Why Cook Should Be Iger's New President

mickey04

Original Poster
Didn't see this posted anywhere else, so here's an article from Business Week that made a lot of good points about why Richard (since it won't let me use the name he more commonly goes by) Cook would make a perfect number 2 for Iger. I hadn't even considered him, but after reading this, it sounds like a great idea, not to mention it would almost assure a new Pixar deal. :D

I just hope its not Tom Staggs or Andy Mooney. I don't think they would create the sort of creative partnership we need. But that's just my two cents.

Robert Iger's First Big Decision

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, not quite sure how that happened. :eek:

MKCP 1985

According to the story, Tom Staggs is a great bean counter and did a great job of keeping the beans in the can when the company went through hard times. In my business, we don't reward that type of effectiveness by promoting the bean counters to the head of the company - we give them more beans of their own. Having bean counters in control is never great over the long haul.

Cook is the anti-Eisner? Good luck to him, then!

KevinPage

DarkMeasures said:
I say Katzenburg should be President.

Katzenburg is just as bad as Eisner. Katz wanted to get rid of animation when he got to the company and then all of a sudden became part of the "rebirth".

Now when he's at Dreamworks, most of their movies are crappy quality, even if they make $$$, most are not considered good films and won't stand the test of time, like anything that Pixar does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom