Why amateurs shouldn't go during spring break then complain about it

UncleMike101

What amazes me is how people can be so ignorant about WDW.
I read a "review" on a travel site where a poster from CA had nothing but contempt and hatred for the Mouse Park.
She said the crowds were "unimaginable".
Well... You're at the single most popular vacation destination on the planet and you're surprised that it's crowded??
She said the heat was "unbearable" and that when it's 82 in FL it feels like 120.
At 82 degrees with 100% humidity it feels like 96. Not 120. (Exaggeration is an art form in CA)
It took them an hour to get from The Swan to Downtown Disney by bus.
No fooling?? That's not too bad on a crowded day..
She complained that they had to walk EVERYWHERE in the parks.
"Sorry Ma am, the rickshaws are out of service for refurb."
She complained about the food prices.
A tiny bit of research tells you the prices are higher than outside of the Parks.
Then she said they should have stayed in CA and visited Disneyland.
Sounds like a good plan to me! The fewer ignorant people that show up at WDW, the better.

fosse76

Once again, people continue to make an assumption that the author did no research or advanced planning, and that lack of planning is what his trip unsatisfactory. The ONLY planning that should ever be required to go to a theme park is deciding to actually go. Disney has turned vacation into work.

That said, as I stated iun my previous post, there is nothing in the article that even remotely hints that there had been no research or planning in advance. Saying something is crowded and the experience of it can be very different. He may not have realised exactly what crowded meant at WDW. And he's writing an article. He said it was crowded. Is he not allowed to voice his opinion? And how do you know he chose to go? This could have been an assignment forced upon him.

I read this article and got the impression that Disney is just not his "cup of tea." And everyone cpmplains about crowds. When you pay what Disney charges, you have every right to complain.

GrammieBee

We found the piece rather amusing. After all it was an opinion piece which was almost certainly exaggerated to some extent.

Whether he did any planning or not, being at WDW for the first time, with two teenagers, for only three days during Spring break does not give a very realistic view of what WDW really has to offer. He will probably never go back. At least not until he has grandchildren.

Kennywood is a nice regional amusement park which has been there for a long time. There are bigger parks in PA that have more coasters and one smaller park which has a nationally ranked coaster.

A final observation. It is a fact of life that the more expensive the hotel or resort, or the more popular the resort area, the less likely they are to have free breakfasts. That is unless you pay extra for some type of package plan. Hampton Inns, which cost less than a moderate Disney hotel, always include a breakfast buffet with both hot and cold items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom