Who is your Disney speical person?

sillyspook13

My favorite Disney people are my "extended family" of Tapestry performers and fans. We have all the regulars: the infamous John and Joan who visit Epcot on a daily basis (a.k.a. the "tapestry parents"), Tom and Roy the photographers, and many other family and friends of the cast. Not to mention the cast themselves-too many to name.

The most special of all these people is my boyfriend. He makes my frequent visits to the "happiest place on earth" even happier. (plus he's the only one who knows how to make me purr...:slurp: :animwink: :kiss: )

thumper

Although my husband and I are going for the first time together this May, I'd have to say my special "Disney friend" is my Dad. I remember during my teenage years, my Dad and I tended to agree to disagree - a tough time for any teenager and their parents. But one year, Mom had to go away on business in Naples, FL. So Dad suggested that him and I go to Disney for a couple of days (mom would meet us later). Of course, I wouldn't turn down a trip to Disney!

It was the best Disney trip I can remember - we were like two kids running around each park, tackling the new rides one by one. My favorite memory was getting to EPCOT when it opened. We wanted to ride the Maelstrom, which was brand new at the time. I think we got as far as Commmunicore and there was a CM waiting by a rope. Once the rope was pulled aside, we RAN like idiots (think of the Griswolds running towards Wallyworld). We were the first to enter the ride for the day, and the Norwegians were laughing at us. Once the boat ride part wa over, we had the entire theater to ourselves. After the ride, we were both like , "OK, we can slow down and go back to SE".

Sorry for the long story, but it really is the little things that make you look back now and realize how much you cherish the ones you love!:)

tinkrbel

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
One of the things that makes WDW so special to my family is the connection my husband and I share and how much we both love it. When he is at WDW he is the most fun of any place and we love talking about it, planing for the trips, looking at pictures and all things WDW in general. Now we love sharing it with our daughter.

While its sorta a dream for one day just me and my husband go alone ( ohhh fantasyland ) I have to say that seeing the smiles on our granddaughters is a big part of the thrill .. when she was a baby ( 2) our youngest granddaughter use to say her name was "Barbie belong to mickey and minnie" When they were little and got to hug mickey and minnie they just came away with the most amazing smiles.

kal1484

Originally posted by DisneyPhD

Keep in mind when you meet that person who might be "the one", do they love Disney or could they grow to? Chances are if you don't want to share WDW with them, you aren't going to want to share the rest of your life with them.

I've noticed that the people I get along with better, like disney! Maybe i'll meet someone during the wdwcp hehehe:hammer:

tinkrbel

Originally posted by wdwprincess03

I've noticed that the people I get along with better, like disney! Maybe i'll meet someone during the wdwcp hehehe:hammer:

its only an opinion ...but I think disney people are a special breed so you would prolly find your soul mate

figmentbaby

Mine is my sister, because we used to try and drag my parents on space mountain, and when we finally did my mother came out and told us to pay for the rest of the trip:rolleyes:

O, about the college program...my sister did it last year and she said that this year was the last year to participate in the college program for the summer ONLY. You can do it if you take off a semester or something. I'm almost positive about this too, but if there are any updates I would love to know since I'll be in college next year :D

Terp02

I'm 18, and have no girlfriend:( , and have never been to WDW with anyone besides my family. So I'd say my brother because for some reason we get along great there whereas we'd argue over stupid stuff normally. We like the same rides so really it's a question of where we want to go.

As for everyone who's asking about the WDWCP i think the official website is wdwcollegeprogram.com, if that's not it go to Yahoo or another search engine and search for it, you'll find it. I really want to do it but there's a couple of things that will prevent me from doing so: 1. my school, University of Maryland - College Park, rarely has info sessions on it 2. I'm busy with marching band in the fall, and pep band in the spring and 3. I'm deathly afraid of lighting so I doubt I'd go in the summer, but I may.

-Josh

figmentbaby

I'll go with you josh!!! lol The only time I go is with my parents, not entirlely bad, but coming from new york every other stop is a coffee one (people really make fun of the manhattan accent).

pixiedust1010

Originally posted by tinkrbel

its only an opinion ...but I think disney people are a special breed so you would prolly find your soul mate

Thats definitely true, I did the college program in spring 2000 and met my boyfriend the first week. we were together the whole time, stayed together after we left and last year i moved down to louisiana from pa. to live with him. we've known we were meant to be since the very beginning and so of course we're going to get married. in fact, my roommate from Vista Way met my boyfriend's roommate because of us, and now they are engaged also! It seems like quite a few couples meet and get married because of WDWCP.

DixieBelle97

I would have to say my dad. He took me on my first Disney trip during the 25th Anniversary when I was 10 years old. My mom took me on the cruise, so she's the Disney Cruise-mom, but my dad takes me to Disney World a lot, so he's the Disney-dad, or at least he's mine. We're going back in 19 weeks and 3 days. I'm so excited to be going to the 100 Years of Magic. :sohappy: :sohappy:

DarkImage4

This would also answer the question, " Who made me the Disney freak I am today?"

My girlfriend, fiancee & now wife. She somehow took the magic that Disney is to her and shared it with me. We've been to WDW 3 times total with each other (all of my visits). The first 2 were day trips with a drum & bugle corps and the 3rd was a 4 day trip with the marching band we teach. Now we've been planning our honeymoon there, and my love for Disney has gone through the roof. She was so surprised when I was the one who suggsted Disney for the honeymoon. We've got a 12 day trip sort of planned, and I cannot imagine anyone else I'd want to go to Disney with.:D

sig

Special Disney Person

Is definitely my sister. Ever since our first trip as adults on our on (5 years ago) to Disney Land we were hooked. On our return we immediately began planning our next, but after stumbling onot WDW websites... well the rest is history, we went to WDW in 2000 & 2001 and again in 32 sleeps! We can talk about it anytime (and all time). We just hope that we are lucky to meet guys one day who also feel the same way, and if not, we will just have to keep going (without them!)

DisneyMom0324

My special Disney person is definitely my son, Tyler. I liked Disney before he was born, but after he was born I became a Disney nut. He and I visit the Disney Store at least 3 times a week, we watch Disney movies together, and this past December I took him to Disney World for the first time. He was so excited when he saw Cinderella's Castle for the first time, that I vowed to take him to WDW every year. In 227 days we'll finally be there again!

A few nights ago I caught him "reading" his WDW For Kids By Kids book to his Mickey & Minnie plush toys. I heard him say "Tower of Terror may look scary but you guys can sit with me and Mommy, and you won't be scared." It was too cute! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom