Who's too chicken to ride RnRC??

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I was just wondering who is too chicken to ride RnRC? I mean going 60 mph upside down in the dark would freak me out. It's looks kinda cool with the blacklights but I've never been on an upside down rollar coaster before let alone one in the dark. Who else out there is chicken????:eek:

NTI2002

My dad used to be. but this past trip we got him on it. it's in the dark, so you dont' really have a sense of how high off the ground you are (if you're afraid of heights) It's really one of the smoothes coasters 've ever ridden. unless you suffer from motion sickness, I think you'll like it. It's almost like you're floating, but traveling really fast while doing it lol.

By the way, my dad ended up loving the ride and literally got right back in line for a second ride. He thinks he's "hot spit" now.

RnRJoe6114

You only actually go 60 mph for a quick moment, through the rest of the ride there are no other acceleration points, that launch keeps you going through the ride. And ithink you should try it atleast once, it won't hurt to do it once. And you never know you are going upside down, and if you do notice it you're back up right in a second.

donvincenzo

The only really thrilling part of it is the takeoff. The rest looks cool while you're going through it, but thrill wise it is relatively tame, IMHO.

Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England is the best. Not the tallest, not the fastest but there is something about it.

dave2822

The ride is visually intimidating more than anything else. In the final queue area, you are brought to an old parking lot-type area, chain fences, the whole nine years. Through the fences, and for the first time, you can see and hear the liftoff and the screaming, into the tunnel. To make matters worse for those who are already thinking about backing out, you get to see the takeoff about 3-4 times before you experience it.

Whether or not it "fits in" with MGM or the area, it's a highly detailed, superb ride, Disney theming at its best.

I'd say at least try it once, because the speed really makes up for the loops and corkscrew.

RnRJoe6114 said:
And you never know you are going upside down, and if you do notice it you're back up right in a second.

Exactly

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
dave2822 said:
I'd say at least try it once, because the speed really makes up for the loops and corkscrew.

I don't know....I think I'll have my husband and his brother ride it first and give me an update...then maybe....;)

Melerella

<-- :wave: Huge chicken...really. And I get motion sickness

But I went on b/c my best friend was there and I promised her I'd try it since it's her favorite ride

My advice: Just scream and it's over like that!

Although, I did get a sore throat after it was over..lololol!

dave2822

ksccar said:
I don't know....I think I'll have my husband and his brother ride it first and give me an update...then maybe....;)

:lol: That works too

And the other thing to remember is that, hey, if it isn't your cup of tea, that's just fine. If you end up doing it, and having a great time, that's terrific! But now, who is to say you didn't have just as much fun on your trip then someone who did ride RnRC? If it isn't important to you, then don't experience it.

I think one of the worst things to observe is a parent dragging a child on a ride, or a bunch of people convincing a straggler that they won't have as much fun as the others. Sure, some support and convincing can be great, but it goes too far sometimes. If you think that you'd be better suited for somethine else, that's perfectly fine. That's why Disney pleases everyone.

homer424

Huge chicken here, too! I went on Space Mountain once and I literally was completely freaked for the rest of the day. I can barely do Dumbo, I get a panic attack because of the height(and my DD relishes this and makes the car go the highest it can :lol: ). I am the friend/family member who holds everything while everyone else rides and I am completely ok with it :D

TurboCaroline

Original Poster
DisneyFreak529 said:
I have done RnRc and ToT. Don't be scaried!

IT'S THE RUSH OF A LIFETIME!!!!

Now one thing I will never do again is ToT. I did it at Grad Nite back in '96 and my friend did it like 4 times and he kept saying "oh it's such a rush". So stupid me believes him. I HATE dropping like that!! It was horrible and that was before they changed it to the random drops. Two drops was plenty for me.
I got a nice souvenir photo of me hanging on for dear life!!

I don't mind little drops like the ones in Splash Mountain(except for the 50' drop)!

heatherhy01

Hi!:wave: I am not a real big fan of roller coasters, normally I am the one waiting for everyone else to come off. My husband did get me on rockin roller coaster on our honeymoon in '99 and I go on it at least twice every trip to Disney. I LOVED IT!!!!!!! So try it at least once, you do not know what your missing.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom