Why does Disney give more attention to DL than WDW?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disneyland may have more population than WDW, but in my opinion WDW is better as it has more to do, see, and eat! :D

wolf359

Um... pretty sure you forgot a big one in there. :wave:

disneyland_indiana_jones_adventure.jpg

You're absolutely right, Indy totally slipped my mind (it was kinda late when I wrote the above post) but I think the point still holds true. WDW got Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, and more resorts in the same period of time that DL got Toontown...and Indy.

And I think that's totally offset by the incredibly bad decisions that ruined Tomorrowland. It's bad enough Mission to Mars was turned into a restaurant and Circlevision turned into a queue, but that means that when Rocket Rods failed and Space Mountain was suddenly forced to close because it was literally falling apart that for a few years the only attractions open in Tomorrowland were Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Innoventions, Astro Orbiter, and the Autopia...

darthspielberg

dont you think Animal Kingdom and DHS really need help also?

Do they need help? Yes, they do. But Disney isn't as worried because they draw crowds most every day. DCA looked dicey there for a while in terms of crowds. For a while, DCA's only real big thing going for it was Soarin and any rides ported over from Florida (Tower of Terror, to be exact)

Really, Disney wanted to make sure people come back to that park, which is understandable. Disney isn't worried about people not going to DHS and Animal Kingdom. Those parks have two of the biggest "best" attractions on site that draw huge crowds.

I think that Disneyland/DCA will be less emphazised when Carsland is finished. Then they will turn their sights on things at Disney World, like DHS and Animal Kingdom.

trr1

Do they need help? Yes, they do. But Disney isn't as worried because they draw crowds most every day. DCA looked dicey there for a while in terms of crowds. For a while, DCA's only real big thing going for it was Soarin and any rides ported over from Florida (Tower of Terror, to be exact)

Really, Disney wanted to make sure people come back to that park, which is understandable. Disney isn't worried about people not going to DHS and Animal Kingdom. Those parks have two of the biggest "best" attractions on site that draw huge crowds.

I think that Disneyland/DCA will be less emphazised when Carsland is finished. Then they will turn their sights on things at Disney World, like DHS and Animal Kingdom.
dont hold your breath:wave:

darthspielberg

dont hold your breath:wave:

Hey, It's nice to dream. I also don't hold the same vitrol towards TDO that most of this board does, so perhaps I am a bit optimistic.

Fantasyland Expansion is a step in the right direction, no matter how people feel about it though.

Walt Disney1955

Disneyland may have more population than WDW, but in my opinion WDW is better as it has more to do, see, and eat! :D

Actually that isn't true. In 2009 alone, 17 million people visited Magic Kingdom while 14 million visited Disneyland. Not much of a difference, but you get the picture.

Anyway, I think what Disneyland has is an ability to utilize space better. Magic Kingdom is bigger in land than Disneyland but DL has a ton more attractions. That right there tells you something is wrong. There is absolutely no excuse for Disneyland to be that much more superior than MK. This is why it boggles my mind that Snow White is getting removed for a meet and greet. Why is it that people complain about the 1971 originals? Why can't we be confident that Country Bears, Peter Pan, Small World etc. will always be with us? In Disneyland there are a ton of 1955 originals mixed with other better attractions. Disneyland is the prototypical theme park.

jjharvpro

Original Poster
Hey, It's nice to dream. I also don't hold the same vitrol towards TDO that most of this board does, so perhaps I am a bit optimistic.

Fantasyland Expansion is a step in the right direction, no matter how people feel about it though.

FLE is indeed a step in the right direction. I agree with a previous poster, too, that after Carsland(which will boost DCA attendance and popularity BIG TIME), WDW will be getting more attention at DHS & DAK.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Actually that isn't true. In 2009 alone, 17 million people visited Magic Kingdom while 14 million visited Disneyland. Not much of a difference, but you get the picture.

Anyway, I think what Disneyland has is an ability to utilize space better. Magic Kingdom is bigger in land than Disneyland but DL has a ton more attractions.

I agree with everything you say there.

But that is what makes WDW so special! You don't have to come back to a theme park twice to experience everything (unless it's during one of the busy days/weeks/ect.), you can just walk in the park and like PotC, it may not be as long as the one in DLR, but it has enough power to lure you in, i mean to tell you the truth lasting any more time on that ride then the one at WDW's version would be like listening to it's a small world over and over again but it's Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me and an incredibly long cave scene.

ryno1982

Anyway, I think what Disneyland has is an ability to utilize space better. Magic Kingdom is bigger in land than Disneyland but DL has a ton more attractions. That right there tells you something is wrong. There is absolutely no excuse for Disneyland to be that much more superior than MK. This is why it boggles my mind that Snow White is getting removed for a meet and greet. Why is it that people complain about the 1971 originals? Why can't we be confident that Country Bears, Peter Pan, Small World etc. will always be with us? In Disneyland there are a ton of 1955 originals mixed with other better attractions. Disneyland is the prototypical theme park.

The reason why Disneyland has more attractions is simply because it was the lone park for 46 years. Magic Kingdom was only around by itself for 11 years, and thus new attractions are basically divided between the parks. A good example would be Star Tours being put in Disneyland because that's the only place it could possibly go, while at WDW it was put at the Studios because that park needed more capacity.

Also, the amount of classics remaining at the properties is pretty much even. Sure Disneyland still has Mr Toad and the Subs (though the new version is truly terrible), but Magic Kingdom still has a PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Country Bear Jamboree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom