Who has NEVER been to a rope-drop?

stratman50th

First trip 1976. Then back again in 1989 with one or two trips a year until 2012. Then once in 2018 and again in 2019. Never did a rope drop.

ELG13

Never done one here either. But seeing that I'm in the majority, that may change lol. But really it's because we have younger kids and we generally stay up a littler later than normal and I would rather let them sleep until 7 or 8 and wake up on their own, and take our time getting our. We had an ADR at CRT a few years ago when rope drop was for the whole park and not individual lands. It was pretty amazing walking down main Street without all the crowds before the park opened.

John park hopper

Never did rope drop in the 70's or 80's and 90's there was no need too the parks weren't jam packed with people. Later on I could never get the wife to get up that early (late sleeper).

MrConbon

When I would visit once a year on vacation I would absolutely rope drop. Now that I live 15 minutes away I only rope drop for an opening attraction or if I want to ride RoTR. Plan to rope drop this Wednesday for Runaway Railway.

Trackmaster

In all the times I've been to Disney World (or Disneyland for that matter), and there have been many, I've never been to a rope drop/park opening ceremony. If I'm going on vacation and want to sleep in until 9 or 10 a.m., I'm going to take advantage of this! I'm not a morning person, so it would not be in my best interest to get up at 5:00 a.m. and be at rope-drop when the park (any one of them) is about to open.

Who else has never been to a rope drop, and don't think they'll ever get to one?

I rarely ever go to rope drop. Its been a long time since I have. Don't get me wrong, I'm complete an early bird myself, and I love going to parks early. But Disney gets so crowded in the morning. They don't die off until later. Smarter money is getting there later and staying until close.

page mr. morrow

rope drop is not appealing to me in the slightest just for the fact I don’t want to be standing in a herd of people waiting to trample each other to get on the rides first as they let everyone in. I’d rather stroll in with my fast passes later in the morning and go through the turnstiles and move around without being packed in like a sardine. I did rope drop once at California adventure to get on the cars ride (wasn’t even an opening day or anything cars had been open for years) and it was one of the worst experiences I’ve had at Disney. People fighting , pushing , and mostly just acting like animals to make sure they were first

HongKongFooy

What's wrong with that? When we spend a week at WDW, time is precious. If I wanted to hang out on a beach chair drinking some Coronas, the Bahamas is a better choice
You, too, have absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Hint: I'm a huge proponent of rope drop; it's a very good strategy to make my day far more enjoyable at the parks.

MrConbon

Based on your response I conclude that you have absolutely no idea what I was talking about, none.

Then maybe make your post a bit clearer. Saying “such attitudes puzzle and bewilder” makes it sound like you don’t understand why people would rope drop to save time in lines.

HongKongFooy

Try this:

Assuming we are going to parks for enjoyment "getting things done" sounds like tasking, laboring or working on obligated projects.

The verbiage is bizarre.

.....like the ubiquitous comment coming from a server as I'm towards the end of a sit-down meal:

"Are you still working on that?"

It's not freakin tax return nor a backyard fence that needs repair ......it's supposed to be an enjoyable eating experience not something laborious....... So no, I'm not still "working on it"

Hcalvert

We often do rope drop and then leave around lunch time to go back to resort (sometimes to another park) and then go back in the evening to a park for dinner. Since we have gotten APs, we haven't been too stressed about hanging out in the parks all day.

Tom P.

Try this:

Assuming we are going to parks for enjoyment "getting things done" sounds like tasking, laboring or working on obligated projects.

The verbiage is bizarre.

.....like the ubiquitous comment coming from a server as I'm towards the end of a sit-down meal:

"Are you still working on that?"

It's not freakin tax return nor a backyard fence that needs repair ......it's supposed to be an enjoyable eating experience not something laborious....... So no, I'm not still "working on it"
I understand what you are saying. But it could be that we have colloquial use of language that is different from the literal meaning. When a server asks you if you "are still working on that," I seriously doubt the implication is that you are actually doing work by eating the meal. Similarly, when one talks about "getting things done" at Walt Disney World, they mean that they are able to do the things they want to do in order to have an enjoyable vacation. Those are common and well-understood phrases in those contexts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom