Why Did 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Close?

JAYZ522

Should Have Kept It

Disney Should Have Kept The 20k Ride And Redid The Theme As Finding Nemo. It Would Have Fit In Perfectly In That Area Of The Park.

socalkdg

WhyteAL said:
This was one of my favorite rides when I was younger...neither one of my two little girls ever had a chance to experince it. I wished they would have done something else with that area instead of a play area. Because I don't pay about 50 bucks per head and god knows how much money on food just to have my kids play in a playground even though it is themed. But a slide and monkey bars are the same themed or not. On a side note I do like the playground in MGM. The Honey I shrunk the kids one. That makes more sense next to an eating area. But really they should lay off the playgrounds its kinda wack..:(
It should be noted that the playground took up very little room. They still have room for a couple more attractions, thus the the playground had 0 bearing on the loss of 20K. I think of the playground as additional theming for the Pooh ride next door(which it needed), nothing more.

The big question is since DL is bringing back the subs for Nemo, what has changed that will make this ride a financial asset? Since it always had a long wait, bringing in more people isn't the goal. My guess is that is will lead to another bump in ticket price, additionally it will have FP thus if it is a favorite of yours, you can ride it without the wait. I've also read that they might have a couple small, single person simulators(motion/motionless, not sure) for anyone that is handicapped.

CThaddeus

[/QUOTE]The big question is since DL is bringing back the subs for Nemo, what has changed that will make this ride a financial asset? Since it always had a long wait, bringing in more people isn't the goal. My guess is that is will lead to another bump in ticket price, additionally it will have FP thus if it is a favorite of yours, you can ride it without the wait. I've also read that they might have a couple small, single person simulators(motion/motionless, not sure) for anyone that is handicapped.[/QUOTE]

I only really recall insanely long lines for the subs (read: 45-60 minutes or so) during the holidays and summer seasons. Even then, lines died off in the evenings. Most of the time, I remember lines being less than 20 minutes, at most. And as a former Disneyland sub driver, I can honestly say there were many times we drove half- or less than half-full subs.
Of course there will be a bump in ticket prices. I haven't seen a year yet where prices didn't increase by at least $1.00 (Premium annual passholders got nailed even harder this year - a $120 increase. Guess we know how they paid for the 50th rehabs). They might use Nemo as an excuse for that in 2007, but they'll just as surely raise it this coming spring...and right now I don't know of anything big slated for 2006, except maybe the ill-conceived idea of tinkering with Pirates again.
It's a possiblity Fast Pass might not hit the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. A few of them were taken out recently (Pirates, Pooh)...so maybe they won't be added. I can certainly hope...

Scooter

Here's what I remember about 20,000 Leagues:Long hot waits in line, Difficult loading and unloading, Feeling claustrophobic, bad audio animatronics, and the subs smelling like mold and mildew.

Other than those few things, the ride was great!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom