Who's Been in February Before?

doc_holiday3500

My wife is starting a new job which we will have alot more freedom in terms of holiday time so we have decided to plan a trip to Disney World probably in February. I went to the "Mouse Savers" website ad they list the first half of Feb 06 as value season. Any input of what WDW is like in February would be greatly appreciated, we went last Sept and loved the quieter crowds but were still able to enjoy the warm weather. I've read average tempatures etc. but it's still nice to hear from someone who's been there.

Thanks for all the info.

thumbie123

We usually go right after Thanksgiving into the first part of December, but because our trip was cut short in Nov/Dec '04 due to our airlines going bankrupt, we used the refund money from the credit card company to go in February of this year. The weather was great - low to mid 70s and sunshine, but the crowds were a little bit more than what they are in November/early December. DEFINITELY a lot better than the summer months, though!:animwink:

Upvote 0

wdwcp2000

February is a nice time of year to visit. As most people said - weather can be unpredictable and sometime with the shorter hours things get canceled. I missed out on the 9pm Hoop Dee Doo. On the flip side, you can always do something special for Valentine's Day. My then boyfriend and I went and ate at France and timed the fireworks perfectly.

My TRUE favorite time of year to visit (and it is value season too) is the week right after labor day in Sept. The weather is perfect (not too hot not too cold) and very few crowds. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

nmj91385

We were there 3 years ago over presidents week and what a nightmare! It was extremely hot and the lines were way long. Of course we are use to going in early december when there is no such thing as lines, so maybe they weren't all that bad. :drevil:

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak529

I went with my husband & his family before we got married in Feb 2003. It was a great time. It wasn't to busy, the only thing is "Great Movie Ride" was closed for a redo. One of the CM's told me that it's a great time to come but there is a change that one of your favorites will be closed because it's a great time for them to do it.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

SnowWhite5669 said:
I can't wait until we move in a few years and it's just frost warnings instead of blizzards! The only blizzard I want to see is Blizzard Beach!! :lol: I'll trade you a week in Florida for a week in Rhode Island anytime you want.
I couldn't agree more! After last winter in RI, I'm ready to get out of here!

Seriously, we go every February now during school vacation week, and we've experienced all types of weather. We just pack clothes that can be layered, and it really works out well.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

Feb is a great time to go. There are not many people in the parks as long as you stay away from president's week.
The weather is unprectible. When I've been there it has been hot one day and cold the next. It is usually pretty cool at night but if you are coming from the north like me, it feels pretty warm since it was like 10 degrees for the month before I left.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom