Who Else Hides Items @ WDW???

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Who else hides items somewhere at WDW and then checks to see if they are still there on their next visit? I DO! And I know others like me are out there. Last year I hid a quarter in Cinderella's Castle waiting area. It was to the left of the chair where she takes pics and up on the wooden ledge about 7 feet up underneath some pictures of (crests).

When I went back to find the quarter last week, it was gone, but I did find a little barbie shoe in it's place! So, I know you people are doing this just like me! This happened before to me in the Haunted Mansion. I hid a little troll there in the que right before you get in the doom buggy.... when I went back, someone had a coin left in the spot with a message to call them when I found it. I tried to call.... but didnt get an answer.

Now I hide lil things there and when my friend go, I tell them to find it.

Who else does this? Tell me! I know Im not alone!

JEDIsney

This is a pretty neat idea, I've never thought of it before.

I guess just hiding items in random places there adds to the excitement? I know that if I found a coin that was purposely put in a hidden spot to be found by another guest, I would be excited by that. And I too would probably put something back in that spot in return.

hypercatmatt04 said:
I'm gonna leave my cell phone number somewhere and Disney and see how many calls I get.

Haha, I might just do that too.

SirNim

I can't help but feel that perhaps leaving behind a small, inobtrusive magnet out of view on top of some sort of metallic construct in, say, a store would be an interesting attempt... Hmm...

gbrooks135

what you are basically doing is a sport called Geocaching, but they use hand held gps units to get the latitude/longitude and then they post the latitude/longitudeto a web site. then other people use there gps units and try to find the item or items. I have the web address for the geocasching web site if you want to pm me or do a search on the word geocasching :wave:
have fun and happy hunting

NadieMasK2

I believe that WDW restricts geocaching in the parks to virtual caches only, meaning you can't place items in the parks, but you can search for secret spots, pictures, bricks, that sort of thing. You usually prove you found it by taking a pic of the spot and posting it on the geocaching website. Many of the national parks are that way, too.

This is a pretty fun hobby, I know a lot of ppl who really enjoy it. :)

WEDisney

We usually hide something for a family member that will be there a week or 2 after we get back. We hide about 20 items and then keep track of where Disney has found the ones we hid. The most recovered was about 9 out of 20. One of the chairs in the American Adventure was a great hiding place but in years past we only got one message to stay there for a few weeks.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Ok... Ill tell you to look for something that I left in 2003. It was still there in 2005. On Pirates of the Carribean, when you enter the que, go to the right. Just before you get in the boarding area, there is a lantern on the wall.. Wedged between the light and the wall in the left hand side is a penny. It's jammed way in there and only a small bit of it is viewable. Now, theyh are doing renovations to Pirates and I beleive it will be shut down for a bit, so Im not sure if its still there. I forgot to look for it lastg week when the ride was up. Take a look and let me know...thanks..

gbrooks135 said:
what you are basically doing is a sport called Geocaching, but they use hand held gps units to get the latitude/longitude and then they post the latitude/longitudeto a web site. then other people use there gps units and try to find the item or items. I have the web address for the geocasching web site if you want to pm me or do a search on the word geocasching :wave:
have fun and happy hunting

I'm a geocacher:) I love it! Yay gps:)

jmvd20

SirNim said:
I can't help but feel that perhaps leaving behind a small, inobtrusive magnet out of view on top of some sort of metallic construct in, say, a store would be an interesting attempt... Hmm...

I think that would be a good idea and most likely the best bet to actually have something you put there stay untill you return. With how much WDW checks and cleans things I find it highly unlikely that an object would stay there for very long. If I did leave a magnet there I would be so dang jealous of that ferrous object once I got home.

tecowdw

DSNYKID said:
Who else hides items somewhere at WDW and then checks to see if they are still there on their next visit? I DO! And I know others like me are out there. Last year I hid a quarter in Cinderella's Castle waiting area. It was to the left of the chair where she takes pics and up on the wooden ledge about 7 feet up underneath some pictures of (crests).

When I went back to find the quarter last week, it was gone, but I did find a little barbie shoe in it's place! So, I know you people are doing this just like me! This happened before to me in the Haunted Mansion. I hid a little troll there in the que right before you get in the doom buggy.... when I went back, someone had a coin left in the spot with a message to call them when I found it. I tried to call.... but didnt get an answer.

Now I hide lil things there and when my friend go, I tell them to find it.

Who else does this? Tell me! I know Im not alone!
Holey cow!!! I thought I was the only one that did this? There are others out there! Yippee!

I once put a white rock in a small tree surround with all black rocks at the Polynesian. I couldn't believe it was gone the next time I looked months later. I would have never thought someone would pick up a little rock!

Another time I placed a tiny sticky wad of paper in a longhouse building sign at the Polynesian. To my slight astonishment, it was gone on a return visit.

Are you the person taking my stuff??
:lol:

DSNYKID

Original Poster
It's not me taking your stuff dude or dudette! Funny!

It is possible to hide little things and have them there when you get back. Like I said, Ive had some stuff stay there for years. The challenge is finding that perfect spot! Are you up for the challenge! Maybe we can start hiding stuff and sending other folks to find it! Boy do I have a problem! NOT! It's all fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom