Who should voice Figment in a new version of JII?

Who should voice Figment in a new version of JII?

• Bill Barty (archive audio)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Dave Golez

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Someone else (reply below)

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Cmdr_Crimson

TBH, I really hope Disney takes notice of how successful the Spyro Reignited Trilogy turns out. Perhaps the notion will finally pop into their head: “Woah.. wait a minute.. purple dragons are still really popular and relevant these days? Hey, we’ve got a far more likable, beloved purple dragon character also.... maybe we ought to give Journey Into Imagination the exact same treatment the Spyro trilogy got. Clearly, going back to the original formula redone with technology and effect upgrades worked in their case, perhaps that’ll also work for us. View attachment 325809
PS: I’m shocked Disney didn’t sue Insomniac for basically copying Figment’s character design when the game was released.. lol! It’s literally like they just combined Sonic & Figment together and called it a new character. 😂 Oh well. Then again, the 1st game was released exactly one month before the original ride closed.. so perhaps Disney just didn’t care at that point. Who knows... but it certainly wouldnt surprise me if Spyro’s character design and color palette was inspired by Figment in any way.
And the Movie from Warner Bros. Quest For Camelot came out in 1998 and had a two headed Dragon and one head was voiced by Eric Idle that suspisciously looked like him as well...
tumblr_oow94tnfyo1sc66ujo1_500.gif

CjZE.gif

TwilightZone

I was hoping this annoying dragon would go the way of the Dodo in the re-imaging of Epcot. I will never understand why people wet themselves over Figment. He is the icon of the worst attraction and biggest waste of space at WDW. That some worship him as some sacred symbol is beyond me. o_O
You have never seen the original imagination, haven't you?

Inspired Figment

Considering I wasn't alive then, the answer is no. But I hear it was actually inspiring and worth waiting for.
Well *that* certainly explains a lot. Isn’t it funny how the only people that don’t like Figment are people that *haven’t* seen the drastically different, far superior original version? Just goes to show you how poorly written and thought out the current attraction is. I’ve written about my issues with the current attraction a few times in these forums, including this thread. The story, the charactization of Figment, the utilization of the attraction space, there are so many issues with the current attraction it’d be too hard to explain everything in one post. But I’d recommend you read my previous posts. Especially considering they’re coming from a huge Figment fan. Most fans aren’t happy with the glorified Honey, I Shrunk the Audience mess it is now, including the creator of the original attraction, Tony Baxter.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom