Here's another Ohio Kid vote: Equally wonderful, in different areas.

Total Immersion - WDW MK. Like cast' mentioned above, there is nothing like the experience of dissappearing in the 'world... while DL has made an effort to clean up it's outskirts, I think it still has some less than desirable neighbors.

Food - DL by a nose. I still think the Blue Bayou maybe the best disney restaurant I have ever eaten in, and it has the best theming of any of them - period.

Rides - you can make a case for either, but I do agree that most of the classics imported east from DL are better out west.

Crowds - I'm not going on volume, but on friendliness - WDW all the way. I found many in the crowd at DL to be rude, especially when you want to get a drink of water but three or four FAMILIES are in front of you filling up their water bottles. A good way to get a fight started when it is 110 outside, you know?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both are great, both have their advantages, but you shouldn't expect to go to DL and get the same experience as WDW - or vice versa.

Isn't great that we have both to compare though? Let's all just celebrate the fact that there are options, and more Disney magic to experience.

bob

Disneyland Dave

By my name, I guess you know what I am going to say. I have to agree that DL is the better Magic Kingdom. We have AP's for DL and go often.

The crew at Disney have done a good job trying to isolate DL from the outside world. WDW is of course much better at this which makes it an incredable experience. For years the area around DL was a bit seedy but it has been cleaned up. The adding of a third park will help make the DL Resort its own "world"

I was suprised when I first went to WDW's MK and found that it wasn't a lot "better" than the original. But you know, that isn't a bad thing. Each MK is fantastic in its own way, that's why I keep going back again and again. No need really to compare them.

What I like better at DL:
Pirates
Haunted House (especially the Nightmare before Xmas version)
Small World
Story Book Land boats
Matterhorn
The Tikki Room

What I like better at MK:
Legend of the Lion King (we don't have it)
Pooh Ride (again we don't have)
Buzz Light year (again)

MajinBuu

Right now, for me, Walt Disney World is better, only because i have never been to Disneyland b4. But i do know that Universal Studios Florida is somewhat better than Hollywood.

VashtheStampede

The guy that started this poll has got someone real problems, or he is just mad because he has never been to the real Magic Kingdom at Disney World.....poor sad little man.......

=========================>f3ar<==========

NowInc

Ok..time for me to (as usual) disagree...

I for one have been do Disneyland (and California Adventure) and can glady say that WDW's parks are a TON better.

You didn't think id make a statment like that without backing it up did you???

First off...the SIZE difference. DL is tiny!! I drove past it my frist time going there and didnt realize it...

Yes..I will give you that DL has more "feeling" in it because walt did afterall oversee its construction....but that doesnt mean the Florida park has any less "Disney" qualitys to it...

As for the attitudes of the CMs....I have never had a problem with a Florida CM..but in California I had one continually poke fun of how I looked, and I also had to deal with them coming off as Aggrivated. But these are all from my PERSONAL experiences...you can not base which park is better off of a few bad experiences wth CMs at a park,...so this point is null and void..

In the end..it is all apples and oranges (as said by Sillyspook)...Both have great qualities..and it is ALL a matter of opinion.

(perhaps you should of added another option to the poll that says "WDW is better, sorry")

popkid

i dunno here, i've been to both DL and WDW's MK - and when given the choice i'll pick WDW everytime... if only WDW had the indy attraction...

Security Boy

Original Poster
SHUT UP

Originally posted by VashtheStampede
The guy that started this poll has got someone real problems, or he is just mad because he has never been to the real Magic Kingdom at Disney World.....poor sad little man.......

Why don't you get a life! Unlike you I am a Cast Member so I auctually know what I am talking about unlike you. :hammer:

If you a Cast Member, than you would know better. I have worked at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World (both for years and currently at Disneyland) and having done Guest Relations, Security, Attractions, and Parking: I can tell you that Management is marginally better at WDW, otherwise if you compare the design of both Magic Kingdoms, Disneyland wins hands down attraction wise and Guest experience wise.

Why don't you run your mouth about something you can honestly say you know better than me :D

NowInc

Re: SHUT UP

Why don't you get a life! Unlike you I am a Cast Member so I auctually know what I am talking about unlike you. :hammer:

If you a Cast Member, than you would know better. I have worked at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World (both for years and currently at Disneyland) and having done Guest Relations, Security, Attractions, and Parking: I can tell you that Management is marginally better at WDW, otherwise if you compare the design of both Magic Kingdoms, Disneyland wins hands down attraction wise and Guest experience wise.

Why don't you run your mouth about something you can honestly say you know better than me :D [/B]

o_O

A tad bit Defensive are we?

VashtheStampede

Hey pal, your little "poll" was cute and all but you didn't give the WDW fans any choice, so I replied in kind. I think for someone that (insert mocking tone here) has worked soooooo many different jobs with Disney. Would have a more open mind than posting a one sided poll. I was Disney fan long before I was CM and now know your just another one those acursed disney stuck-ups. I love all of walt's parks. You on the other due have a problem and need to step back and look at the big picture pal.

Oh yeah i'm CM Area 4 Disney MGM Studios, jerk.... I've spent more time on disney grounds than you could ever imagine. 18 years, over one thousand disney guest trips......You only wish you knew the WD stuff I know....

so like you said - :hammer: . Right back at ya......

If this wasn't a Disney forum I'd be saying alot more.......

You really just p1$$ me off.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom