Who makes the Magic Bands?

Tonka's Skipper

Just Google anything you want and you will be surprised how much you can find made in the USA.............and often at very good prices.

Remember, the job you safe maybe your own!

AKK

Fordlover

Well as they are likely form China, you have to wonder what poisons are in the materials used and what possible bugging stuff it there as well!

We as I nation need to start saying no to china imports.

AKK
Nearly everything found in the Disney parks for sale is made in Mainland China. The only real exceptions being Food, at least for now...

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
FYI, Magic Bands were designed in the USA, Assembled in China. I'm pretty sure we'll find the ones who created the Magic Bands to be a US company.

Tonka's Skipper

FYI, Magic Bands were designed in the USA, Assembled in China. I'm pretty sure we'll find the ones who created the Magic Bands to be a US company

I always find this interesting, a few designer people design a new product and then ship the important and needed here manufacturing and assembly jobs to China.

Later they find that the Chinese government agents have stolen the technology, set up their own plant and US company cries about it!:eek:

It happens time and time again.

AKK

ezralou

You will likely be very disappointed.

Ah, wdwTragic strikes again! ;)

OK, I'll bite. What about your experience did you find disappointing? I plan on keeping an open mind to see how they work for our family; booking fastpass+s was a bit tedious as the website is slow. Otherwise, independent of MagicBands I am getting pumped and jacked for our trip!

Admiral01

Premium Member
Ah, wdwTragic strikes again! ;)

OK, I'll bite. What about your experience did you find disappointing? I plan on keeping an open mind to see how they work for our family; booking fastpass+s was a bit tedious as the website is slow. Otherwise, independent of MagicBands I am getting pumped and jacked for our trip!

We had a disappointing experience in several ways. First, we went through 2 sets of MagicBands. Of the first set, one worked to open the WDW hotel room door and to charge, the other never worked. Neither would work as our park tickets, and therefore no FastPass+. On our second day we got a new set of MagicBands. They worked even less. No longer did they even open our hotel room door. Only one worked for charging. This new set ALSO didn't properly tie into our park tickets, despite multiple tries over and over again, and therefore once again no FastPass+. Guest services were very friendly and tried to help, but never were able to resolve the issues that we had with TWO separate sets of MagicBands. I wasted hours at the Coronado Springs guest services, and at GS at EPCOT and MK. It was a severe waste of time, money, and effort - on what is supposed to be a vacation where I can relax, be spontaneous, etc, etc, etc.

Therefore, I can safely say that I am disappointed with the system. $1.5B gave us armbands that don't do anything that our park tickets and Key to the World cards didn't do before...and couldn't do now. FastPass+ might be a good idea in concept, but in practice, it failed us. Additionally, with no old-school FP available in the parks for multiple days when we were there due to the FP+ demand, it really hurt our image of the resort. Gone are the days of relaxing and experiencing attractions. Now I need to book my ride times in advance or I don't get to have a pleasant experience.

WDW has one simple goal with MyMagicPlus and those MagicBands: to get me to spend more money. Not to increase the number of attractions, or upgrade attractions, or draw me into the parks with better entertainment. It is just to make the flow of money easier. Well, they failed, because their equipment didn't even work. So, we spent less money, and we aren't planning a return trip to the "Pre-Booked Attraction, Time Share Kingdom" for next year.

Good luck on your trip. Have fun. I hope you have better luck than we did.

Last edited:

geoffa

Made in China but distributed by the warehouse in Memphis which is where the DVC magazines (Disney Files) are also sent out from.

wendysue

We had a disappointing experience in several ways. First, we went through 2 sets of MagicBands. Of the first set, one worked to open the WDW hotel room door and to charge, the other never worked. Neither would work as our park tickets, and therefore no FastPass+. On our second day we got a new set of MagicBands. They worked even less. No longer did they even open our hotel room door. Only one worked for charging. This new set ALSO didn't properly tie into our park tickets, despite multiple tries over and over again, and therefore once again no FastPass+. Guest services were very friendly and tried to help, but never were able to resolve the issues that we had with TWO separate sets of MagicBands. I wasted hours at the Coronado Springs guest services, and at GS at EPCOT and MK. It was a severe waste of time, money, and effort - on what is supposed to be a vacation where I can relax, be spontaneous, etc, etc, etc.

Therefore, I can safely say that I am disappointed with the system. $1.5B gave us armbands that don't do anything that our park tickets and Key to the World cards didn't do before...and couldn't do now. FastPass+ might be a good idea in concept, but in practice, it failed us. Additionally, with no old-school FP available in the parks for multiple days when we were there due to the FP+ demand, it really hurt our image of the resort. Gone are the days of relaxing and experiencing attractions. Now I need to book my ride times in advance or I don't get to have a pleasant experience.

WDW has one simple goal with MyMagicPlus and those MagicBands: to get me to spend more money. Not to increase the number of attractions, or upgrade attractions, or draw me into the parks with better entertainment. It is just to make the flow of money easier. Well, they failed, because their equipment didn't even work. So, we spent less money, and we aren't planning a return trip to the "Pre-Booked Attraction, Time Share Kingdom" for next year.

Good luck on your trip. Have fun. I hope you have better luck than we did.

We are hearing this story more and more...Several of our friends just returned with the same thoughts and did not book a bounceback as they usually do. They are looking elsewhere next time, and they always went to WDW twice a year! We are going soon, and I hope we don't have the same experience, but I know we won't be booking a bounceback either, and our 2 trips a year will be elsewhere. As you said, the lack of spontaneous fun did it for us. I manage an office and must plan schedules all week, and to have to prebook rides and food is ridiculous.
On our upcoming trip, we just learned that a friend who lives near Orlando wants to meet us for a dinner, which we definitely want to do, but that means that we won't be going on those FP+ rides and might not get to ride them while we are there at all, depending on crowds, etc. We will give it our best shot and plan on having a wonderful time, knowing it's probably the last one....
Sorry to get off the track of this post. We don't wear the bands, but keep them in our packs. Hope they work!

Bairstow

Thread from the dead!

On our upcoming trip, we just learned that a friend who lives near Orlando wants to meet us for a dinner, which we definitely want to do, but that means that we won't be going on those FP+ rides and might not get to ride them while we are there at all, depending on crowds, etc. We will give it our best shot and plan on having a wonderful time, knowing it's probably the last one....

You tried rescheduling yet on the app?
Takes all of 2 minutes and can be done day of, on the fly.
Unless you're trying to get something like Midway Mania on Christmas Day, everything at every time should still be available when you need it.

wendysue

Thread from the dead!

You tried rescheduling yet on the app?
Takes all of 2 minutes and can be done day of, on the fly.
Unless you're trying to get something like Midway Mania on Christmas Day, everything at every time should still be available when you need it.

So far no luck getting times we want, so will try just standing in line, as usual. Don't have a smart phone, so won't be able to on the move.

deeevo

Jabil Circuit makes the Magic Bands. They have a factory in China the produces them. I used to work for Jabil and my buddy is the Business Unit Manager for the Disney account. And I did ask him about the purple magic bands and all he could tell me is it is a possibility but due to the NDA that is all he could say. This was back in June when I asked him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom