Why do people hate Stitch's Great Escape?

hokielutz

dxwwf3 said:
Look how many people are in line at 12 pm, 2 pm, and 6 pm. It doesn't matter. You get the same results. .

Actually, I had a 35 minute wait to get on SGE at 2:30PM on 06/29/06. My family avoided it at noon because it had a 20 minute wait, but needed to take my brother on it before we had to leave the park to catch a 6:30 flight. So it seems there is enough popularity, once the parks get going, during the day to sustain this attraction for a while.

I agree its not the thing that I rush to every time I go, but I will go on it.

dxwwf3

hokielutz said:
Actually, I had a 35 minute wait to get on SGE at 2:30PM on 06/29/06. My family avoided it at noon because it had a 20 minute wait, but needed to take my brother on it before we had to leave the park to catch a 6:30 flight. So it seems there is enough popularity, once the parks get going, during the day to sustain this attraction for a while.

Well each day is different and I should have mentioned that the attraction is known to occasionally have decent lengths. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to that, I guess. But as merf said, occasions like that seem to be the exceptions nowadays and not the rule.

New2WDW

snakeislandboy said:
I don't think that SGE is a horrible ride. I think that when you take an awesome ride and replace it with a concept that isn't nearly as cool, then the high expectations of the past hurt the new attraction. It's kind of like Star Wars. If the original 3 had never been released, then I think people would think much more of the new Trilogy...or maybe not:veryconfu

I agree with the Snake! My DD-9 loves it and she never even heard of the Alien Encounter (nor have I ridden the AE) so we are pleased. But I do see how it could get old for those who go all the time to the parks. Us - once a year if we're lucky!

CaptainMichael

Connor002 said:
In fact, we can probably narrow down the [consistently] posting population to a few hundred.
Actually, I think it would be less than that. Probably less than a hundred "consistent" posters. Of course, my lack of sleep may be messing with my mind.:brick:

30,000+ is a sexy number but nothing more than that.

Connor002

mousermerf said:
You forgot that attendance is in admissions, not individual people.

I goto WDW regularly, thus i count as several attendance admissions :)
I know, but that complicates things to the point I can't represent that mathematically without more information. Being that official statistics are not released, I've done as best I can.

mac41099

I went to Disney on Sept '05. I hadn't been there since May 1981, so it had been a while.

Since Stitch's Great Escape was new, I went in expecting something cool. I was highly disappointed. I kept waiting for the good/cool part to happen. The shoulder harness released and I thought, "that was it???"

My wife was waiting outside with our 2 year old daughter and I told her not to bother going in.

I actually thought the pre-show in the lobby was better than the ride/experience itself.

We are going again this September and that is one less thing I have to do and can focus on other things in the park.

KnK

Connor002 said:
No.
WDWMAGIC is not a random sample.
The majority of us that post are well informed and disassociated with the "average" guest.

Sorry nothing to do with post but!!!!!

YEAH Tour de France.....Go Discovery!

(Because of connor002 signature and Avatar)

yeti

I thought this ride was okay, pretty stupid, but not the worst ride i've been on (no comments, Hall of Presidents :lookaroun ). It was nothing of what i expected, tho. I thought it would be even better than AE, but i sure thought wrong. At least get rid of the fastpass on this attraction, cause it's not that good and i know i'm not the only one that thinks that.

Reno

This May was the first time I had ever done Stitch. I HATED it! My 11 year old cousin LOVED it.......... I don't like the smell outside while in the preshow or the smell inside when Stitch burps.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Stitch does have long lines. I've seen 30-40 minutes many times. In Alien Encounter's last few years, there was hardly ever a wait. I'm sure of that becuase it is one of the first attractions when you enter Tomorrowland. It was mobed really only when it first opened. My mother went on it and said it was terrible and don't go on it. My father went on it and said the exact same thing. I went on it anyway, and walked away thinking, I should have listend to my parents....

DigitalDisney

SGE is an insult to my intelligence. The preshows are alright, but the main show is just plain stupid. It doesn't even have a real ending!

That being said, I see SGE when I go to the MK when there is no line only because the preshows are mildly entertaining, and the Stitch AA and cannons are awesome. Although the chili dog smell is pretty nauseating...

Dragonrider1227

Too be honest, I don't care for either rides. :lol: I thought Alien Encounter was far too out of place for the Magic Kingdom, and though I like Stich, I have absolutly NO desire to let him drool all over me. :lookaroun

Rhianna.07

I won't compare it to AE...'cause there really isn't any comparison.

Stitch on its own has sad dialog, poor jokes, a disjointed excuse for a plot. This could have been so much more. The chili burp is just disgusting. They even tried to make this ride less scary by using constant stupid chatter in the dark. What a waste.
So sad to think that 11 years later it's still here, they need to shut this ride down FOR GOOD.The wait times never pass 15 minutes because of the well known fact now that it is a horrible ride. The only people who go on there are tourists that have never been before and I'm sure they're disappointed when they walk out. They need to gut the whole building out and I know SGE and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor's buildings are supposed to look exactly the same but they really need to take the ride out and replace it, come on it's been over 10 years! ANYTHING would be better at this point! they need to make a new ride on something a lot more kid oriented and about one of the movies that everyone knows! Such as Princess and the Frog or Brave or any kind of the new princess movies (those always attract a good crowd) and take SGE OUT! Half the tourists have no idea what stitch is anyway! Ugh this whole ride is so aggravating!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As disappointing as SGE is, it's still better than Mission to Mars. And it can be kinda fun listening to the groans when Stitch belches.

Sadly, it'll never be as good as the Extra-TERRORestrial Alien Encounter, but... that actually scared the wee ones.

thomas998

As disappointing as SGE is, it's still better than Mission to Mars. And it can be kinda fun listening to the groans when Stitch belches.

Sadly, it'll never be as good as the Extra-TERRORestrial Alien Encounter, but... that actually scared the wee ones.
I think people would hate Stitch less if they they tweaked the smell of the belch.... Maybe made it smell more like cotton candy and then people would stop hating the ride. Not sure why we have to think that Stitch would have the breath of someone that ate a bad frito pie... to me that's the big turn off of the whole ride.... At the very least make the ride's smell random like a beanboozled game where you might get a wretched smell or a great one at least then it would increase the fun factor of it.

BigRedDad

Because it takes up a massive amount of space, the animatronics are boring, the queue is junk, and the sit down area is boring.

I love Stitch, but this is a waste. They could easily turn it into something more Tomorrowland focused. No, it can't be a Soarin but it could be something similar to Star Tours. Bring in a Tron ride or The Black Hole...something on those lines.

HMF

So sad to think that 11 years later it's still here, they need to shut this ride down FOR GOOD.The wait times never pass 15 minutes because of the well known fact now that it is a horrible ride. The only people who go on there are tourists that have never been before and I'm sure they're disappointed when they walk out. They need to gut the whole building out and I know SGE and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor's buildings are supposed to look exactly the same but they really need to take the ride out and replace it, come on it's been over 10 years! ANYTHING would be better at this point! they need to make a new ride on something a lot more kid oriented and about one of the movies that everyone knows! Such as Princess and the Frog or Brave or any kind of the new princess movies (those always attract a good crowd) and take SGE OUT! Half the tourists have no idea what stitch is anyway! Ugh this whole ride is so aggravating!
I agree, but the new attraction does have to be in theme with Tommorowland whether that be a fitting IP or god forbid something original for a change.

Otterhead

As disappointing as SGE is, it's still better than Mission to Mars. And it can be kinda fun listening to the groans when Stitch belches. Sadly, it'll never be as good as the Extra-TERRORestrial Alien Encounter, but... that actually scared the wee ones.

The chili-dog belch is a big reason a lot of people I know hate that ride. It's just gross.

Alien Encounter had some brilliant ideas and was a far better use of the space and design. And it was truly, genuinely frightening for people. It's a shame that it was put in the worst possible place for it rather than Hollywood Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom