Who is going to WDW?

Herdman

We are still going last week of October and totally looking forward to it. Making dining reservations in a couple weeks. Some of the people that post on here act like they are right and anybody who is going now under the current conditions (either virus, open attractions, etc.) is a complete idiot. You can't speak for anyone elses circumstances around their plans. To do so is completely arrogant and ignorant. We feel safe with the precautions Disney has taken. I think it will be an interesting trip, unlike one we've ever taken before. No need to have every second of your day planned out to get things done. That will make for relaxed days in the parks at the pace you want to set. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone going the first time, but for us, already having a cruise and a park visit cancelled in May as celebrations of our daughter's college graduation, we are going to make the most out of this time together and do our best to have a blast.

mf1972

we’re in the process of cancelling our trip for october. our resort currently won’t be open for our stay & we didn’t like the options we were given. we decided to play it safe & skip it this year.
to everyone here that are still going, i wish you all well & hope you all stay safe & have a wonderful time.

RHCP Mickey

Im doing Hollywood studios in late August. Any tips for pandemic park days?

Spending one day each in AK and HS this weekend, I couldn't believe how many people were wearing various types of thick cloth masks. I wore the surgical mask and tried out my normal "grocery store" mask just to see the difference. Wear the surgical mask! Both are tolerable, but the surgical is significantly more comfortable for extended periods in the heat. And as an added bonus, you can walk around giving knowing head-nods to others wearing the surgical mask. It's almost as good as a membership in Club 33.

MickeyCB

Planning for Oct 21-26 visit staying at the Poly.
If things don't get worse.
We are really looking forward to the low crowds, hope like crazy they stay the same.

BWDVCkidsince96

After I went in July with my 2 year old, I put together a blurb (just for fun) of things that have changed since the reopening and whether they should impact people's decision to travel there now (obviously ignoring health related reasons to not travel, lol) since I see a million posts on social media asking about this or that reason not to go. thought maybe some people on here would find it useful or give me some input on my list. i put it together right before the hours got cut for september.

HollyAD

Spending one day each in AK and HS this weekend, I couldn't believe how many people were wearing various types of thick cloth masks. I wore the surgical mask and tried out my normal "grocery store" mask just to see the difference. Wear the surgical mask! Both are tolerable, but the surgical is significantly more comfortable for extended periods in the heat. And as an added bonus, you can walk around giving knowing head-nods to others wearing the surgical mask. It's almost as good as a membership in Club 33.
I purchased a few Disney fabric masks on Etsy and Poshmark already but I plan to change them when it gets hot and I'm sweating. I have some surgical masks too which I will bring along. Maybe fancy ones for pictures and surgical masks for the rest of the day lol!

mfortis

Original Poster
Stayed at the Polynesian in August for 6 nights. Went to all the parks. Wearing a face mask was a pain but we adjusted. The biggest disappointment was not being able to park hop and the shortened park hours. Also what was a pain in the reared was the inconsistency in the food venues. Where you could not even enter the building if you did not already have a completed mobile order in your phone.
This week we spent a few days at wilderness lodge working from home. No parks. Could not justify close to $150 per person admission for one day. Especially since I was working pretty much all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom