Why amateurs shouldn't go during spring break then complain about it

Launchpad79

This IS a Pittsburgh reporter we're talking about, right? I think we can totally discredit the entire column as soon as you read the words "Pittsburgh Post Gazette". Kennywood? **sigh**

Pocahontas

What he he expect, the Phantom? The Thunderbolt? At Disney?

It's his fault for setting those expectations for Disney without knowing anything about it. He could've at least done his research before going someplace thinking one thing, then being totally outraged when he finds out it wasn't what he thought. So stupid and ignorant.

Launchpad79

Nah. I just figured I would get in a jab at Pittsburgh when I can. ;) He is a reporter though and you'd figure that he would do his research. I've been on plenty of disney sites to know that you never go to disney world during spring break and the week of christmas.

Club Cooloholic

Nah. I just figured I would get in a jab at Pittsburgh when I can. ;) He is a reporter though and you'd figure that he would do his research. I've been on plenty of disney sites to know that you never go to disney world during spring break and the week of christmas.
He is a columnist, not a reporter. Kennywood is great but certainly not disney, but to teenagers yeah it might be more fun
I should write that my time in pittsburgh i so missed a good newspaper

Tom Morrow

I've noticed that people from Pittsburgh talk up Kennywood too much. It's a nice park, nothing special. It certainly can't compete against major coaster parks with it's modest coaster collection.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I always tell people who are planning their first Disney trip, "Do your research! You wouldn't travel to Europe without doing some research and making some plans, right?" This man obviously did no prior research and just doesn't know how to have fun, IMO.

RubyLee

I always tell people who are planning their first Disney trip, "Do your research! You wouldn't travel to Europe without doing some research and making some plans, right?" This man obviously did no prior research and just doesn't know how to have fun, IMO.
So true! A lot of people I work with know I'm a big Disney fan and will come back and complain about things like this article.....it's so frustrating to not say that I TOLD you to research (and usually I've given loads of tips too).

scoobygirl39541

This IS a Pittsburgh reporter we're talking about, right? I think we can totally discredit the entire column as soon as you read the words "Pittsburgh Post Gazette". Kennywood? **sigh**

Ouch. I'm from Pittsburgh and been going to Kennywood my entire life. Nothing wrong with that. However, like Disney World, Kennywood is built on memories and nostalgia. Two totally different experiences and he was absolutely wrong to compare the two!

I was surprised anyone in Pittsburgh could actually write.

ouch x 2 :(

jlsHouston

I dunno. I would hesitate to ever discourage anybody from visiting WDW simply because it will be super crowded/busy/hot. My first trip was 4th of July 2011. Four glorious days of nothing but MK and character dining. I've returned 7 times since then and never at a so called slow period.
And I didn't do any research but a little bit on ALLEars and the Disney web site. My daughter discovered FP (legacy) and she needed no learning curve to utilize it. I on the other hand....was just getting pretty good at the timing of pulling one when they brought in FP+. But still the parks and resorts held magic for us from day one and I always feel really sad for those that visit and leave thinking WDW didn't meet expectations.

disney4life2008

This report parallels the thousands of people complaining on other 'review' websites. It does not bother me in anyway though. I do not understand how someone can go to disneyworld and not plan to the nth degree. Unlike Vegas where you can arrive for a week long stay with no planning (including strip hotel) and have a great time - disney needs planning at least a few weeks out. But as others have said - do not come back. That reduces the wait times. Now if only our south american tour groups will go elsewhere - the world will be great again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom