Why hasn't WDW reservations addressed/fixed the unbelievably long hold times?

donsullivan

Premium Member
This isn't unique to WDW. Pretty much the entire hospitality and transportation industry is going through the same thing. Have you tried to call an airline call center lately? I had to wait 2 hours on hold with Delta last week for a problem that could not be resolved on the website or over Twitter support.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I have never waited more than a few minutes.
Hit 0 through the prompts.

For the heck of it I just called and when a CM picked up I hung up.
1623191296512.png

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

This isn't unique to WDW. Pretty much the entire hospitality and transportation industry is going through the same thing. Have you tried to call an airline call center lately? I had to wait 2 hours on hold with Delta last week for a problem that could not be resolved on the website or over Twitter support.
I've had to call JetBlue half a dozen times lately and had hold times between 30 and 90 minutes.

What JetBlue offers, however, that Disney doesn't, is the option to request a callback -- so my time "on hold" doesn't have to inconvenience me, and when I finally get to talk to an agent, I feel appreciative that they called, rather than annoyed that their employer has just wasted hours of my time. Why Disney can't extend that courtesy to its guests (and to its telephone operators) is a mystery to me.

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Interesting. I can't even get through. I just tried one minute ago.
I agree the hold times are crazy, but today is particularly bad because they released the boo bash tickets today.
Through most of the day on multiple Disney lines there were many "your call can't be completed as dialed", or a busy signal etc. etc.

Roy G. Dis

I've had to call JetBlue half a dozen times lately and had hold times between 30 and 90 minutes.

What JetBlue offers, however, that Disney doesn't, is the option to request a callback -- so my time "on hold" doesn't have to inconvenience me. Why Disney can't extend that courtesy to its guests is a mystery to me.
Every aspect of Disney's "tech" seems like they took a different path in the road. Their website, their apps, Disney+, etc... all of it looks great but operates like .

phillip9698

Makes no difference now. Back in the day calling area code 407 from outside Central FL costs per minute. Now it doesn't matter.

I know it doesnt matter now, was just wondering as its an interesting tidbit.

Must be some reason a company as big as Disney with as many out of town guests it receives didnt use a toll free number. Does anyone know why?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Must be some reason a company as big as Disney with as many out of town guests it receives didnt use a toll free number. Does anyone know why?

Because it costs on a per call basis to route that number to the local number. Given the call volume, its quite a pretty chunk of change not to have calls hit a busy signal.

donsullivan

Premium Member

Since the vast majority (I know, not all) are calling on cellphones nowadays, and there is no long distance charge on cell phones, the cost to the caller is exactly the same dialing 407 numbers as a toll free number. With that in mind why should Disney pay extra for all the minutes on a toll free number when there is no benefit to most callers since they aren’t paying long distance anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom