Why did they stop the boat ride at AK?

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone knows why they stopped the boat ride that went around Discovery Island at AK? I know it didn't last very long after the park opened.

rbrower

I went on it once and it was a dissapointment.
It definetly was not a ride that you had to ride once, especially multiple times.

rcapolete

it was a waste of time. We rode it once and they had a
come on with some small cages with animals like spider and stuff in them. I guess they figured that would make the boat trrip more interesting but it was such a waste of time.

PurpleDragon

Well the original concept of the ride had alot more stuff to see, there was a dragon in the cave effect they were going to do, but due to budget setbacks all it ended up being was a flame shooting out of a hole or something. Someone else may be able to give a better description, but they had grand plans for that ride, but budget cutbacks pretty much sealed its fate.

ears2you

Just curious if anyone knows why they stopped the boat ride that went around Discovery Island at AK? I know it didn't last very long after the park opened.

it sucked

boring, no ac, no action

and when the park first opened there was barely any airconditiond places in the entire park

so yea, it just sucked

RSoxNo1

I was there on opening day and because the park didn't have that much (no Kali, no Dinoland except for Dinosaur) the attraction was mobbed. It definitely wasn't worth it, but it was supposed to be a teaser for Beastly Kingdomme, with a unicorn seen on the shores, a dragon in a cave, some knight armor and other things, but it never materialized (I think the armor was actually there for a week, but was removed quickly). So picture Jungle Cruise without any animatronics and no tour guide. That's basically what the boat ride was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom