Who wants to be a millionaire!

MKBurn15

Re: A lot of fun

Originally posted by paperboy
The pre-show film with Regis is no longer being shown, by the way.
Really? Hoooray!
Is anyone here a teenager or younger who has made it to the hotseat?

Epcot is my fav

I made it to the half million question when i was 18!!!!!!! it was so much fun

Actaully someone posted earlier that the stage is a replica....it is not...the real stage only fits about 200 people where the MGM fits abou 500.....because i just was at the taping of Super Millionaire and the stage was tiny.....:D

webmomom

Originally posted by MKBurn15
Oh, it's been 2 years since I've been. What lifelines do you get if any?

You get 3 lifelines.

1. 50/50
2. Ask the audience
3. Ask a total stranger
They have a phone outside and if you pick ask a total stanger they will have stopped someone and you ask that person. When I have been there and this has been asked it was about 50/50 that the people knew the correct answer.:) :) :( :) :(

MKBurn15

Originally posted by webmomom
You get 3 lifelines.

1. 50/50
2. Ask the audience
3. Ask a total stranger
They have a phone outside and if you pick ask a total stanger they will have stopped someone and you ask that person. When I have been there and this has been asked it was about 50/50 that the people knew the correct answer.:) :) :( :) :(
:lol: That's the one I couldn't remember! Phone a Stranger. I was thinking it would be weird to phone your friend.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I made it to the hotseat on the last day of our last trip there, after trying for 2 weeks.

I did make it to 16,000 and then blew it.

Who knew the Taj Mahal was a mosoleum.

Funny part is that they asked what song Captain Nemo played on his organ in 20k, and when I said "sonnata in C" the whole audience groaned because they thought it was "sailing".

Made me look smart for a few minutes. :)

However, I did still get the hat and a bunch of pins.

Bill

Account Suspended
My best friend made it to 32,000, so ha! :lol:

I was there. He was so happy. He guessed at 125,000 and was wrong. So he left with 32,000. Oh well. :D

MKBurn15

Originally posted by Fievel
I made it to the hotseat on the last day of our last trip there, after trying for 2 weeks.

I did make it to 16,000 and then blew it.

Who knew the Taj Mahal was a mosoleum.
Who knows what a mosoleum is?
With a word that big, it's bound to be a building like the Taj Mahal.

Nansafan

Christmas trip 2002 (39) my brother made it to the hotseat and got to the 125,000 question. He used his final lifeline, phone a stranger. It was a question about US Senators, brother didn't know and the stranger was from the UK and didn't know either. Stranger guessed correctly, brother picked different answer so he was dropped to 32,000. All in all, a cool experience. Summer of 2003, my 12 yr old neice made it to hot seat and made it to 1,000 points.

paperboy

Strangers

Speaking of phoning a complete stranger, I've been one as well. Just sit outside the studio while the show is running. The CM will get the call from inside and hand you the phone. I happened to get some question about Rosie O'Donnell's first TV show. Since I'm not a fan of hers, I didn't even have a guess. I felt bad for the contestant, but oh well. You get a button that says "I was a Complete Stranger" with the Millionaire logo. Nice addition to the 10-pin set!

Next time I'm in the hot seat, I'm going to ask whoever I'm with to sit outside. That way, it becomes a true phone-a-friend lifeline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom