Pre-Trip Why Does My Tooth Hate Disney?

In October 2014, I had to cancel a November trip to Disney because I found out that I had a cracked tooth, specifically a molar. It was fixed but the cost cancelled the trip. Flash-forward to this week. On the same tooth, I felt what seemed like a chip out of the crown. Now, we have a trip in early February that has been booked for eight months and I'm really looking forward to it. So, I go to the dentist and the crown that was put on that selfsame tooth has a crack. Honestly, I take good care of my teeth. The original cracked tooth was from clenching during a car accident. So, I have to get a new crown put on but it won't cancel this trip. Thankfully. However, why does that tooth hate Disney? I thought that maybe it only supported Universal but I plan on one day at IOA/UNI and thus that can't be the reason. Maybe it's just a jerk of a tooth.

Just a few weeks away, though. I am planning on finally playing golf at a Disney course (probably Palm), a day at IOA/UNI as mentioned, and then a few days at Disney. Big goal is going to DHS and grabbing a boarding group for RotR. Currently, the DHS schedule shows opening at 9:00 AM with EMH starting at 8:00. So, I might be able to swing a ride on the Falcon and a boarding group for RotR. That is unless WDW changes the opening time for DHS like they did for January. Either way, my goal is RotR. We're also staying at Bay Lake which is a huge gift to ourselves. I know that many don't care for the Contemporary but we love it. Plus, this is our first time staying at Bay Lake and so that is added fun.

No matter what, we'll have fun. I just hope that my tooth can get on board with Disney trips.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
giphy.gif

Something like this?

I hope your tooth cooperates and you have a great time.
To tell you the tooth, I love BLT! Enjoy it!
Good luck with RotR BG! Toothfully, you should be ok as long as you get there at park open.
😉

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Dental issues are so inconvenient, and can also drain your bank account. Been there. I hope that you won't have any tooth problems on your trip, and can go and enjoy every minute of your well-deserved vacation! :)

Crowns usually stay cemented in, and work well. However, sometimes it's also good to keep on hand, a little repair kit (sold in pharmacies in the dental section). The temporary glue (to put the crown back in) in the kit, can often get you through a day or two before you have to go see a dentist, to have it properly done. (When traveling, I've always kept a kit in the suitcase, just in case of an emergency. Just be aware that the glue sets up very quickly in the little container, so don't hesitate to reinsert the crown right away.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom