Who else thinks AK should be majorly remodeled!?

Raven66

When we head to Disney, we make every park a full day park and we do them multiple times in one trip. I love AK, I love taking pictures and this park holds lots of opportunities for me to do so. The other parks do as well but AK is just really beautiful. If I changed it would be like others have said and add more animals.

jlevis

AK is one of my favorite parks. I get to slow down, take my time to walk the trails, wander through Africa and Asia, enjoy the shows and to take multiple safari rides. The park is what it was intended to be. Trying to make it something else will just turn it into another ride filled park.

AEfx

AK has seen love by sticking to its true theme and not littered with rides.

Ugh, I know! I mean, who wants a THEME PARK to be "littered with rides"?

People must be crazy if they expect to go to a theme park and find actual rides...I mean, what kind of crazy person would think they'd find rides at a Disney theme park?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would like to see something else done with Camp Minnie Mickey. I think they should add some sort of exhibit there featuring animals of North America. I have seen many foreign visitors (and city dwellers) get excited about seeing a squirrel. So having an area with some white tail deer, porcupines, and bears might be a big draw. Plus there are disney movies that could be tied in, like bambi, pocahontas, brother bear, and fox and the hound.

Animaniac93-98

I mean, what kind of crazy person would think they'd find rides at a Disney theme park?

Those silly noobs who don't appreciate the real joy of AK is its lack of rides...and nighttime shows...and operating hours beyond 5pm most of the year...

If you can't enjoy 8 hours of starring at plants, beat-up concrete and seeing the same shows again the probelm isn't AK, it's you.

MickeyMind said it best about the "rides=Six Flags" argument, when people here state they want rides it should be clear that they want more Dinosaur and not more Chester and Hester. That's what Disney is doing with "Avatarland", building up more of "theme park" angle to justify potentially longer park hours and repeat visits. In the end it's best for eveyone as it gives the animal watching crowd more time to do so and the group who want more rides, just that.

FoodRocker

I love Animal Kingdom its my favorite park! Now with that said its hard to compare it with other theme parks yes it has less rides but its not supposed to have alot of rides. The park is based around Animals and its done well! The small trails and the rides make the park what it is! So no I cant agree but more of anything good is not bad. Sure I would like to see more rides but I would also like to see more of every thing, which Disney seems to adding with Avatar Land! But thanks for bring up Animal Kingdom I just went through some great memories reading this thread!

Prototype82

Meh. It's my second favorite Disney park. I love the trails, the villages of Harambe and Anandapour, the lush thick gardens, the Indian ruins. Don't touch those. Perfect. Build Avatar and fix the Yeti and I'm happy.

Oh. Give me back my Pocahontas show.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I hate it when people say that "if you want rides go to six flags" what kind of advice is that? If six flags were to make rides like disney, then noone would go to disney!

Perfect advice for a comment that DAK needs to be overhauled because it doesn't have enough rides.

wdwfan22

Animal Kingdom is a ZOO with a few shows and attractions. In my opinion Disney Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios will always be half day parks. I don't think the Animal Kingdom should be altered but additional shows and attractions are needed make it a better experience.

MarkTwain

Those silly noobs who don't appreciate the real joy of AK is its lack of rides...and nighttime shows...and operating hours beyond 5pm most of the year...

If you can't enjoy 8 hours of starring at plants, beat-up concrete and seeing the same shows again the probelm isn't AK, it's you.

Haha exactly! :D

It's been many years since we've stepped into AK, unfortunately. We love animals, zoos, and good theming as much as anybody, but WDW tickets have gotten much more expensive in recent years and we have to treat them preciously.

Animaniac93-98

Terrible advice for a comment that DAK needs to be overhauled because it doesn't have enough rides.

Fixed. ;)

When somebody can adequately explain to me why "lots of rides=six flags" (don't Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, Epcot, California Adventure, DisneySea, etc. have lots of rides?), or "ride" automatically means unthemed cycle or coaster experence I'll buy this argument.

C&D

Major remodel; no, some tweaks (as with all Parks), certainly. The zoo, no zoo, argument aside; the Park is well attended (by midday, well populated) no matter the season, the cranial appeal (relaxed atmosphere) is higher than some of the other Parks, and being a fourth gate certainly distributes the crowds; mission accomplished. IMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom