Why hasn't everybody started fussing about the upcoming ticket price increase?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just like the AP price moaning... this tangent about passport costs is not about the costs or applicability... but boils down to "I've grown accustomed to being able to do this for dirt cheap or free... and now it's not that and I'm angry"

You used to be able to goto Canada without a passport and only a driver's license. Now you can't. That's the crux. No one is trying to raise passport fees to simply profit off of the Canadian border... but people usually can't see beyond the impact on themselves to allow such thoughts to happen.

Bolna

Example passport fees for residents in other countries (exchanged into US Dollars):

Germany: $75
Canada: $107
France: $112
UK: $136

I may have missed processing fees for Germany and France, so they may actually be higher.

-Rob

Fee for Germany is correct! For under 24 years old it is only 48 $, but the passport is also only valid for 5 years instead of 10 years.

But people here think that passports are too expensive, too - I guess next time I hear someone complain I can tell them that they are actually lucky in international comparison.

menamechris

Just like the AP price moaning... this tangent about passport costs is not about the costs or applicability... but boils down to "I've grown accustomed to being able to do this for dirt cheap or free... and now it's not that and I'm angry"

I think once the initial shock wears off, I am pretty sure DL APs will cough up the extra money for the annual passes. If they don't, they weren't valuing the product very much in the first place, and that is exactly the kind of visitors I think DL is trying to weed out. I am sure that many families will have a legitimate financial reason that they can't, but when it comes down to it, $50 a month is not terribly much if you consider taking the spouse and kids out to a cheap dinner and a movie these days will cost that. And that is one night. But again, I think DL's goal will be met....those who were getting an AP and just hanging out at DL, because it was dirt cheap to do on a weekend will probably think twice about renewing.

I see this happening to Universal here in Orlando very soon. Teenagers and young adults are a huge AP demo for Universal because the AP is so cheap. Once the HP expansion opens, and things continue to be refined and upgraded throughout Universal, I think the resort will want to stop babysitting over the weekends and focus on a more sophisticated (and money spending) demo...

freediverdude

I think it's all about the monthly payment and what they feel they can get away with as far as that increasing. I bet a large percentage of the CA locals will renew on monthly payment if they haven't already, and 10 bucks a month more per pass or whatever it would be (haven't done the math, anyone?) on a monthly payment doesn't seem near as big an increase as saying it's $150 more. Disney is betting that they can now make these larger jumps in prices due to the payment plan, and a lot of people will pay it without noticing as much.

Brian Noble

Scamming $600 from a family of four to border cross is insane.
It's only insane if you cross the border just once in ten years---and that's entirely under your control. There's a big blue world out there. Go see it.

flavious27

Usually when the annual buzz rolls around we all claim that we will never visit again. This is the last straw. And that record attendance cannot possible warrant higher prices. Nor the fact that hours have been expanded like crazy the past year. Especially in the offseasons. Back to pre 2001 levels.

How dare Disney World raise prices again in that kind of prosperous climate of high demand?

Its like complaining about it getting hot and humid during the summer, it is always going to happen.

ToTBellHop

Universal just rose their ticket prices (one day ticket up to $88) so I would expect WDW to follow suit shortly with a comparable increase.

menamechris

Universal just rose their ticket prices (one day ticket up to $88) so I would expect WDW to follow suit shortly with a comparable increase.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happens tomorrow at around 5 p.m. The suits can't be happy that Universal beat them to the punch on this...

Scuttle

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happens tomorrow at around 5 p.m. The suits can't be happy that Universal beat them to the punch on this...

Nope they can't be, but they also can't be happy that IOA saw an increase of nearly 30% attendance either. IOA attendance is creeping up on HS and AK. The suits HAVE to be worried about that.

RSoxNo1

Nope they can't be, but they also can't be happy that IOA saw an increase of nearly 30% attendance either. IOA attendance is creeping up on HS and AK. The suits HAVE to be worried about that.

Nah don't worry... the DJ dance parties should take care of that problem.

Plutoboy

Just learned from my employer (major partner of WDW) that the ticket prices are set to raise on Sunday, June 3, 2012. A 1 day base will go to 94.79w/tax for adults. Waterpark and Disneyquest are also going up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom