Who Gets Free Dining?

JimboJones123

This will be Year 2 of free dining for us. Anybody else having an endless rotation of Mickey Waffles and chicken finger baskets in the next few months? Did you go last year too? Will you miss out this year (HAHA)? I know we prob won't go next year unless they offer it again (thats what we said this year -- and sure enough -- here we go). So I'm threatening Disney again. I won't go next year without Free DDP!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
It was in newspapers, airline magazines, and of course most websites were discussing it. Both years the offer started in April and closed in June.

Upvote 0

meryll83

a code for the website?

I'm in the Uk and I don't remember hearing anything about it so I'll have to keep my little eyes and ears peeled this time won't I?!

and when is the free dining available for (as in when can you visit and get it)?

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Actually around mid march I started seriously asking about it this year. Everybody ignored me. I started about 4-5 threads on it over about 3 weeks. They had a package offer ending on March 31st. So it became quite a gag when on April 1st, April Fools Day, they announced the free dining again. But it wasn't a joke. I would look around then. There was a banner on mousesavers.com through the promotion on their front page. It was said by most that they would NEVER do it again, but sure enough. So I, like you, will PRAY AND PRAY for next year too.

Upvote 0

meryll83

It really is quite an unbelievable deal when you think about it!
I would be there for 2 weeks though, would it last that long?

And I think I'm gonna have to wait til 08 to save up now, so I'll have to be praying REALLY hard for it to be still going then I think.:(

Thanks for the info though, it's definitely worth knowing so I can be on the lookout!

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy: we had scheduled an early oct trip at pofq paying for the dining plan we got free last year and you still save money if you pay for it. then they offered it for free and we changed the res. to late sept. to get the free dining and then upgraded to the wilderness lodge and stiil saved about 200.00 $ off the origanal res. i think this is one of disneys best ideas ever.we were like everyone else before counter meals shared, or drive into town for takeout. but with the ddp you eat like a king and are always stuffed.next trip 47 days away and counting.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dac921

When we booked in January, we booked with the Dining Plan... figured it was worth $37 per day per person... Now I have free dining...

I am a happy camper:sohappy:

Upvote 0

meryll83

When we booked in January, we booked with the Dining Plan... figured it was worth $37 per day per person... Now I have free dining...

I am a happy camper:sohappy:
So if you are already booked and they bring it out, you just ring up and they give it to you? Do you have to have purchased it to get that or if you'd already booked hotel only would they add it on for free later?

And what time of year is it available there?

Upvote 0
:sohappy: I booked my free dining in June My Tower Contemporary vacation with 2 Adults and 3 kids was only $2900. Compared to around $3700 without all the free dining and discounts!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
So if you are already booked and they bring it out, you just ring up and they give it to you? Do you have to have purchased it to get that or if you'd already booked hotel only would they add it on for free later?

And what time of year is it available there?

The past 2 years it has been from mid August - Sept 30. So for many people, the Food and Wine fest starts on Sept 29th and they will have free dining for the first week. As long as you check in before the 30th, you can get the same pkg for the entire trip. So for us that's Sept 27 - Oct 7. I still haven't heard if snack points can be used for the Food and Wine Fest yet or not. But a large number of members are taking advantage of both the discount and the fest. Too bad we will miss the Beach Boys.

Upvote 0

vmkaddict

:sohappy: I booked my free dining in June My Tower Contemporary vacation with 2 Adults and 3 kids was only $2900. Compared to around $3700 without all the free dining and discounts!
AKL/2 adults/3 kids/park hopper/DP.....$2200.00:D I win! I win!:sohappy: :sohappy:
30 days:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom