Why don't they sell that?

Phineas

I always thought it was such a huge missed opportunity for the Lego store in Downtown Disney to not sell Parks-Exclusive sets, based on attractions throughout WDW. It's also kind of a blessing in disguise though-because Legos are quite expensive, and with them combining two of my favorite things, I'd have no choice but to buy them all.

MickeyLuv'r

And, on that same note, I often wonder why they don't have park- or resort-specific scents? Like a candle the same scent as the Confectionary, the Wilderness Lodge, the Polynesian?

To answer this part of your question- as far as resorts- good luck getting staff to even admit they actually DO use perfumes.

I think the secret is that a certain company specifically provides these scents to businesses, where each is a proprietary blend!!!

(A quick search, and the top link that pops up selling business-scents even boldly asks, "What if there was no Mickey Mouse?" on their web page. Hmm! They claim scents are part of the association customers make, along with visuals.)

Among the top ideas they list on tabs: Citrus, redwood forest, and ocean scent!

What would WDW's Main St be if guests DIDN'T smell the sweet Confectionary?

At one point in the early/mid 00's, many food places at WDW all had the same odor. We even named it, because it used to sometimes make us slightly queasy. Initially we didn't realize it was a pumped in odor.

Later we realized, AKL's was clearly pumped.

Seriously, check out the webpage, and it is pretty easy to link scent tabs with a host of big name fast food chains: dark roast coffee, waffle cone, chocolate cookie, green tea.

Wags14

I always thought it was such a huge missed opportunity for the Lego store in Downtown Disney to not sell Parks-Exclusive sets, based on attractions throughout WDW. It's also kind of a blessing in disguise though-because Legos are quite expensive, and with them combining two of my favorite things, I'd have no choice but to buy them all.

This... well sort of because then my boys would want them all... but they would be soooo cool.

Cmdr_Crimson

This... well sort of because then my boys would want them all... but they would be soooo cool.

They did...But, they weren't through Lego..It was Disney's own line called Disney Build-It!
12775930.jpg
12775933(2).jpg

They even had Knex sets at one point of Dumbo & Space Mountain..
$_1.JPG
knex1.png

MickeyLuv'r

They have a whole store dedicated to MADE IN THE USA merchandise next to the American Adventure in Epcot in that gift shop. It started 2 years ago that the whole entire store is all US made items, including Disney specific items. I bought some pretty cool items there. It is a shop that I have to visit every trip now. :)

I'm glad1 We once walked around the WS looking at assorted items. In most the WS gift shops we found a great MANY tags that said, "Made in China." It became a running joke to find a non-food in each country that actually came from that country! It is noteworthy that all the flag pins are made in China.

Overall, Japan was a bit of an exception. Mexico was also pretty good about selling Mexican products.

then again, in the China shop we also found merchandise that wasn't actually from China. Go figure!

(It is also worth mentioning, my local ethnic grocery stores sell many of the same brands as the WDW WS for a much lower price! I'm sometimes shocked by the WS upcharges on items like candy and packaged cookies.)

Phineas

I remember those Lego-ish sets in Once Upon a Toy, but they were a little overly-simple, really-a little too similar to Mega Blocks in terms of quality. However, I didn't know about those K'Nex sets, which actually look pretty nice.

Every time I see some amazing fan creation online, I just wish Disney would partner with Lego and release equally amazing sets. I mean, LOOK AT THIS:
castle1.jpg

Last edited:

Phineas

(It is also worth mentioning, my local ethnic grocery stores sell many of the same brands as the WDW WS for a much lower price! I'm sometimes shocked by the WS upcharges on items like candy and packaged cookies.)
Germany sells pretty much every variety of Haribo gummies...at $4/bag I think, last I was there. These are $1 at local shops. And I'm sure everything else is similarly marked up.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I just want them to sell more resort and attraction specific merchandise period. T-shirts, mugs, hats, etc...Instead of generic merchandise that can be bought at any mall. I want to buy stuff that will remind me of my trip once I get back home, not remind me of how I overpaid for a pair of sunglasses.
They do have lots of attraction specific merchandise like I mentioned, including tshirts, hats, mugs, and many other unique items, in my previous response on this thread for many attractions like HM, TOT, EVEREST, SOARIN, STAR TOURS, TEST TRACK, some Splash Mountain, and others, etc etc. And they have been adding more resort specific merchandise again the last year or 2. :)

GrumpyFan

To answer this part of your question- as far as resorts- good luck getting staff to even admit they actually DO use perfumes.

I think the secret is that a certain company specifically provides these scents to businesses, where each is a proprietary blend!!!

(A quick search, and the top link that pops up selling business-scents even boldly asks, "What if there was no Mickey Mouse?" on their web page. Hmm! They claim scents are part of the association customers make, along with visuals.)

Among the top ideas they list on tabs: Citrus, redwood forest, and ocean scent!

Seriously, check out the webpage, and it is pretty easy to link scent tabs with a host of big name fast food chains: dark roast coffee, waffle cone, chocolate cookie, green tea.

The link referred to here is: http://www.scentair.com/
However, as alluded to by @MickeyLuv'r the Grand Flo scent is proprietary, and many of the others are as well. Further complicating the matter, Scent Air only sells thru distributors to businesses.

But, that's not the end of the story!

My wife and I returned recently from a stay at Grand Flo and she fell in love with that scent in the lobby, and did some real digging to find out more. As it turns out, Scent Air owns another company that sells retail named Enviroscent and they have some similar scents that are available. So, she contacted them about the scents, and asked specifcially about Grand Flo and received the following response:

Thank you so much for your recent purchase! We do get a lot of request about the Disney hotels. Our most popular request regarding Disney is Contemporary Hotel at Disney, and the fragrance used there is Green Clover and Aloe which we do have. The Grand Floridian uses the scent Mediterranean Fig, which is a custom ScentAir fragrance due to this we do not supply this fragrance.

Long story short, we bought one of the AccScent Fragrance machines, and have it running in our house, and it's actually very nice.

So, if you're interested, check it out. http://www.enviroscent.com/

But, back on topic. As popular as these seem to be, you would think they would sell them in the resorts. At least now you know where you can buy them. (Hopefully my post doesn't violate ToS rules, I'm not selling or representing them, just sharing what we found.)

Last edited:

RScottyL

Theres a world full of merchandise I could list that Disney's missing out on. My Disney savings budget would be quadrupled if I had to save for all the things I would buy.... if only they were offered.

Cans of BEVERLY. I'd love to bring some 6 packs of Beverly home and watch my "never been to Disney" friends take a swig.

Another:
Model sets/ dioramas of some of the more popular Disney attractions, buildings, park areas. Those Olszewski scale models are great but can be very expensive.

If you need to have your Beverly fix while traveling, you can also taste this at:

Las Vegas Coca Cola store
Atlanta, Georgia Coca Cola store (World Of Coke?)

MickeyLuv'r

. (Hopefully my post doesn't violate ToS rules, I'm not selling or representing them, just sharing what we found.)
Great info! That was my concern as well, (based on my experience posting elsewhere).

Interesting also, as I once smelled something similar to GF at a different non-WDW hotel. I was just walking through the lobby on a hot day to escape the heat. The fragrance stopped me for a moment, because it was so similar!

GrumpyFan

Great info! That was my concern as well, (based on my experience posting elsewhere).

Interesting also, as I once smelled something similar to GF at a different non-WDW hotel. I was just walking through the lobby on a hot day to escape the heat. The fragrance stopped me for a moment, because it was so similar!

I think the Westin brand uses these as well, and they actually make their fragrance available for purchase. They had a PR announcement and everything to launch it.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westi...ease_detail.html?Id=09/20/2006&language=en_US

awheartsdw

My 12 year old DD would like Vera Bradley to make lunch bags in the Mickey prints to match her Vera Mickey backpack.

I would like bands for the fitbit and I agree with the pet merchandise. My DH would probably say more ties. We get him one every trip. And Mickey dress socks. Maybe add more character variety to the men's "office attire" merchandise.

RScottyL

"borrowed" from elsewhere online:

Old Spice Komodo Body wash = smells just like Norway.:laughing: Not like Trolls or Vikings....more like the smell of the gift shop.

Now to be fair..and to prove I am not completely nuts (ok..maybe that ship has sailed :boat:) - I put it in the shower and didn't say anything. My DD9 was taking her shower tonight and said "OMG! This stuff smells just like Norway!!!"... so if you need a *Disney Smell Fix* - check it out. ;)

Here is an un-offical DISNEY SMELL list for those of you needed a WDW fix.

Old Spice Komodo Body Wash - Norway/Laila
Target bathrooms - various WDW bathrooms (clean only) - and Soarin
Citrus Mist air freshner - Soarin
Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Be our guest scene from Philarmagic
Loreal Vive Shampoo in the gold bottle - Florida/WDW smell
Glade Christmas Pine - Soarin
L'Oreal Ever Pure with rosemary and juniper shampoo - GF Lobby
Gardenias - Poly
Yankee Candle- Beachwalk candle -ocean scene from Soarin
Yankee Candle - Sun and San - Yacht Club
Glade Apple Spice Air freshner - floating pie from Philharmagic
Bath and Body Worlds Seaside Escape - BC lobby
Burning leaves/woodburning stove - Flame Tree BBQ (be sure to get a permit please)
Elephant cages and or Band Aids - monorail (do what you will with this one)
D & G Light Blue cologne - Soarin beach scene
Yankee Candle Winter Wonderland - Soarin skier scene - piney, wintery and crisp
Bath and Body Works Tropical Spice - Disney resort TBD
Paula Deen Pecan Pie candle - Main St.
Bath and Body Works Sea Breeze cotton - Norway
Clean and Clear morning burst face wash - Soarin orange.
Aloe and Green Clover - Enviroscent - BC lobby
Lush Cosmetics - Soak and Float solid shampoo - burning Rome scene from Space Ship Earth (for those who want to be smokey)
Fabreeze Lavender & Comfort - BC lobby
Rainkissed Leaves and Dancing Waters from B&BW - scenes from Soarin
Oscar Meyer pre-cooked bacon - AKL (yum! - hehehe)
Ocean mens line from B&BW - Soarin
Targets new candle - Sweet Spun Sugar - candy stores in the World.
Soft Soap - Deep Cleaning Sea Mineral Soap - BLT
Sun Inn Hair lightener - AKL
B&BW Sparkling Icicles - Soarin

Last edited:

Bairstow

Theres a world full of merchandise I could list that Disney's missing out on. My Disney savings budget would be quadrupled if I had to save for all the things I would buy.... if only they were offered.

Cans of BEVERLY. I'd love to bring some 6 packs of Beverly home and watch my "never been to Disney" friends take a swig.

Another:
Model sets/ dioramas of some of the more popular Disney attractions, buildings, park areas. Those Olszewski scale models are great but can be very expensive.

On a semi-related note, the new Harambe Marketplace quick service counters at Animal Kingdom have the South African sodas from Club Cool, Sparberry and Bibo, on tap.

Bibo is much too sweet to enjoy (and non-carbonated), but Sparberry is actually quite refreshing if you like fruity sodas. Careful though- it stains pretty badly.

PRNCSAurora

A good sweatshirt that is disney but understated. I have looked my last three trips and have found nothing.

Also players of the attractions. My daughter had been creating a pretend dumbo ride and small world with her little people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom