Why hasn't Goofy gotten a costume change

retr0gate

Original Poster
I actually like the Goofy mascot suit they've always used and I'm not saying they should change it I just have always wondered why they never did. Most of the "main" characters you see in the park (basically the fab five minus pluto- so I guess this same question applies to him, but anyways, I digress) have seen some pretty drastic costume changes throughout the years in terms of their mascot heads. I think I can speak for everyone when I say the characters always had a certain charm to them although they never really looked like the actual cartoons (the earlier versions at least). Over time Disney has updated these costumes, with the current version of Donald/Daisy being introduced around the late 90s I believe and more recently Mickey, Minnie, Clarabelle and even Horace receiving MAJOR redesigns a year or two ago that make them look more like the characters they are portraying. Even smaller characters like Chip and Dale have seen slight tweaks over time and yet Goofy has looked the same since the 1970s. It seems like he's the only character whos appearance as hardly changed and that always struck me as odd considering he's a pretty major character.

brb1006

Maybe he's "perfect" just as he is?
Goofy needs a bit more work around his face and newer clothing
latest

And add his bump near the top of his head when he's not wearing his hat.
images

Compared to his usual park appearance

I love how Disney is recently starting to make the updated Mickey and Minnie head designs look very close to their cartoon appearances since the opening of Shanghai Disney Resort. Similar Horace and Clarabelle just got a updated body and costume change and Smee got updated around late 2009 and 2010.

The *real* question is - why hasn't The Beast gotten a costume change?!!?
Already happened
poh10294810249fi.jpg

Last edited:

Taylor?

I have to say, while it would be nice, he doesn't desperately need one, so Disney my be holding back and probably coming back to him later.

Goofy needs a bit more work around his face and newer clothing
latest

And add his bump near the top of his head when he's not wearing his hat.
images

Compared to his usual park appearance

I love how Disney is recently starting to make the updated characters head designs look very close to their cartoon appearances since the opening of Shanghai Disney Resort.

Already happened
poh10294810249fi.jpg

I do agree with what you said about the more cartoon-ish appearances. It would be beautiful if Goofy got a new costume and maybe fix some things like the eyes and whiskers. Those eyes.... They haunt me...

brb1006

I have to say, while it would be nice, he doesn't desperately need one, so Disney my be holding back and probably coming back to him later.

I do agree with what you said about the more cartoon-ish appearances. It would be beautiful if Goofy got a new costume and maybe fix some things like the eyes and whiskers. Those eyes.... They haunt me...
Now that I think about it, since when did Goofy have whiskers besides his older cartoon design which was later used for the new Mickey Mouse shorts?

FettFan

PS If we ever do get a new Goofy, I hope it's the adult version of Goofy that's borderline psychotic.

Maybe Football Goofy
SBy2D.jpg

Or Chain-Smoking Goofy
Goofynosmoking.jpg

Or Alcoholic Detective Goofy
9thumb.jpg

Or Morbidly Obese Goofy
TrRyRq4.gif

Or Angry Father Goofy Who Resents The Fact That He's Got a Kid
11.jpg

Taylor?

PS If we ever do get a new Goofy, I hope it's the adult version of Goofy that's borderline psychotic.

Maybe Football Goofy
SBy2D.jpg

Or Chain-Smoking Goofy
Goofynosmoking.jpg

9thumb.jpg

Or Morbidly Obese Goofy
TrRyRq4.gif

11.jpg

Wow! Those would be gReAt characters to turn into mascots!

Jiggs

Maybe Football Goofy
SBy2D.jpg

Or Chain-Smoking Goofy
Goofynosmoking.jpg

9thumb.jpg

Or Morbidly Obese Goofy
TrRyRq4.gif

11.jpg
Technically thats George G. Geef, a Character portrayed by Goofy, and i honestly don't think he's Popular enough to get in the parks.
I just want them to fix Goofy's Face

brb1006

Maybe Football Goofy
SBy2D.jpg

Or Chain-Smoking Goofy
Goofynosmoking.jpg

9thumb.jpg

Or Morbidly Obese Goofy
TrRyRq4.gif

11.jpg
At this point, Max deserves a redesign since I really liked his new hair style since The Goofy Movie and he still has that Goofy Troop design which he had since day one.

cheezbat

I've thought for the longest time that they need to remove Goofy's whiskers. It just doesn't fit him nowadays. I'm curious what they'd do with his eyes...I'd like to see him resemble his cartoon counterpart better.

brb1006

I've thought for the longest time that they need to remove Goofy's whiskers. It just doesn't fit him nowadays. I'm curious what they'd do with his eyes...I'd like to see him resemble his cartoon counterpart better.
I really love the new looks for both Clarabelle Come and Horace Horsecollar. Hopefully they might do a similar approach with Goofy in the future.
YhoIrSi_d.jpg
iUNJXkI_d.jpg

Jiggs

I agree with you in so many ways.
As a major Goofy Fan, the eyes and whiskers really tick me off xD

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe Football Goofy
SBy2D.jpg

Or Chain-Smoking Goofy
Goofynosmoking.jpg

9thumb.jpg

Or Morbidly Obese Goofy
TrRyRq4.gif

11.jpg

It's interesting you brought this up...As surprisingly...There was a version of that design of Adult Goofy. They used it in the 1955 Mickey Mouse Club for a segment.
goofymmc.jpg

You can see the clip of it around the 1:00 mark....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom