Who loves Tomorrowland?

Snoballego

Did you get manager approval?

I may be completely off base on this post. I don't mean to be rude either.

I think you may want to check with your manager before you start advertising yourself as a Cast Member running a Disney related Site (Tomorrowland). You may have signed something that prohibits you from speaking as a representative of the company on such a medium. You may also want to check with your union steward because your opinions might not represent the opinions of all your fellow operation cast members. If your site is just purely an informational site, then I believe WDW has that covered on its official web site. They do an excellent job of attraction descriptions there.

I know there is a very thin line between what is confidential knowledge / what is knowledge that can be shared by the public. Sometimes just because something is common knowledge of all the employees of a company does not mean it is intended to become common knowledge of the public. (Ie. You suggested that a Lilo & S Attraction may be replacing a current attraction - I don't remember the WDW Company officially making that release as public information.) Remember, WDW is a Fortune 100 Company. It is one thing for consumers and fans of a company to publicly speculate and critique a company in a public forum, but I think it becomes a whole new situation when you publicly announce yourself as an employee (representer) of that company in a public forum. I know this Tomorrowland Page has been created with the best intentions behind it, but you may want to exclude promoting yourselves are Cast Members.

Sincerely,

Snoballego

PS It is also a little about what Joe Torre said about David Wells' (both NY Yankee's Employees) new tell all book. "It is all about preserving the sanctity of the club house."

strobe

Re: Did you get manager approval?

Originally posted by Snoballego
I may be completely off base on this post. I don't mean to be rude either.

I don't understand the point of this post, unless you are a corporate lawyer on retainer for Disey.

I think they are doing a nice thing. SO WHAT if Disney alreay has a site that explains what the attractions are?? These cast members (who are overworked and underpaid) are using their OWN TIME to create a website that further promotes the company they work for.

With all of the negative employee websites these days, this is a breath of fresh air. If you read the origingal post, she said that she loves tomorrowland. She isn't bashing the company or doing anything wrong. The Lilo and Stitch thing has been circulating for months, it is common knowledge these days.

Plus, I don't remember her asking what you thought about her opening a site, she just asked "Who loves tomorrowland?". I think you should remember that old famous phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all"

But that's just my opinion.

MinnieFan

:sohappy: :sohappy: Just wanted to say...

I love Tommorrowland!!!!

19 more days and I will be there!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

xstechbabe

Original Poster
about the legal matter let me put it to you this way say you work at sub way and all of your friends work there too. Now if you have a webpage about where you all work as a way of saying hey we like where we work and this is who we are what is the problem with that. all my friends work in tomorrowland and they all like the site and I wanted a way for the colege program to stay to tgether. it is just a way for us to show what we like and what we are doing. my disclaimer basically says we are not a DISNEY site.

If you get rid of my sirte you have to shut down any fan site

CaptChris

I love tomorrow land. It has great attractions, great layout. It is one of the areas that I really enjoy the fastpass. You can get a fp for Space Mountain, and enjoy so many other great attractions while you wait.

I give a thumbs up for Tomorrowland!

strobe

I'm sure that I will get laughed off this board, but I actually like the little mini-pizzas at the 'Tomorrowland Terrace?' as well!! Just watch out for those crazy, aggressive birds. :lookaroun

RU42

Well, I live out west and when I compare TL at DL vs WDW, WDW wins hands down, not even a close comparisson. TL at DL needs a lot of work.

DL:
Star Toura and Space Mountain
Astro Orbitor
Unused building that was America the beautiful
Unused Peoplemover Track
Unused Lagoon
Innoventions which is a bore (IMHO)
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Autopia
a few shops

WDW:
Alien Encounter - totally awesome
Buzz Lightyear - tons of fun
Peoplemover - hey I like this one
Space Mountain - fun

I just think the WDW has a better feel. I rarely spend anytime in Tomorrowland out here except for Space Mountain, the kids love Autopia, and the occasional Star Tours.

RU

mickhyperion

I'm also more familiar with Disneyland than WDW, so when I saw Tomorrowland last year for the first time since 1981, my jaw dropped open! Tomorrowland is incredible!!

suzynstitch

great site cathy...just visited and i love it. if you need any pictures or art work to display, just let me know. i will be more than happy to help out! hello to ricky and mel!!:wave:
see you soon!
suzie

FusionAddict

T-Land Inna Hiz-ouse!!!

I see some familiar faces...I see Cathy...and Ricky...and Cindy...and Mel...and Suzanne...It's like a family reunion in here!!! :lol:

I wonder who else is lurking about?

SPECIAL NOTE: I've now had to edit this message THREE times to add people I missed previously in the thread! A LOT of people I know in here!

END OF LINE.

wizard12

I like Tomorrowland. I really like Buzz Lightyear and Alien Encounter. I love the speedway also. It hasn't been really updated but there is always a long line up and it is so fun being behind that wheel. I look forward to going to Tomorrowland every time I'm at the Magic Kingdom.

meeko_33785

Tomorrowland isn't my favorite land, but it's got great theming and some pretty cool attractions (minus AE, it just seems like an emense waste of time to me).

starsprite

Space Mountain is one of my favorite rides 4 sure!! Buzz Lightyear and Alien Encounter are pretty good too....other than that there isn't much else that I enjoy in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom