Why does Europe and the Commonwealth nations produce better television actors and actresses?

CmdrShepN7

Original Poster
The vast majority of "Game of Thrones" is British. Back in 2019 I never watched any of Joel Kinnaman's movies. When I first saw the trailer for the first season I was like "Who is that All American squared jaw hero looking guy".

I then find out the All American astronaut's actor came from Sweden.

The pretty boy astronaut is from New Zealand.

The first American woman on the Moon is played by a British actress.

Why do actors from Britain, AUS, and NZ frequently beat out American actors and actresses for television roles?

Does Europe and the Commonwealth nations invest more in arts education for young people?

Are American TV actors and actresses more interested in doing reality television and less interested in fantasy and sci fi roles?

Several of those people playing astronauts were high school aged in the 90s. Were the young Americans of the 90s less interested in going into acting?

I wouldn’t trade the GOT and FAM cast for anyone else but I am curious why were European and Commonwealth actors so successful in beating out American actors.

Should American society value the arts more?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Perhaps due to the actual training available and utilized. Alot of US "actors" are of the "method" variety and those who are running the casting calls value physical appearance over skill. Headshots over CV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom