Who else has done solo trips?

rufio

I went to Disney World alone in November 2013 and LOVED it! That's not to say I don't absolutely love every trip I make with my husband, but going alone was a totally different experience. I was able to take my time and mosey around as I wished. I just booked my second solo trip for August (my husband will be away for work) and so far everyone I've told has had the same response: "Why would you go alone?" My mom seemed extra confused because we were just there in May. I was sick for half that trip though... People just don't seem to understand!! So who else has been alone and do you enjoy it?

mouse_luv

I just did my first "mostly" solo trip. I flew down to join family, but they don't tour the Parks like I do and as much as I do, so 90% of it was spent doing the Parks solo. I loved it. I will admit that I missed my DBF greatly, but it was also in many ways eye opening and "freeing" if that makes sense. I say go, do it, have fun!

Upvote 0

rufio

Original Poster
I just did my first "mostly" solo trip. I flew down to join family, but they don't tour the Parks like I do and as much as I do, so 90% of it was spent doing the Parks solo. I loved it. I will admit that I missed my DBF greatly, but it was also in many ways eye opening and "freeing" if that makes sense. I say go, do it, have fun!

I totally agree about it being freeing - totally makes sense to me! When I went in 2013 my mind was a little blown when I just woke up without an alarm and took my time doing whatever I felt like, but still went to bed feeling like I'd done everything I needed to. I can't wait to do it again!

Upvote 0

shuflemstr

I have taken several solo trips to WDW. For all of them except the one for last week, I stayed club level at Wilderness Lodge because I have always been self conscious about dining alone. As far as the parks go, I liked my time in the parks. I didn't do anything different than I would if I was there with someone else. My last solo trip, last week, I stayed at Caribbean Beach because my trip was not going to be as long. I was not down there for a vacation but instead I was there for jo interviews. I ate at several restaurants alone, and what I was afraid of in the past, I could have cared less about on this trip.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The solo trips I've taken have been lots of fun once I got past missing my DW & DS. I accomplished so much more in less time than on other trips. They were trips where I was focused on only my own selfish enjoyment and never had to care about pleasing someone else or considering their wants needs or desires. My focus was to get the most out of every day at my pace and get my agenda fulfilled. I also got comments from others about going solo and I responded by saying... I let DW do lots of things on her own too, so we dont need to do everything in life together. It builds a healthy marriage, having trust and sometimes letting go.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

I went to Disney World alone in November 2013 and LOVED it! That's not to say I don't absolutely love every trip I make with my husband, but going alone was a totally different experience. I was able to take my time and mosey around as I wished. I just booked my second solo trip for August (my husband will be away for work) and so far everyone I've told has had the same response: "Why would you go alone?" My mom seemed extra confused because we were just there in May. I was sick for half that trip though... People just don't seem to understand!! So who else has been alone and do you enjoy it?
I've done solo trips to WDW prob a good 15+ times so far. I also make days trips over solo as well(Live an hour away). I love going solo. I might meet up with some friends here and there, but I love the freedom going solo. I actually know more ppl now that go solo than with family or friends lol.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I have done business trips to Orlando and visited the park after hours or stayed an extra day several times. I love the freedom to travel at my own pace see what i want, shop where I want and eat what I want without trying to please anyone else.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

OK...I haven't done a solo trip...yet, but I did have some solo mornings last trip while DH slept in. I had been planning on a solo trip in 2016 for one of the RunDisney events. Yes, it would have involved a run and not just a trip, but I was soooooo looking forward to doing everything I want to do, going nuts with my camera, and just having a trip all about my preferences. It will happen...maybe even in 2016 if things stop breaking in the house.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

OK...I haven't done a solo trip...yet, but I did have some solo mornings last trip while DH slept in. I had been planning on a solo trip in 2016 for one of the RunDisney events. Yes, it would have involved a run and not just a trip, but I was soooooo looking forward to doing everything I want to do, going nuts with my camera, and just having a trip all about my preferences. It will happen...maybe even in 2016 if things stop breaking in the house.
Every one of the runDisney events I've done, I've gone solo. Had a great time and met a lot of new friends along the way

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I go every Oct for the F&WF solo. I am up to 2 weeks by myself and I love it! Just being able to do what I want when I want and not worrying about feeding others or making sure that everyone is happy is amazing. I do a lot of the seminars and signature events for the festival and I see some of the same people every year. You will always get people who "don't understand". I always say to them that I don't understand why they would not do something for themselves every once in a while. I have heard several Moms say that they could not leave their kids because they love them and would miss them. As if I don't love my kids. I say I love my kids so much that I am showing my daughters that you can have your own life as well as be a great wife and Mom. Go and have a great time!! :happy:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I did a solo trip for three days in 2010. I drove a friend to see her ailing family member then continued on to WDW. I took a brief trip over to Winter Park to visit my son in college and had dinner with him for his birthday but due to his class schedule that was about all we could fit in. So I spent my time cruising around the parks and just enjoying what I felt like doing. I went back to the resort and spent time in the pool. I found that I struck up more conversations with CMs and other guests when going solo than with my family. I love going with my family but I also enjoyed my solo trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom