Who does the monorail speil?

If you like the voice on the Monorail, boats, and parking trams. Then you will like the voice on the buses starting around Jan. 1st all the buses will have prerecorded annoucements aswell.

CSUFSteve

disneykid23 said:
If you like the voice on the Monorail, boats, and parking trams. Then you will like the voice on the buses starting around Jan. 1st all the buses will have prerecorded annoucements aswell.

Ugh, no - say it isn't so!! Do we really need to be talked at every step of the way to our destination?? I suspect though that at off-peak times drivers will probably shut the darn thing off so they don't have to hear it a million times a day.

JustinTheClaw

Original Poster
boo52 said:
His name is Mathew Hanson. He did it from 1989 until 2005. I do not know who the new guy is. I also believe that Kevin Miles (Magic Music Days announcer and VOL) also did the speil in the mid 80's.
You sound more sure than many other people...Do you have any proof? (No disrespect, of course. I just like to cross-check my Disney trivia before using it :))

CThaddeus

Personally, I love the Stitch part. The "Are we almost there yet?" line really made me laugh, and rang true to me as this was the first time I'd been to Disney World with small children. I can't tell you how many times they said that...and it had nothing to do with Stitch saying it. They did, however, think it was funny, too. I hope they keep it, but as always, I'm in the minority on this.

boo52

JustinTheClaw said:
You sound more sure than many other people...Do you have any proof? (No disrespect, of course. I just like to cross-check my Disney trivia before using it :))
Well I know my info on Matt Hansen is correct. I don't know what kind of proof you are looking for? I have been on these boards long enough that my reputation should be good enough.

TheMagicMouse

Is Stitch off of the monorail speil yet when arriving at the magic kingdom? I mean come on, I would much rather here either the current monorail guy, or even mickey saying something rewarding instead of an alieonic, annoying thing speaking in uncomprehensible tongues.

tirian

Some moron in marketing is going overdo Stitch just like they did with the Lion King a few years ago. Seriously, they need to realize that most Guests only visit once or twice and don't want to have Stitch slapped everywhere they go. The majority of Guests want the classics, not an alien from a sub-par attraction. (And before anyone says anything, I have friends in MK GR. I know that they get a lot of complaints!)

CThaddeus

TheMagicMouse said:
Is Stitch off of the monorail speil yet when arriving at the magic kingdom? I mean come on, I would much rather here either the current monorail guy, or even mickey saying something rewarding instead of an alieonic, annoying thing speaking in uncomprehensible tongues.

He was there at the beginning of May, and as I wrote before, I hope he stays for a long time. He adds some life to a spiel that is otherwise dull and repetitive. It didn't used to be that way, but now that they feel the need to announce on every one of the Monorails (going to MK, going to the TTC, going to EPCOT, from EPCOT to the TTC) what the new attractions are in each Park, they seem like the same recording.
And Stitch's Great Escape was great. Say what you want, but I know everyone in my party (five of us. two aged 6 and 9) enjoyed it. And it was one of the few things I found the time to go see again.

TheMagicMouse

CThaddeus said:
He was there at the beginning of May, and as I wrote before, I hope he stays for a long time. He adds some life to a spiel that is otherwise dull and repetitive. It didn't used to be that way, but now that they feel the need to announce on every one of the Monorails (going to MK, going to the TTC, going to EPCOT, from EPCOT to the TTC) what the new attractions are in each Park, they seem like the same recording.
And Stitch's Great Escape was great. Say what you want, but I know everyone in my party (five of us. two aged 6 and 9) enjoyed it. And it was one of the few things I found the time to go see again.

I am by no means saying that Stitch's Great Escape was a terrible attraction, it just "isn't my cup of tea".. and it doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of Stitch, and yes I did see the movie, maybe it's just because I'm an angst ridden teen :rolleyes:

uglybug2005

Yes, Matthew Hansen is the voice formerly heard on the monorails and currently heard on the official WDW podcast.
I am glad that the busses will finally be getting an automated safety/info spiel (tired of bus drivers giving erroneous *facts and trivia*, and inconsistent safety announcements.)

GaryT977

I didn't mean to start a Stitch war, but as much as that spiel annoys me, I have to admit that the kids love it when monorail green pulls into the station with Stitch on the windshield.

"We get to ride the Stitch train!"

That being said... why not update the spiel with newer characters, like Tow Mater? Or even use classic characters like Mickey or Donald? Or even have different characters plastered on the windshields of each train?

DisneySaint

I thought the original guy's son did it and supposedly he had an extremely similar voice to his father.

That's the last I heard about it.

JustinTheClaw

Original Poster
boo52 said:
Well I know my info on Matt Hansen is correct. I don't know what kind of proof you are looking for? I have been on these boards long enough that my reputation should be good enough.
Again, I mean no offense. I was just wondering if you had an official website or link or something like that, but someone else has already confirmed your information, so I'll believe you...

This time :p

(J/K)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom