Why Astro doesn't Orbit (LOL)

xstechbabe

Original Poster
Well Astro Plantes are nto rotating because the motors inside were simly not made for outdoor conditions of Florida... They are plannig a rehab to get tehm moving again. They are in Talks with Paris to see how theirs survive...but then again Florida summer can be crazy with moistre to extream heat.... After Alien opens, Space gets air gates, Timkeeper gets kicked out, I think they will do Astro... Hope that helps!

StevenT

xstechbabe said:
Space gets air gates

What? I don't understand.

I'm going to second Grizz here... Timekeeper?! What?! When?! What's going to become of Carousel of Progress? Where did you learn this? Thanks :D

General Grizz

StevenT said:

I'm going to second Grizz here... Timekeeper?! What?! When?! What's going to become of Carousel of Progress? Where did you learn this? Thanks :D

Ditto. :lookaroun

No pressure, no pressure at all. :lol: :wave:

se8472

Space Mt is getting gates like Rocken does so we don't have to station stop every 5 seconds because 9 out of 10 guest don't see the yellow line on the ground.

I am still not sure if it will be a good thing or not

CubbieMan

StevenT said:

Grrrrr...from the sounds of things this does not bode well for my October Trip...I really hope this information is wrong..my g/f has never been...it would be wonderful for her to experience both these attraction.(esp COP..a walt original)

ToTBellHop

Space really does need air gates...it's dangerous the way it is.

You had to know Timekeeper was leaving...it's closed more than it's open!

phlydude

Thankfully I am going in August and will see both the Timekeeper (1st time) and CoP (2nd time). I plan on video taping them so I can show my kids one day... (actually so I can watch them and think back to what was and try to grasp on to my past instead of embracing the future)

xstechbabe

Original Poster
phlydude said:
Thankfully I am going in August and will see both the Timekeeper (1st time) and CoP (2nd time). I plan on video taping them so I can show my kids one day... (actually so I can watch them and think back to what was and try to grasp on to my past instead of embracing the future)
Just so you know those are 2 attractions that don't allow video taping...

General Grizz

It matters on what your CM says. I've never had a problem taping in CoP, and I have about 10 good recordings. The main problem is external video lighting, something I never use. :)

DarkMeasures

There isn't really a point in closing the CoP. It just has a huge capacity.

But Timekeeper. It has aged very very badly since it closed... It would probably be better for it to be closed forever and replaced by something else. And it does not need to be Circlevision due to the fact that Epcot has 2.

But with the way LED, LCD, and TFT technology are today, I would really like to see a Circlevision that is one giant unbroken screen instead of the 9 different screens.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
xstechbabe said:
Just so you know those are 2 attractions that don't allow video taping...

and just so you know, CM's need to do a better job at monitoring that. Just because it isn't allowed doesn't mean it doesn't happen ;)

phlydude

the one time I was on CoP, I only remember there being a CM at the beginning and the end. Do they sit through the show with the guests?

General Grizz

phlydude said:
the one time I was on CoP, I only remember there being a CM at the beginning and the end. Do they sit through the show with the guests?
No, but they do watch the audience via video camera.

Again, the main reason is lighting. Mosts CMs will allow taping so long as it's not disturbing to the other guests.

talonstruck

I see a pattern here, animation with robin williams in neverland gone, Timekeeper with Robin Williams gone. Did Robin williams vote for no conifidence in Eisner lol. although the bumber car idea sounds neat for the time keeper area
:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom