Why does Disney Stop the Monorail even as the park closes for extra magic hours ?

21stamps

The bus is actually a whole lot quicker especially if the boat isn't at the dock when you are leaving. There is never anybody on board the bus either as most just go and wait for the boats. So 90% of the time it's a direct trip back to the grand with no other stops.
We aren't staying in the main building, so the boats will probably be faster for us. Plus- I absolutely love the view. But, This is good to know in case the launch lines are too long. Thanks!

Disney.Mike

Its sad seeing the people hate on the OP for being irritated at this. I personally dont stay at deluxes (can afford it, but not worth the ROI to me), but some of you seem to be hating him because you cant afford to stay at the monorail resorts. Part of the monorail resorts is access to the monorail at the busiest times... Morning, mid day nap time, park close.

I'd be really irritated to at this if I chose to stay at the monorail resorts.

rob0519

Why does Disney shut down the monorail when the park is closing for people with extra magic hours? The people waiting in front of me in the bus line could easily fill up at least 2 mono rails.

When Epcot closed the other night and there were tons of people pouring out of the park(one of the most crowded days I've ever seen by the way", the Momorail was closed in Epcot(however was still running on Magic kingdom-resorts) I was forced to wait forever for a bus which then had issues with a wheel scooter unable to load in the bus. Long story short, I was crammed into a bus like a sardine with enough people in the line to easily fill up 2 monorails.

I got out at the first hotel it stopped at and cached the monorail on the other track back to my hotel. So much wasted time and discomfort by them closing the monorail especially with so many people exiting the park as well as the magic kingdom monorail still open.

Why do they do this? Just poor planning? They know if extra magic hours let out at 11PM for Epcot, there is going to be a lot of people returning and in need of transportation.

Perhaps they are not taking the crowds into consideration when they decide to shut down the monorail? I'm not sure but a lot of people were upset that the monorail was not running especially when you try to look up the schedule and you usually get an answer like " 1 hour after park closing" or something to that effect.

I really hope there is a legit reason for this and its not just a middle finger to the hotel guest(who are spending a lot of money to be there on top of the park tickets)

I'm voting for the cost cutting middle finger to the customer. Most CMs are great, but this is a management decision. If it saves a few bucks, Scre## the customer's convenience and comfort. It's becoming a trend.

Innkeeper's Club

I've experienced this a few times. If there is a problem on the Epcot line they have no choice but to revert to bus service. Inconvenient yes but they've got to get you back. I wouldn't jump to the middle finger conclusion. But look at the possibility of breakdown which does happen. I'm with goofyernmost on this, you just ran into a breakdown is my guess.
I have been on a Resort Monorail that broke down, however at least we were lucky enough that the problem was noticed while it was parked at the TTC. The frustrating part I remember was the Monorail Cast Members waiting for a decision on what to do with the Monorail and it took at least 30 minutes before they shut that Monorail down for the night. So in that whole time the Resort line was down.

BuddyThomas

Those of us who can't yet afford to stay in a deluxe resort on the monorail loop are the ones who always have to shove ourselves into jam packed buses, so forgive me if I don't feel sorry for you. Waiting for & riding on full buses is something that the majority of WDW resort guests deal with every day, so I think you're preaching to the wrong crowd here. I understand your concern over the monorail closing, but complaining about riding a packed bus? Suck it up.
Good grief. Tough crowd!

Brad Bishop

I have been on a Resort Monorail that broke down, however at least we were lucky enough that the problem was noticed while it was parked at the TTC. The frustrating part I remember was the Monorail Cast Members waiting for a decision on what to do with the Monorail and it took at least 30 minutes before they shut that Monorail down for the night. So in that whole time the Resort line was down.

I remember back when they used to boast about the Monorail having 99.99% uptime. Not any longer.

Raineman

Good grief. Tough crowd!
TBH, I wish that I could afford to stay at a Deluxe resort on the monorail loop, so that I could complain about the monorail. However, as someone who will most likely be a Value resort guest for the foreseeable future, seeing someone who has the ability to stay at a Deluxe complaining about being packed onto a bus just rubbed me the wrong way a bit. Dealing with packed buses is a regular occurrence if you stay at Value resorts-the only other transportation option is to drive.

21stamps

TBH, I wish that I could afford to stay at a Deluxe resort on the monorail loop, so that I could complain about the monorail. However, as someone who will most likely be a Value resort guest for the foreseeable future, seeing someone who has the ability to stay at a Deluxe complaining about being packed onto a bus just rubbed me the wrong way a bit. Dealing with packed buses is a regular occurrence if you stay at Value resorts-the only other transportation option is to drive.

These posts drive me crazy. There is no reason for anyone to criticize someone based on where they choose to stay, or what they can or can not afford. Plenty of people stay at Value resorts who can afford to stay at a Deluxe, because they don't see the value. Others spend the money because of convenience or theme or whatever.

The passive aggressive "I wish I could afford.." or "It must be nice.." or "You shouldn't complain because you are lucky.." are so tiring. Really they are. Do you have 2 arms and 2 legs? If one of your limbs is in pain should you not complain about it..because ya know, some people are missing that limb.

Just think about how ridiculous these comments are.

Raineman

These posts drive me crazy. There is no reason for anyone to criticize someone based on where they choose to stay, or what they can or can not afford. Plenty of people stay at Value resorts who can afford to stay at a Deluxe, because they don't see the value. Others spend the money because of convenience or theme or whatever.

The passive aggressive "I wish I could afford.." or "It must be nice.." or "You shouldn't complain because you are lucky.." are so tiring. Really they are. Do you have 2 arms and 2 legs? If one of your limbs is in pain should you not complain about it..because ya know, some people are missing that limb.

OK, let me explain it a different way, as what I wrote did not convey what I wanted to. The fact that the monorail service was not provided as it should have been-I have no issue with the OP complaining about that. I have no issue with anyone who stays at Deluxe resorts. Complaining about having to be jammed onto a bus? Thousands of people at WDW every day deal with this; they don't like it, and it is something that they know is going to happen, but they don't come on here and complain about it. That is what rubbed me the wrong way-anything else in my posts were just a quick, emotional reaction that I should have thought about before typing. Also, there has been so much negativity on here lately that it's starting to affect my posts, and I do not want to be like the constant complainers/negative people on here.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I was forced to wait forever for a bus which then had issues with a wheel scooter unable to load in the bus. Long story short, I was crammed into a bus like a sardine with enough people in the line to easily fill up 2 monorails.

For those who are saying "Why are you all getting irritated about the post", this is mainly the reason. Anyone who's ever been to a resort town of ANY sort should know that transportation can and will break down or that certain forms will stop running after a certain time. To me, the OP just sounds annoyed that he had to take the bus instead of the monorail luxury.

rob0519

For those who are saying "Why are you all getting irritated about the post", this is mainly the reason. Anyone who's ever been to a resort town of ANY sort should know that transportation can and will break down or that certain forms will stop running after a certain time. To me, the OP just sounds annoyed that he had to take the bus instead of the monorail luxury.
Well, if you pay to stay at a monorail resort, the monorail should be available for use at the time of park closing, no matter what time. As for the "luxury" of tbe monorail, at park closing that is a joke. The resort line is completely packed by non- monorial resort guests trying to get back to the TTC parking lot. If it were a true luxury, all those people would be sent to yhe express line. So at day's end , you're packed on the bus or packed on a monorail.

21stamps

OK, let me explain it a different way, as what I wrote did not convey what I wanted to. The fact that the monorail service was not provided as it should have been-I have no issue with the OP complaining about that. I have no issue with anyone who stays at Deluxe resorts. Complaining about having to be jammed onto a bus? Thousands of people at WDW every day deal with this; they don't like it, and it is something that they know is going to happen, but they don't come on here and complain about it. That is what rubbed me the wrong way-anything else in my posts were just a quick, emotional reaction that I should have thought about before typing. Also, there has been so much negativity on here lately that it's starting to affect my posts, and I do not want to be like the constant complainers/negative people on here.
Thanks for explaining. My problem with the OP's post was if it was that bad/long wait.. Just cab or Uber. I wouldn't wait an hour for a bus. Sometimes all a person needs to do is use their brain, it's there for a reason ..;).
Well, if you pay to stay at a monorail resort, the monorail should be available for use at the time of park closing, no matter what time. As for the "luxury" of tbe monorail, at park closing that is a joke. The resort line is completely packed by non- monorial resort guests trying to get back to the TTC parking lot. If it were a true luxury, all those people would be sent to yhe express line. So at day's end , you're packed on the bus or packed on a monorail.
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I think the resort monorail and resort boats at MK should be restricted to monorail guests after park closing.
There is no reason for someone to be going to a resort at the time of night. It shouldn't stop at the TTC past 10pm.

Brad Bishop

I'd argue that the Monorail really isn't a reason to stay in a Monorail Deluxe Resort, these days.

They're kind of dingy on the inside, these days (unless someone is reporting that they've all of a sudden been cleaning them up, which I haven't heard), and they shut down when you may still want/need to use them.

They've taken the great thing that was the Monorail and turned it into "The Aging City Bus in the Sky!"

It sucks because I always thought that the Monorail was so cool. Since the recent upkeep problems over the last decade or so I just avoid them. If I need to get between the TTC and MK I just take the ferry. Need to go to Epcot? I just drive.

splashingatkali

VERY WELL SAID !!!:):):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom