Who else thinks The Museum of the Weird would be a perfect addition to Dumbo land?

EPCOT Explorer

Yeaaa. That is about all it would be good for. Museum of the Weird was never really intended to be a stand alone attraction anyways. I understand it as being more of a time killer in the queue.
Yeah, there's that, and the fact that this is Pre AA times. When AA's came along, so did PoTC, and New Orleans Square, and then HM...The ideas just bloomed out this one little one.:lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Yeah, there's that, and the fact that this is Pre AA times. When AA's came along, so did PoTC, and New Orleans Square, and then HM...The ideas just bloomed out this one little one.:lol:

Well there is that small detail too. For me it is hard to envision a pre AA time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Let's bring back Alien Encounter and put it in Fantasyland too.

How about a Mutter museum while we are at it.:eek:

lazyboy97o

I think I can see where this idea is coming from, with the Museum of the Weird essentially being the circus' sideshow. Not exactly sure how it would mesh with being in Fantasyland.

MUTZIE77

I think I can see where this idea is coming from, with the Museum of the Weird essentially being the circus' sideshow. Not exactly sure how it would mesh with being in Fantasyland.

Isn't Dumbos Circusland going to be sort of a sub land to FL? I think it would fit just fine. Also, why would anything that WDI creates freak kids out? It would end up being an attraction for the whole family.

lazyboy97o

Isn't Dumbos Circusland going to be sort of a sub land to FL? I think it would fit just fine. Also, why would anything that WDI creates freak kids out? It would end up being an attraction for the whole family.
It is not so much that I think it would freak kids out, just the cultural associations with side shows. A side show, in my opinion, lacks the appropriate romance to be included, if a side show is in fact what the original poster was thinking.

_Scar

Dumbo... kid friendly?

Those pink elephants were terrifying.

I watched Dumbo a few months ago at 16. They scared me. Wasn't expecting such an odd scene in Dumbo....

............but then I saw Pinocchio.... Dear God.

MUTZIE77

It is not so much that I think it would freak kids out, just the cultural associations with side shows. A side show, in my opinion, lacks the appropriate romance to be included, if a side show is in fact what the original poster was thinking.

I see where you are coming from. Now that I think about it, it may be hard to make the traditional circus side show into something cute and fuzzy. Something like that would be better placed somewhere like Downtown Disney. Something like a Ripley's Believe it or not museum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom