Who Gets Free Dining?

JimboJones123

This will be Year 2 of free dining for us. Anybody else having an endless rotation of Mickey Waffles and chicken finger baskets in the next few months? Did you go last year too? Will you miss out this year (HAHA)? I know we prob won't go next year unless they offer it again (thats what we said this year -- and sure enough -- here we go). So I'm threatening Disney again. I won't go next year without Free DDP!

CoffeeJedi

I couldn't afford my trip without it!
Normally i would do one sit-down meal and the rest would be counter service or packed-in... this year, FIVE real meals baby!!!!

Upvote 0

kennygman

We're going in 10 days! Got a 9 day 8 night package for 4 and an infant at AS Sports for 1800 and got 165 off with Disney Visa points. (Yes we pay our bill in full each month, so it was free money) Less than $200 a day for hotel, tix (PH with Water park and more) and Food, not going to find better deal at Disney.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I couldn't afford my trip without it!
Normally i would do one sit-down meal and the rest would be counter service or packed-in... this year, FIVE real meals baby!!!!

Us too. It's like they are paying me to go. Usually one sit down... the rest shared meals. We get really tired of doing that, but having a $1200 bill at checkout isn't very fun either. That's nearly the cost of the package.

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

We got the free dining last year and said we werent going again until next yeat, but then they ran it again, and here we go again. Can"t wait, we used to get a rental car before free dining but now why bother . I think we would even pay for the dining.

Upvote 0

abe_bb

10 days for us!

We used the free dining last year and ate WAYYYYYYY too much.

Now in 10 days we are going again... And because of free dining my parents decided they could afford to come too! (and we bought their airline tickets....)

Now we are getting all of our favorites again... i better buy some shorts that are a size or two too big... lol

Upvote 0

DME

We took advantage of the free dining last fall. Went with my wife, son, mom, and cousin. My dad didn't want to go but said it was such a fantastic offer that if they ever offered it again, he'd go. And wallah! They offered it again so we're going. End of September. Woohooo!!!!

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Elastic waistbands can be your friend....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

40 odd days till our trip.....better believe I'll be packing my stretchy shorts!!!

The free dining plan was how I convinced my DH that we could go (just the 2 of us!) for our anniversary trip......:D

So looking forward to Le Cellier, O'Hana's etc........:slurp:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I actually concidered booking my "cousin" JombaJones for the room to add another set of points, and then saving the 10 day hopper for another trip, but I'm not sure if we can eat quite that much food.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

40 odd days till our trip.....better believe I'll be packing my stretchy shorts!!!

The free dining plan was how I convinced my DH that we could go (just the 2 of us!) for our anniversary trip......:D

So looking forward to Le Cellier, O'Hana's etc........:slurp:

I'll be doing 7am laps at the Hippy Dippy every morning for half an hour.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Free Dining take 2! We had this last year and this year as well. As others have said we would not be going down if it wasn't for this great deal!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

HoW

We've been so busy planning and saving for our wedding next year that we were sure we wouldn't get to go anywhere this year, especially Disney. But, when the offer came up, and we had a little extra money, we couldn't resist! Not to mention we'll be able to hit a few restaurants that we've never been able to eat at because they've always been out of our price range! :slurp:

Upvote 0

sydsmom1997

We're leaving in three weeks. This will be our first time using the dining plan. It seems if you want to do higher priced sit downs, you can't beat it!! (especially from 8/13-9/30 when it's free!) We couldn't have gone this year without this promotion. I can't wait! I've been lurking around here for a couple of months now, and previous threads regarding the plan have been most helpful. It seems that most opinions are positive regarding this plan!:wave: By the way, it's nice to meet you all!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
We've been so busy planning and saving for our wedding next year that we were sure we wouldn't get to go anywhere this year, especially Disney. But, when the offer came up, and we had a little extra money, we couldn't resist! Not to mention we'll be able to hit a few restaurants that we've never been able to eat at because they've always been out of our price range! :slurp:

For us it's Jiko and Boma. Not to mention that we would NEVER pay for a Dinner show. But last year we hit the Spirit of Aloha and this year the Hoop Dee Doo. Things we could never spend $200 a night for but if it's free, what the heck!

Upvote 0

animay

The only thing we have booked is our first ever dining & fireworks experience at the California Grill. Very excited for that.

We still have one more sit-down meal we can use, but nothing decided on for it.

Upvote 0

meryll83

Ok so was this if you booked your hotel directly with Disney?
And where/when was it advertised? Was it available for online bbokings?

Scouting for future reference!! I need to know where to be looking if it happens again!

And are there any rules / restrictions in getting it?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom