Who Knew Choking Each Other Would Earn Us Fastpasses? We were just kidding!

Hello there and welcome to my trip report.
wave.gif

I guess I'll start out with the introductions of the cast and crew.

My name is Lisa (a/k/aTinkerbell as my boss likes to call me) and I am a 44 year old paralegal, wife to John and mother to Hunter and Lacey (who didn't join us on this trip 'cause she's attending missionary college). My husband, John, also 44, owns and operates a cabinet shop which is good because I can always talk his boss into letting him off work to go to Disney.
laughing.gif
John acts all nonchalant about going to Disney but when somebody asks him a question, he immediately starts chattering away.

Since I am still uploading pictures and can't seem to find a picture of John and I from this year's trip, I guess I'll just use a picture from last year's trip.

100_2283.jpg

Hunter is our son and he turned 13 just 3 days before we arrived in Disney. We couldn't think of a better way to celebrate becoming a teenager than by partying hard with Mickey and the gang. Hunter is a multi-talented little dude. He can play the acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboard and viola. Magical illusions and cup stacking are his newest tricks and he's pretty darn good at both. When he's not playing an instrument or trying to trick you, he's playing football or singing in the honor choir. See....I told you he was multi-talented.

Also along for the ride this year was my Mama, Edna. She's 76 years old and dotes on John and Hunter like they were her little babies. Mama has been to Disney with us once at Thanksgiving, 2000. That was back in the day when we stayed offsite 'cause we didn't know any better.
sad20.gif
We were anxious to see how Mama would do with all the walking, heat, humidity, conveyor belts, etc.

Again, I don't have all of my pictures uploaded so I'll just use a picture of Hunter and Mama riding the clamshells into The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Not the best of pictures but a picture nevertheless:

SANY2430.jpg

We are a pretty silly fun loving family that always seems to attract.......hum.......let's just say,we always seem to have an "incident" happen during each of our trips. Over the years:

1) We got stuck on Test Track in the cold section and I almost tinkled myself;

2) My tooth (temporary crown) fell out while eating lunch at the Electric Umbrella and I had to super glue it in;

3) John got his toe broken after being run over in a drive-by scooter incident;

4) Hunter boogied with every character we ran into;

5) My wonderful, beautiful, loving family pedaled off on the surrey bike without me when my shoe hit the pedal and flew over my shoulder;

6) Lacey and Hunter jumped for joy in front of the Epcot ball;

7) We laughed so much during the trips that I caught myself saying "stop making me laugh or......" every 30 minutes.

And so forth and so on. We love spending time together and there's no better place than Walt Disney World to act silly and have a good time. Our goofiness paid off during the trip and that same goofiness inspired the title of this report.

This was our 15th trip to Disney in 13 years and our 5th stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We spent 9 1/2 glorious days at Walt Disney World and I could have stayed longer had my boss not insisted that I return to "the real world".

I have people ask me all the time why we go to Disney World year after year after year. I've tried to explain it to them but, unless you are a Disney fan like myself, you just can't understand. Remember those old Lay's potato chips commercials? You know, the ones that said something like "Lay's potato chips...so good you can't eat just one!" I liken Disney to a Lay's potato chip....."Walt Disney World is so fun you can't go just once!"

Now that the introductions have been made, I guess I'll get busy working on the next installment.

Oh....I hope that everybody feels free to post replies/comments 'cause I really like chatting.

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
102_4051.jpg

Oh I forgot, Hunter left his umbrella with his daddy and put on a poncho instead.

102_4052.jpg

102_4054.jpg

102_4055.jpg

Even though the ride had been slowed down considerably, we still enjoyed it and were glad that we had waited in line. A couple of pictures I took before meeting back up with John:

102_4056.jpg

102_4057.jpg

By the time we had gotten off the ride, the wait time had increased to 20 minutes. I guess some of the Fantasyland guests had made their way over to Frontierland by that time.

102_4058.jpg

**Up next: What do we do now? How 'bout a little explorin'?

Disneygal1

Fantastic trip report!:sohappy: Thank you! I loved viewing all of your pictures. You have such a beautiful family! I love how your son, Hunter, was chosen to be apart of the backlot tour 'crew'. Very cool! I always wanted to do that.

cathyy

Nice trip report. I started reading a while back.. its nice that you are finishing it!! :) Thanks!!
Glad you had a great time.

wishes2013

Loved the update but I can't see your pictures. It says bandwidth exceeded. Ahhhh! Please fix it I love seeing your pictures :)

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
Loved the update but I can't see your pictures. It says bandwidth exceeded. Ahhhh! Please fix it I love seeing your pictures :)

I'm working on it now. Photobucket and I have a love/hate relationship.:ROFLOL:

I've finally caught up! Love this TR. It's very detailed, and makes me even more excited for my next trip! :)

I often find myself wondering if I am putting in too many details. Glad to hear that you don't mind them.

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
Fantastic trip report!:sohappy: Thank you! I loved viewing all of your pictures. You have such a beautiful family! I love how your son, Hunter, was chosen to be apart of the backlot tour 'crew'. Very cool! I always wanted to do that.

Awww, thank you so much. Hunter was extremely excited to be chosen.

Glad to have you back... :sohappy: I know you have your hands full with the wedding

Our household is super duper busy....wedding planning, running the business, planning our next trip, etc. etc. etc.

Nice trip report. I started reading a while back.. its nice that you are finishing it!! :) Thanks!!
Glad you had a great time.

I'm trying my best to get it finished up before I leave for my next trip.:D

oommggitskait

Having been following your TR for a while now and I love it. You have a lovely family and it looks like you guys have a really fun time together. :)

wishes2013

I hope photobucket will cooperate soon! And you can never have too many details, that's why I like your report! When is the next trip you said you were planning? And there will be a report, right?

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
Having been following your TR for a while now and I love it. You have a lovely family and it looks like you guys have a really fun time together. :)

Thank you so very much! As you can tell from our pictures, we do have tons of fun together.

I hope photobucket will cooperate soon! And you can never have too many details, that's why I like your report! When is the next trip you said you were planning? And there will be a report, right?

I think Photobucket and I are on the love part of our love/hate relationship and the pictures are showing up again.:lol:

We are headed back to WDW in May! I can hardly wait to get back. Of course, there's gonna be a trip report. I'll have to do something to combat the post-Disney blues.:D

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
We found John pretty quickly amongst all of the other park guests and asked what he wanted to do. He suggested we take the raft over to Tom Sawyer Island. Sounded good to us! We walked down the walkway to the dock and a raft was just pulling in meaning we didn't have long to wait until we were making our way over to the island.

102_4059.jpg

102_4060.jpg

102_4061.jpg

Our first thing we wanted to explore was one of the caves:

102_4062.jpg

102_4063.jpg

Creepy!

102_4064.jpg

102_4065.jpg

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
We came out of the cave and back into the semi-sunshine and continued our exploration of the island. Let's go this way:

102_4066.jpg

Views of Magic Kingdom from the island:

102_4067.jpg

102_4068.jpg

102_4069.jpg

By sticking with our "keep going left" rule, we were soon looking at the entrance to the Fort. For years and years, we wandered around the island and never found the fort. But, thanks to a friend of mine, we found it a couple of years ago! Thank you Missy! So, for those of you who wonder where the fort is on the island, keep going left and you'll eventually find it.
thumbsup2.gif

102_4070.jpg

102_4072.jpg

102_4073.jpg

102_4074.jpg

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
We climbed up into the fort so I could take pictures of Big Thunder Mountain and Hunter could shoot the rifles:

102_4075.jpg

102_4077.jpg

102_4078.jpg

I just noticed that Hunter still had on his disposable poncho:

102_4080.jpg

** Continued in next post

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
102_4081.jpg

102_4082.jpg

102_4083.jpg

102_4084.jpg

We walked across a little walkway and into another part of the building. Up in the rafters sat a little squirrel. He was so cute. Here's Hunter taking a picture of him:

102_4086.jpg

102_4087.jpg

We made our way back down so that other guests could enjoy the views from up top. More pictures of the fort and the island:

102_4088.jpg

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
John peeked into the Guard house:

102_4090.jpg

and this is what he saw:

102_4089.jpg

Looks like he and John would get along really well.
lmao.gif

There was one last thing we wanted to do while on the island and that was walk across the barrell bridge. I know! Simple pleasures!
laughing.gif

102_4091.jpg

102_4092.jpg

Once we had done that, we were ready to join all the rest of the crowds in Frontierland. We started making our way towards the raft when we spotted this pretty little waterfall:

102_4094.jpg

We also saw another dock that had rocking chairs on it and we decided to sit for a minute and people watch:

102_4096.jpg

102_4095.jpg

Now, I know I have a picture of John and I sittin' in the rocking chairs somewhere because I submitted it as a Disney Memory but I can't find it right now. Those rocking chairs were a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of the parks. Ahhh, here's one of John resting his eyes:

***Up next: A little toe tappin', foot stompin' fun!

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
After a little rest in the rocking chairs, we walked on over to the dock to wait on the next raft to come. We had decided that we'd go see how long it was until the next Country Bears show. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait long and we were soon sitting on a bench in the pre-show area. I sent a text to my friend Dana and asked if they had left Disney yet. If I am remembering correctly, they were driving home as we spoke....text.....texted.
laughing.gif
I wished them a safe trip home just as the doors were opening to the show. I took pictures of the pictures:

102_4098-1.jpg

102_4099-1.jpg

102_4100-1.jpg

Unlike a previous visit to the Country Bear Jamboree, there was no woman tripping over me and scrapping her nails down my leg. Oooooh that soooo hurt! Make me squench up just thinking about it again. Ouch! And then I was dumb enough to rub hand sanitizer in it! Double ouch! Okay, shuttin' up about that.

Once again, we enjoyed the show and we were foot stompin' and hand clappin' along with everybody else in the theater. When the finale started, I took a few pictures:

102_4101-1.jpg

102_4103-1.jpg

102_4104-1.jpg

102_4106-1.jpg

102_4102-1.jpg

mickeystoontown

Original Poster
I also took a picture of Big Al on my cellphone and sent it to Lacey. He's her favorite and I just had to tell her who we were watching at that moment. She sent a text back saying she wished she was there! Made me sad but I also knew that she was finishing up her last year at the Mission so she needed to be in Georgia and not with us.

We were starting to get a little hungry but it looked like everybody that was leaving the show was heading straight towards Peco Bill's. Instead of going along with them, we decided to go the other direction and headed to:

102_4110-1.jpg

But, not before I took pictures:

102_4107-1.jpg

102_4108-1.jpg

102_4109-1.jpg

102_4111-1.jpg

Okey dokey Hunter, start shootin'!

102_4112-1.jpg

102_4113-1.jpg

102_4114-1.jpg

102_4115-1.jpg

102_4116-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom