Who I Run 4!

GoofyRacer11

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I was one of the 12,000 runners who completed the Wine and Dine Half Marathon a couple weeks ago. During the race I came across a couple of runners who I decided to strike up a conversation with and help pace the rest of the race. Afterwards while hanging out with them at the after party, one of them mentioned that she was part of a group called "Who I Run 4" and asked me to check it out. It is a non-profit organization that pairs children and adults with special needs with a runner who then dedicates all there workouts and races to their new buddy and builds a relationship with them. The purpose of this is to make these individuals who don't have the luxury of being able to run, feel happy and appreciated!

I believe that being apart of something like this would provide someone with enough motivation to get through any workout knowing that they are doing it for someone who can't. I joined about a week ago and am still waiting to get paired up with someone, but I'm excited none-the-less! I just wanted to put this out there just in case anyone on here would be interested in doing something like this. If so, here is there website: www.whoirun4.com

GoofyRacer11

Original Poster
I will definitely keep you guys updated on how things are going. Right now I'm still waiting to be paired with a buddy, which I figure will be in a few weeks. That's not too long of a wait considering there were about 1,450 people in front of me when I signed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom