who rode EE lets talk

RAY M N.J.

Original Poster
ok went on it 6 times my first SPOILER ALERT ......... on my first couple rides ther was the yeti lit up with light on him the i went back a week later & there was a strobe light on him ,,,,,,,comments anyone catch this change i didnt like the strobe light and i think this is the way its going to stay . all i can say is dont blink cause you now only get a quick glimpse of the yetti its a sham cause you dont get to enjoy the real looking yeti cause its strobe light fast , when i saw him with lights on him in action i was in awe! my son said the same thing what happend dad he said the stinks we barely saw him at all in strobe light,SPOILER ALERT....... and in steady light his arm comes down to grab you and you see the fur it looks awsome and scary affect , verse the strobe light you cant see a darn thing just a flash of his face you pick up >:confused:

peter11435

The storbe lights is not how it will stay. When the Yeti is not working they have a bcakup lighiting system that essentially just uses strobe lights on the Yeti. This way makes it very hard to tell that the Yeti is not moving. In other words when you saw the strobe lights the Yewti was not working.

CTXRover

As mentioned above, you saw the "B show". Because of the complexity of the Yeti AA, he's bound to have a few bad days where he will just stop working. Instead of closing the ride completely when this happens and not letting people ride EE until it gets fixed (which would mean a lot of unhappy guests and a lot of complaints), the Imagineers developed a secondary show where the lighting in the cave is turned off and they use a strobe light on the Yeti and fans to blow his hair to make it look like he's moving.

Hopefully when the ride officially opens this will rarely be used. Since EE doesn't officially open until April 7th, they still have a month and a half to continue working on the figure. I can only hope that the "B show" really is only used after it officially opens in situations where the figure goes 101 during the day OR when it requires maintenance work that cannot be done over one night. It better not become an excuse not to readily fix the Yeti AA. That would be disappointing, but I do think its pretty neat that they developed a back-up plan for when the figure goes down.

Anybody know how long the Yeti has been down now? From the sounds of it, it seems like more and more people are starting to see this B show. Is there something really wrong with the Yeti or are they simply just working on it?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We rode it with both presentations of the Yeti, but we saw the "B show" first. As a result, we were very impressed with the ride the first ten rides [seeing "B"] and then were absolutely blown away when we rode the next eight with the "A show"! I think the "B show" is a very good substitute in the sense that it is giving you the Yeti during the ride, if you haven't seen the "A show", you'll be happy with the experience. In a perfect world, everyone would see the "A show", but if a new rider sees the "B show", they still have something that is impressive.

Multiple rides is going to mean a level of disappointment when you go back and forth between the two shows. I take the approach that I know what "A" is like, if I get "B", I recognise that people who've never seen "A" will like it [and I can still vividly remember "A" anyway].

RAY M N.J.

Original Poster
THANKS FOR THE ANSWER, But yes once again the a show realy lets you appreciate the yeti in full moving effect, its just awsome huge and feels as if its going to grab you the fur is blowing in the wind what a sight to see! Yes I also agree with the person that said i HOPE! its doesnt sray the B show!

Merlin

Account Suspended
MontyMon said:
We rode it with both presentations of the Yeti, but we saw the "B show" first. As a result, we were very impressed with the ride the first ten rides [seeing "B"] and then were absolutely blown away when we rode the next eight with the "A show"! I think the "B show" is a very good substitute in the sense that it is giving you the Yeti during the ride, if you haven't seen the "A show", you'll be happy with the experience. In a perfect world, everyone would see the "A show", but if a new rider sees the "B show", they still have something that is impressive.

Multiple rides is going to mean a level of disappointment when you go back and forth between the two shows. I take the approach that I know what "A" is like, if I get "B", I recognise that people who've never seen "A" will like it [and I can still vividly remember "A" anyway].

I heard a lot of people say that even the "A" show is a bit of a letdown, because there's been this huge buildup about an "encounter with the Yeti" and you really just go whizzing by him and catch a quick glimpse.

RAY M N.J.

Original Poster
yes i will also agree the yeti A show is fast my 2 out of 3 kids said what where i missed him, i agreed way to fast ,no time to see yeti, or i should say not enough time its quick dont blink.

Merlin

Account Suspended
RAY M N.J. said:
yes i will also agree the yeti A show is fast my 2 out of 3 kids said what where i missed him, i agreed way to fast ,no time to see yeti, or i should say not enough time its quick dont blink.

It amazes me that Disney built the attraction this way. How could they possibly not have known that people are going to feel let down and ripped off by only getting a brief glimpse of the Yeti? And if the videos are a true indication, that projection that you see of the Yeti is just a joke. No one (aside from hardcore Disney fans who will accept ANYTHING Disney gives them) are going to take that part of the ride seriously. I think people are going to make fun of it.

bhg469

Merlin said:
It amazes me that Disney built the attraction this way. How could they possibly not have known that people are going to feel let down and ripped off by only getting a brief glimpse of the Yeti? And if the videos are a true indication, that projection that you see of the Yeti is just a joke. No one (aside from hardcore Disney fans who will accept ANYTHING Disney gives them) are going to take that part of the ride seriously. I think people are going to make fun of it.

I agree, the projection reminds me of an old black and white cartoon, everytime i see it i wait for steamboat willie to play after. The yeti looks fantastic, why not let people seee it more than once?

Merlin

Account Suspended
bhg469 said:
I agree, the projection reminds me of an old black and white cartoon, everytime i see it i wait for steamboat willie to play after. The yeti looks fantastic, why not let people seee it more than once?

:lol: :lol: Great description!! That captures if beautifully! I think one of the problems I have with that silly projection is that I don't think an animal that large would really be that fluid in it's movements. So it comes across as looking cartoonish as opposed to really making you believe that you're looking at a shadow of an actual animal. And then when you see the AA and the fluidity of the AA is incredibly less than the projection, it just makes the projection look all the more laughable.

RAY M N.J.

Original Poster
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT black and white yeti '''''''''SPOILER ALERT''''''''''''''''' thats before you see the real yeti theres a shadow film on the wall then you see the real deal yeti its big its freaky its well done BUT:mad: its way way to fast ,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes i walked away saying that was it? but i liked it just want more yeti sighting time, when i tell you its a speed fly by flash off him im not kidding and you must look up at the same time to focus your eye on him so do all this in a sppedy second flying by?

peter11435

RAY M N.J. said:
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT black and white yeti '''''''''SPOILER ALERT''''''''''''''''' thats before you see the real yeti theres a shadow film on the wall then you see the real deal yeti its big its freaky its well done BUT:mad: its way way to fast ,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes i walked away saying that was it? but i liked it just want more yeti sighting time, when i tell you its a speed fly by flash off him im not kidding and you must look up at the same time to focus your eye on him so do all this in a sppedy second flying by?
Remember the stobe light effect is only used whn the Yeti is not working. He was working today and had the full lighting package.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Merlin said:
:lol: :lol: Great description!! That captures if beautifully! I think one of the problems I have with that silly projection is that I don't think an animal that large would really be that fluid in it's movements. So it comes across as looking cartoonish as opposed to really making you believe that you're looking at a shadow of an actual animal. And then when you see the AA and the fluidity of the AA is incredibly less than the projection, it just makes the projection look all the more laughable.

I didn't think the projection was "silly" at all! I enjoyed it. I think they do a very good job of building you up for the encounter with the AA at the end. Starting off with torn up track, ominous LARGE claw marks in the snow and a distant roar, building with the projection which "shows" the Yeti without actually seeing it [BTW, any animal of any size is going to be accustomed to its own size and likely very fluid in its movements - even a lumbering elephant is fluid in its movement], showing the the Yeti is really not pleased with these tracks going through its mountain and finishing with a direct view of a very irate Yeti taking a swipe at you. I think the timing and impact of each of these stages are very well done.

A longer exposure to the Yeti at the last scene wouldn't make any sense. It would be hanging over you showing how upset the Yeti is but not attacking? You'd be complaining that the Yeti doesn't do enough and how unrealistic it is. If you saw it longer, it would see you longer and logically would actually attack you. Since they can't [and wouldn't want to] actually attack paying customers, it is perfect the way it is. The only people who are going to miss it have their eyes closed through the whole ride and aren't likely to open them at that point.

DisneyDellsDude

I believe that they were also going for the 'real effect'.
People that have supposedly seen the yeti have mainly just seen a glimpse of it. Just like ghosts, or the Lock Ness monster, the yeti could be real, or fake. They wanted you to leave the ride still thinking if you really saw the yeti, or was it your imagination?. This also makes you want to ride the ride again.

Neverwhere

I didn't think that the projection was cheesy at all. I liked it and thought it was well done. I didn't hear anyone making fun of it. It was a nice touch.

I only got to ride once last weekend. I loved it. I honestly can't recall if there was a strobe light on the Yeti when I rode, I was just in awe of how cool he was. But I agree, I wish we could see more of him. Maybe if they could "pause" the train there for a moment while he moves?

jaredliu

The Yeti encounter scene is just too short to feel satisfied. You almost feel that the Yeti didn't fit in the ride itself. It looks like two seperate parts: AA figure and coaster. I have to say as a themed coaster its pretty damn good. The grand size and the mountain surrounding is Disney at its best. But I have to say that there won't be much different without the Yeti AA figure.

RAY M N.J.

Original Poster
were all making very good points my only request is to see the real yeti in full light for just a tiny bit longer , hey we just all want to get a good look at the yeti.

Merlin

Account Suspended
MontyMon said:
I didn't think the projection was "silly" at all! I enjoyed it. I think they do a very good job of building you up for the encounter with the AA at the end. Starting off with torn up track, ominous LARGE claw marks in the snow and a distant roar, building with the projection which "shows" the Yeti without actually seeing it [BTW, any animal of any size is going to be accustomed to its own size and likely very fluid in its movements - even a lumbering elephant is fluid in its movement], showing the the Yeti is really not pleased with these tracks going through its mountain and finishing with a direct view of a very irate Yeti taking a swipe at you. I think the timing and impact of each of these stages are very well done.

A longer exposure to the Yeti at the last scene wouldn't make any sense. It would be hanging over you showing how upset the Yeti is but not attacking? You'd be complaining that the Yeti doesn't do enough and how unrealistic it is. If you saw it longer, it would see you longer and logically would actually attack you. Since they can't [and wouldn't want to] actually attack paying customers, it is perfect the way it is. The only people who are going to miss it have their eyes closed through the whole ride and aren't likely to open them at that point.

It seems kind of a narrow view to suggest that the only way it makes sense to show the Yeti is if they show him attacking you. Why wouldn't it make sense to just have him standing there growling angrily at you? In fact, I would think that would make MORE sense. Most wild animals don't generally attack as their first choice of action. Most instinctively will try to frighten an intruder away first. Also, if the AA really is as sophisticated as we've all been hearing, why not show it for longer in order to showcase that?

As far as your comment that even an elephant would be fluid in it's movements, that's simply not true. An animal that size would not pounce onto the tracks like that and move that quickly. The Yeti, as seen in the projection, totally moves like a cartoon. The Yeti, as seen in AA form, moves like an AA....at least from what we can tell. Disney doesn't really let us see it long enough to make a true assessment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom