Who's been on soarin?

teacarissa

Original Poster
I really don't like scarey rides can anyone tell me if this is a scarey ride.
Is it anything like Star Wars, to rocky for me!

rainfully

It's not scary at all. You don't even notice you're up in the air because you're transfixed on the screen the whole time. And it is NOT AT ALL jerky. Very smooth.

If anything, Soarin' is relaxing.

At first you might be freaked out, i was but it is awsome!!! plus my mom always says Try something once and you dont have to go on it again if you dont like it!

MickeyMan101

P.S. RIDE IT IT'S COOL!

SirNim

It's a geriatric Star Tours! :lol:

No really, it's a terrific, smooth, relaxing, impressive attraction... :)

dave2822

It's nothing like Star Tours, and it is a must-see at EPCOT.

Like others have said, it is certainly not scary either. Make sure to do it.

lawyergirl77

Put it this way - my mom got incredibly sick on Star Tours, can't do any of the raft rides at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon to say nothing of any of the other thrill rides...

... and she LOVES LOVES LOVES Soarin'! So don't be nervous - you'll be fine!

HinunterZuNich

Soarin is a ride for EVERYONE! The only reason people may not ride the first time is because they expect it to be a Mission Space type thrill ride.

In reality it's a family adventure that makes you really feel like you are flying around the state of California!

It's such a relaxing ride, just thinking of it makes me smile.

Nion4

don't go on the ride if you are afraid of heights.

You are only sitting on a nylon seat with your feet dangling over the edge (the ground will be up to several stories below you).

you are only strapped in with a seat belt, no over the shoulder harness.

I personally don't find the attraction relaxing knowing i could at any time slip out from under my seatbelt to my concrete grave below.

Have fun!
:drevil:

Captain Hank

Nion4 said:
don't go on the ride if you are afraid of heights.

You are only sitting on a nylon seat with your feet dangling over the edge (the ground will be up to several stories below you).

you are only strapped in with a seat belt, no over the shoulder harness.

I personally don't find the attraction relaxing knowing i could at any time slip out from under my seatbelt to my concrete grave below.

Have fun!
:drevil:
That's...depressing.

Seriously though, Soarin' is extremely smooth and not scary at all.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You'd probably not land on concrete - you'd either land on that wire guard railing before the screen or the screen itself and the metal work that supports it. Either way, you'd gain enough speed falling to probably be fatally impaled or sever atleast a limb or two.

Nion4

mousermerf said:
You'd probably not land on concrete - you'd either land on that wire guard railing before the screen or the screen itself and the metal work that supports it. Either way, you'd gain enough speed falling to probably be fatally impaled or sever atleast a limb or two.

Yah, can you imagine the 'rug burn' from sliding down the 10 story screen first before you slide into the railing or speakers?

Ouch.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've ridden Soarin in DCA and in Epcot over 100 times, and I love it.

Yet I LOATHE Star Tours.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Nion4 said:
Yah, can you imagine the 'rug burn' from sliding down the 10 story screen first before you slide into the railing or speakers?

Ouch.

I'm assuming you'd go through it - not slide. Kinda hollow-like with the screen stetched over the metal frame. However, massive metal grid supporting it, so I assume that'd kill ya.

dolbyman

yeap .. soarin is superb .. my aunt is afraid of heights and speeds .. but she had a lot of fun :lol: (chck out the 3D audio file of soarin' on Disney-Central for detailed emotions) :lol:

rainfully

dolbyman said:
yeap .. soarin is superb .. my aunt is afraid of heights and speeds .. but she had a lot of fun :lol: (chck out the 3D audio file of soarin' on Disney-Central for detailed emotions) :lol:

After reading that I immediately went and grabbed it! I got all misty eyed... :eek:

Magic Maker

Definately check it out, I have a fear of everything, but I love this ride. I do not ride any thrill rides at all, but this is a great ride.

righttrack

The feet dangeling aspect may be unnerving to some, but the seatbelt is quite a good restraint. I would expect this to be updated to include a 3 way restraint (center loop through which the seatbelt fits). That may have made the ride difficult for larger people to ride, however. Its still pretty difficult to slip through a seatbelt especially when most of your weight is towards the back/bottom of the seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom