Who wants to be a Mllionaire experiences

Epcot is my fav

I got to the 250,000 question..........i had to walk away.......then 4 days later i was playing for fun and i got on again but had to decline to go on:cry: oh well cant wait to go in the summer again so i can dominate

mandib

I've been on twice! Missed the 32,000 point both times! O well. I'm only 14 I still have a lot of years to get smarter! lol :)

Brett

I've made it to the 125,000 point question and shanked quite hard. As much as I'm not a fan of the show at all, I love the attraction. It's great to be on vacation and do something that makes you think. Plus, all those years of video games give me crazy mad speed on the fastest fingers :cool:

Nansafan

I didn't make it but my bro did. He was up to 125,000 question and only had the "ask a total stranger" lifeline left. It was a political question and the "total stranger" was from the UK and apologized and said she really had no clue as to the answer. She made a guess, my bro opted to a different answer and you guessed it, her answer was correct. He dropped down to 32,000. All in all, a very cool experience. We can't wait to try again. Look for use 6/14-6/22/03.

Nansafan

The prizes are pins and a lanyard for each point value. At 1,000 points, you get a baseball cap that says 1,000 and at 32,000 a polo shirt. When Regis was still on the TV version, there was a hokey introduction with Regis. The 1,000,000 point winner would win a trip to New York to see a taping of the show. Now the big winner wins a Disney Cruise line vacation.

DisneyWorld30th

I was visiting MGM in November 2002. I was at the Who Wants to be a Millionare show where a person was at the 1 million dollar question and blew it. He was brought down to 32,000. He was the first person to get this far on the new prize schedule. He was so close.

I believe this is how the prizes go:

Every question passed is a pin.

10,000 - 5 pin set, Hat

32,000 - 10 pin set, Hat, Polo Shirt

1,000,000 - 15 pin set, Hat, Polo Shirt, 4 Day cruise for four people on the Disney Cruise Line.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sounds like loads of fun!! I will have to try it. My luck, they will ask what Walts last name was and I will choke!:lol:

WDWSwashbuckler

I got to the 1st place spot and the show ended. I was in a wheelchair and I think they kinda felt bad for me or something, so they game me some pins. I didn't think they were allowed to do that, but hey, I'm not complaining! :lol:

DCA Fan

You guys are so lucky! I've consistantly made the top 10 board, usually in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, but I've never made it into the hotseat. I'm convinced that the computer hates me.

Experiment627

Sad as it might sound, I was so looking forward to Who Wants to be a MIllionaire that as soon as my wife and I got to MGM, we made a beeline for the Fastpasses. I was kind of being obnoxious and cocky, making stupid comments to her like "I hope the rest of audience isn't mad when I make it to the hot seat and take up so much time going all the way...." :) When they showed the top 10 list after the first person reached the first milestone, I was in 3rd. She missed soon after that, and as they were showing the top 10 again, when I didn't see my number yet, I just knew that I would get my chance in the hot seat. By the time that they actually put my number on the screen, I was already halfway out of my seat. :)

I did alright, not nearly as well as I should have considering how cocky I was though. :) I made it up to the 32,000 point question. I had used two of my lifelines on questions that, in retrospect, were pretty easy. Yeah, it is a cop out, but it is true that you don't want to look stupid by missing an easy question. I'll never forget the 32,000 point question: "Besides Michael J. Fox, who was the only other actor to win the Emmy for Best Actor three times in a row?" I just KNEW that it was Kelsey Grammer and by the audience's response, they agreed with me. The hostess seemed excited too and as the answer came up.....it was Carrol O'Conner. So too this day, I curse Frasier whenever I see him. :) Still, I was happy with my hat and pins, but most of all, with the experience. Someone else here mentioned that Disney should sell videos of your time in the Hot Seat. It probably wouldn't be that hard for them to do and I certainly would have paid just about anything for one.

For those of you who have never been fortunate enough to have this experience, here's a tip. The amount of time it takes you to put your anwser in is crucial to determining your score. As soon as you see the correct answer, start hammering on the answer button as fast as you can. That way, you will be buzzed in with the correct answer as soon as they unlock the buttons.

Mission: SPACE

I've personally been in the chair... I mean the hot seat... three times. It's always been routine of me to say, "Well, it's time to go and get my trip to New York City (or now, my cruise...)!!!" My first time I made it to 250,000, and decided to guess. The next time I was up to my 500,000 point question, and in a stupid last-second decision, I decided to take a chance, go out and guess again. WRONG... My third time, I got to 500,000... and once again decided to guess. You know, next time I'm going to make myself stop. Maybe I should write on the palm of my hand, "Note to self:STOP IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT!!!"

And now at this point, they all know me!!! That shows that something's wrong... Best host: Brian for techniques, Olja for laughs...

My tip... Practice with a button before. I know it sounds lame, but before you go, if you limber up your muscles, it really helps to speed it up and get 'muscle memory' in action. I also move my thumbs around before the show starts, but I don't press the buttons. If I did, the newcomers would know our little secret... (once you see it, don't stop pushing)

Kenan

The highest I have ever been is 2nd place. Even if I got first, I would have to decline cause Im a CM. But Millionaire is SOO much fun! I play it everytime im there. My fingers hurt after the game is over. haha.

MichBiv

Ohhh wish me luck.... my first time ever will be in a month!!:sohappy: Going to the attraction I mean, but hopefully the hotseat!!!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom