• Miyazaki's Spirited Away (Disney)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Treasure Planet (Disney)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

pheneix

Spirited Away is a Japanese arthouse flick that Disney bought the rights to as kind of an "image" thing to appease some critics in Hollywood (remember Koko's Delivery Service?). They quickly buried the film at the first chance they had.

I've got a feeling that Ice Age will take home the Animation Oscar. The same Oscar politics that helped get Shrek the win last year (although I don't think Shrek needed any help to get the win, it truly was the best animated film released last year) are probably going to be in full force this year, and to be honest, Ice Age is the only non-Disney film listed that didn't suck.

MerHearted

Original Poster
Nothing's been nominated yet. I just listed the major ones from the last year.

Spirited Away was a hugely critically acclaimed anime film from Japan that Disney distributed here. I think if it's put up for consideration, no American film stands a chance against it. The critics simply adored this movie.

Brett

I believe that Lilo and Stitch deserves it, it simply was the best animated movie. But Ice Age will get a strong following and probably take the Oscar home. :(

SirNim

Lilo + Stitch. The best film out of all of those (that I saw!) :animwink: ;).
Critics loved L+S too, I think, though....
:)

imagineer boy

Originally posted by MicBat
I'm hoping "Spirit" doesn't even get nominated! It was horrible! The music was good, though!

I agree. It sucked. Ice age does have a chance to win if it's nomiated. The animation wasn't too detailed or real looking like Shrek, but it was funny though. Lilo and Sitch does deserve the OScar, but I'm still ticked off about the Alien Encouter rehab with Stitch thing.

MKCustodial

Well, Vince, I'm impressed! You really hit the nail on the head, all those movies you put on the pole got nominations, and only those! :sohappy: :sohappy:

MerHearted

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, Vince, I'm impressed! You really hit the nail on the head, all those movies you put on the pole got nominations, and only those! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Hey, when you got it... you got it! LOL :lol:

(I mean, come on, what other movies could be nominated? Eight Crazy Nights? Powerpuff Girls? Hey Arnold? Wild Thornberries? )

MKCustodial

Originally posted by MerHearted
Hey, when you got it... you got it! LOL :lol:

(I mean, come on, what other movies could be nominated? Eight Crazy Nights? Powerpuff Girls? Hey Arnold? Wild Thornberries? )

I liked the Powerpuff Girls movie... :lookaroun

TURKEY

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Good grief. The critics and those people always nominate about every animated film of the year.

I'm pretty sure that last year was the first year for the animated Oscar and there were only 3 films nominated, but I could be wrong.

I don't see what the problem is with nominating 5 films, just like all the other Oscar categories.

NowInc

Out of the OFFICIAL nominations::

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
ICE AGE
LILO & STITCH
SPIRIT: STALLION OF THE CIMARRON
SPIRITED AWAY
TREASURE PLANET

....sad to say..as much as I hated it..hollywood has a habit of bowing to the alter of Speilburg (god forbid he doesnt win an oscar..the world would come to a screaming halt)..so Spirit will take it. Which..as many will agree...is the WORST movie on this entire list.

...also...bit of interesting news...there is STILL ongoing debates over how shrek should not have won last year over monsters inc (same reason i stated above)....

....and if anyone cares::

VISUAL EFFECTS
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS
SPIDER-MAN
STAR WARS EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES

...expect lord of the rings to win this one..gollum is a million times more impressive than yoda.....but i wonder why harry potter was left out this year...sad.

james4023464

I think Lilo and Stitch will take it, I've seen all of these films except Spirited Away wich looks decent. I think all of thes movies are good except Spirit, it was horrible I almost fell asleep the movie had great potential but the horses didn't talk how boring can you get. Lilo was great and the critics adored it. Lilo should snatch the Gem:D

Lhriangel

Okay .. I hope that Lilo and Stitch gets it but Dan was right last year so we'll see what happens.

I have a feeling some people will be MAD though if Spirit wins over everything else....

Also ... it's upseting that Harry Potter didn't get a Special Effects nomination.. I mean.. it was amazing as well...

And since Dan knows my opinion of Shrek winning last year I'll spare everyone's ears.. (it was NOT the better movie!!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom