Who replaces Chapek?

cytkory

Original Poster
Let me put a hypothetical out there:

With all the drama with Bob Chapek and all the infighting going on behind the scenes, he could get the boot sooner rather later. In this case, Bob Iger will still retire, but will step back in for the Interim. Let's take Josh D'Amaro out of the running because I personally believe he should stay in the Parks division rather than take over the whole company.

With all that being said, who do you think would be QUALIFIED to take over for Bob Chapek?

Last edited:

cytkory

Original Poster
In terms of CURRENT executives, here are a few options:

Rebecca Campbell, Peter Rice, James Pitaro, Kareem Daniel, Alan Bergman.

Robbiem

Anyone with an background in entertainment, rather than a merchandising man.

I agree, I suspect the next leader(s) will be someone from the Hollywood system, maybe a senior executive from another studio along the lines of a 21st century version of the Eisner / Wells partnership. The current regime have basically purged the company of anyone who would be a good contender and I honestly think its good to shake things up every so often bringing in fresh talent to avoid complacency and hubris

SweetDuffy101

Looks like Bob Chapek is on A roll lately with Shang-chi Asian Lead Simu Liu Calling out the CEO calling the Movie an "experiment".
I know that they were talking about box office numbers, But If it is a First Asian Marvel Lead Movie and you call an "Experiment" it is not going sound good.

jpinkc

Does it have to be a human my dog would be a better choice than Slappie. I think a breath of Fresh Air would be nice. Brian Henson, Spielberg, Hell at this point I would take Eisner back if he could find another Wells to work with him. Someone who understand the Creative process and loves what TWDC used to stand for. Hell George Lucas was a huge Disney fan.

Mmoore29

Bergman as CEO, and Meryl Poster as Studio Chair with the triumphant return of Dick Cook as right-hand and co-chair. Give someone like Amy Pascal a seat the table as well, along with her producer's shingle. To fill the "Wells" position, a definite outsider, but also have Iger, and even Eisner, as part-time advisors a la the way Steve Jobs originally returned to Apple when Gil Amelio made the deal to buy NeXT.

Chapek will be around for a few years still…but I think it will be Peter Rice. It would be interesting if he became the CEO. Would echo Iger who became CEO after coming over from ABC/Capital Cities. Rice has run the best television production unit over the last 10 years in fox.

Robbiem

Does it have to be a human my dog would be a better choice than Slappie. I think a breath of Fresh Air would be nice. Brian Henson, Spielberg, Hell at this point I would take Eisner back if he could find another Wells to work with him. Someone who understand the Creative process and loves what TWDC used to stand for. Hell George Lucas was a huge Disney fan.
I actually think Geo Lucas would have been a good choice back in the day. He can balance the creative with the more business side of things especially if he was paired with a more numbers person

DanielBB8

No one else will replace Chapek because he’s the most qualified. Iger personally picked Chapek. The shareholders like Chapek. The only ones who don’t are the Hollywood talent that are crying over million dollar payouts. Unless the shareholders are that stupid to force Chapek to give away millions of unearned revenue to spoiled actors, they won’t stop the fix to the trainwreck that Iger caused. That’s why Iger retired so abruptly. Iger’s sudden retirement was genuinely caused from his haste with buying overpriced Fox, his investments and kowtowing in China, the Star Wars sequel trilogy debacle, and Marvel Phase 4 that will all lose money under Iger’s watch. Chapek is the fixer.

Heppenheimer

Looks like Bob Chapek is on A roll lately with Shang-chi Asian Lead Simu Liu Calling out the CEO calling the Movie an "experiment".
I know that they were talking about box office numbers, But If it is a First Asian Marvel Lead Movie and you call an "Experiment" it is not going sound good.
I'm loathe to defend Chapek, but his quote was taken completely out of context. He was answering a question at a shareholder meeting referring specifically to how the pandemic has forced the company to change its release strategy for films that were already in the pipeline. This "controversy" was the equivalent of what the Simpsons foresaw two decades ago:

Magic Crush Drop

Let me put a hypothetical out there:

With all the drama with Bob Chapek and all the infighting going on behind the scenes, he could get the boot sooner rather later. In this case, Bob Iger will still retire, but will step back in for the Interim. Let's take Josh D'Amaro out of the running because I personally believe he should stay in the Parks division rather than take over the whole company.

With all that being said, who do you think would be QUALIFIED to take over for Bob Chapek?
Tom Staggs if they can. I mean he was in the running before.

cheezbat

Just about anybody would be better than Chapek right now. The guy was looked down by the fandom long before Iger quit…and here all our fears are being realized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom