Who Blacklisted Roger Rabbit? (Open Brainstorming)

Garfield Builder

Now I added the part where Sneezer sneezed our heroes into the wall of a Toon Building.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Now I added the part where Sneezer sneezed our heroes into the wall of a Toon Building.
After the weasel scene as Roger and Michael will return to real world, Hollywood, as they visiting The Ink and Paint Club to see Jessica Rabbit, as Betty Boop will asked Michael what happen to Toons for losing their jobs at Terrytoons Studios is shut down, as he told Betty Boop about the weasels stoled Michigan J. Frog's musical notes for their evil plans for dipping Toontown. Also there could be Mickey Mouse's magic card trick or dog tricks with Pluto, then Donald Duck and Daffy Duck's rematch piano dueling if you want it. Then after the scene, Michael went to Terminal Bar & Grill to meet his uncle Eddie Valiant and his wife, Dolores about the weasels is planning for their DIP X to dipping Toontown as worse than Judge Doom's Dipmobile in last five years ago, as Eddie and Michael will investigate the weasel gang at ACME Gag Factory about their evil plans to dip Toontown to continuing Judge Doom's freeway plans, this is the part where Eddie Valiant will get killed off by one of the weasel members as he was getting attacked by the weasels as throwing bombs at him as they're evil laughing at him, as then one of the weasels pull the piano as the piano squashed Eddie and he was killed by the falling piano, as Michael was shocked and screaming as watching his uncle's death by the weasels, the weasel spotted Michael as they 're shooting him with their tommy guns at him.

The funeral scene will be like a delete scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, as Toons (Felix the Cat, Goofy, Popeye, Bluto, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam and Herman the Mouse) are carring Eddie Valiant's coffin to the graveyard, as Foghorn Leghorn to be gave to speech to honor of Eddie Valiant's death.

After Michael Valiant, Roger and Dolores leaves at the bar, he hops a red car to the Inglewood cemetery (that was originally going to be a real cemetery somewhere in the San Francisco area) where his uncle, Eddie Valiant's funeral is taking place.

There were many variations in the actual funeral proceedings but here is probably the most likely version that I have patched together from Mel Blanc’s vocal script, the storyboard done by Amblin artist Marty Kline offered for sale on eBay in 2014, talking with some of the people who worked on the film and other sources:

C.B. Maroon’s Packard roars up amidst all the black limos and hearse parked along the roadway near the site of Valiant’s funeral. The ceremony is already in progress.

At this point, there was no confirmation as to what toons would be available to mourn so there are multiple “blue sky” drawings. A Terrytoons Mighty Mouse is crying while in the hand of a Fleischer Superman who is on his knees sobbing away.

Drawings were made of Tom and Jerry, Heckle and Jeckle, Tex Avery’s MGM wolf character, Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Porky and Petunia Pig, Droopy, Andy Panda, Katnip the Cat, Tex Avery’s George and Junior, Sylvester the Cat, Baby Huey, Tubby the Tuba and the Three Little Pigs among many others. They would be seen doing a pan shot while the eulogy is given.

The eulogy is being given by Foghorn Leghorn who intones: “Today we commit the body of brother Valiant to the cold, I say cold, cold ground. We shed no tears for we know that Eddie is going to a better place. That high, high, I say that high-larious place up in the sky.

“We say goodbye to a man who was more generous than a homely widow with Sunday supper. Why when toonkind splattered forth upon this landscape, we wandered the hills without a home. That is until brother Valiant defeating that dumb Judge Doom for us to live in. Thereby saving the old…I say old… neighborhood we know as Toontown so he will join his brother Teddy Valiant.”

This whole scene is being shown from the point of view of Valiant who is in the distance leaning against a palm tree. Maroon wends his way through the crowd and grabs Jessica Rabbit’s and pulls her to the side. He is angrily confronting her.

Valiant can’t hear what is being said but by the pantomined actions can see it is on the verge of becoming violent. At one point Maroon points to his pocket. Toward the end, Jessica knees Maroon in the groin and he crumples to the ground as she storms off.

The pallbearers of the coffin kept shifting but generally included Yosemite Sam (who is struggling to carry the coffin from underneath it), Elmer Fudd, the silent screen version of Felix the Cat (with a “Sob” thought bubble above him), Popeye, Bluto, Herman the Mouse and in at least one version, Goofy.

Goofy: Gawsh! Paul Bearin’s shore hard work, ain’t it? A-hyuck.

Popeye: We’re bearing Paul? I thought we were bearing Valiant. Arf Arf Arf.

Bluto thinks that Popeye’s comment is disrespectful. So a fight between them ensues that evolves to include others. From that point on, there are several different variations of what happens to Acme’s coffin so that there were multiple options depending upon what character rights could be obtained.

In one version, Yosemite Sam gets so angry that he yells, “Hold it, ya varmints! I’ll plant him muhself!” He hoists the casket over his head and stomps toward the grave where he tosses it into the hole and turns to Foghorn Leghorn, “Awright, you big-mouth bantam…preach.”

In another version, when the coffin was lowered down into the grave, it landed on a whoopee cushion and a little Tex Avery style sign popped up out of the coffin saying “Sad, ain’t it?”

In yet another version, to the human funeral director’s amazement as the coffin is being lowered, the crank starts plinking out the tune to Pop Goes the Weasel like a jack-in-the box and the Toon mourners sing the lyrics. When it reaches the bottom, there is a “boing” sound and the harlequin clown mascot from the Harvey cartoons’ introductions pops out.

The final version and the one that is most often referenced seems to be that as the coffin touches the bottom of the grave, Casper the Friendly Ghost rises up and asks, “Will you be my friend?”

The appearance has all the mourners (both toon and human) screaming “A Ghost!!” and running off in terror, knocking down chairs, wreaths, loudspeakers and trampling Maroon who has now recovered and is standing up, in the process.

During this chaos, a convertible pulls up near Valiant. A live action look-alike for actor Humphrey Bogart is driving. An animated Bugs Bunny is sitting next to him. In the back seat is a live-action look-alike of actor Clark Gable sitting next to Mickey Mouse. They are all dressed in golf attire and there are bags of golf clubs in the back.

Bugs, chomping on a carrot, leans out to ask Valiant, “Pardon me, Doc. I hate to interrupt your boid watchin’ but is this the right boneyard for the Acme funeral?

The final shot for the scene would be Valiant saying, “When it comes to funerals, Toons are worse than the Irish!”

As at end where Roger, Jessica and Dolores looking at Eddie Valiant's gravestone and said "He was a very detective who was helping Toons, as saving Toontown from the destruction of Dip by Judge Doom. His brother, Teddy will be so proud to see him in heavens."

Later in some scene where Michael meet Baby Herman as Baby Herman drinks his milk beer at the Terminal Bar & Grill as they talking about Popeye falling in love with Jessica, as Olive Oyl's jealous about Jessica kissed Popeye, as Roger did jealous too.

So what are you think?

Last edited:

Garfield Builder

Well, I suggest something like: Michael explains how he find out he was a hybrid mix of a Toon and a human.

He was on an investigation with his uncle in Toontown when a safe landed on his head, he thought he would get killed by weasels, but he didn't. Instead, he survived Tooney situations like being in a werehouse full of exploding TNT, getting ran over by a steamroller among other things. That's when he realized he's a Toon/human hybrid.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well, I suggest something like: Michael explains how he find out he was a hybrid mix of a Toon and a human.

He was on an investigation with his uncle in Toontown when a safe landed on his head, he thought he would get killed by weasels, but he didn't. Instead, he survived Tooney situations like being in a werehouse full of exploding TNT, getting ran over by a steamroller among other things. That's when he realized he's a Toon/human hybrid.
I rather see Michael's uncle, Eddie Valiant gets killed by the weasels while Michael and Eddie on the case what is the weasels is up to in ACME Factory, as Michael explains to his uncle's wife, Dolores about the bad news about accident at ACME Factory where Eddie Valiant was been killed by the weasel gang, as Roger and Jessica are sad each other as they will aheading to the cememtary.

After Michael Valiant, Roger and Dolores leaves at the bar, he hops a red car to the Inglewood cemetery (that was originally going to be a real cemetery somewhere in the San Francisco area) where his uncle, Eddie Valiant's funeral is taking place.

There were many variations in the actual funeral proceedings but here is probably the most likely version that I have patched together from Mel Blanc’s vocal script, the storyboard done by Amblin artist Marty Kline offered for sale on eBay in 2014, talking with some of the people who worked on the film and other sources:

C.B. Maroon’s Packard roars up amidst all the black limos and hearse parked along the roadway near the site of Valiant’s funeral. The ceremony is already in progress.

At this point, there was no confirmation as to what toons would be available to mourn so there are multiple “blue sky” drawings. A Terrytoons Mighty Mouse is crying while in the hand of a Fleischer Superman who is on his knees sobbing away.

Drawings were made of Tom and Jerry, Heckle and Jeckle, Tex Avery’s MGM wolf character, Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Porky and Petunia Pig, Droopy, Andy Panda, Katnip the Cat, Tex Avery’s George and Junior, Sylvester the Cat, Baby Huey, Tubby the Tuba and the Three Little Pigs among many others. They would be seen doing a pan shot while the eulogy is given.

The eulogy is being given by Foghorn Leghorn who intones: “Today we commit the body of brother Valiant to the cold, I say cold, cold ground. We shed no tears for we know that Eddie is going to a better place. That high, high, I say that high-larious place up in the sky.

“We say goodbye to a man who was more generous than a homely widow with Sunday supper. Why when toonkind splattered forth upon this landscape, we wandered the hills without a home. That is until brother Valiant defeating that dumb Judge Doom for us to live in. Thereby saving the old…I say old… neighborhood we know as Toontown so he will join his brother Teddy Valiant.”

This whole scene is being shown from the point of view of Valiant who is in the distance leaning against a palm tree. Maroon wends his way through the crowd and grabs Jessica Rabbit’s and pulls her to the side. He is angrily confronting her.

Valiant can’t hear what is being said but by the pantomined actions can see it is on the verge of becoming violent. At one point Maroon points to his pocket. Toward the end, Jessica knees Maroon in the groin and he crumples to the ground as she storms off.

The pallbearers of the coffin kept shifting but generally included Yosemite Sam (who is struggling to carry the coffin from underneath it), Elmer Fudd, the silent screen version of Felix the Cat (with a “Sob” thought bubble above him), Popeye, Bluto, Herman the Mouse and in at least one version, Goofy.

Bluto thinks that Popeye’s comment is disrespectful. So a fight between them ensues that evolves to include others. From that point on, there are several different variations of what happens to Acme’s coffin so that there were multiple options depending upon what character rights could be obtained.

In one version, Yosemite Sam gets so angry that he yells, “Hold it, ya varmints! I’ll plant him muhself!” He hoists the casket over his head and stomps toward the grave where he tosses it into the hole and turns to Foghorn Leghorn, “Awright, you big-mouth bantam…preach.”

In another version, when the coffin was lowered down into the grave, it landed on a whoopee cushion and a little Tex Avery style sign popped up out of the coffin saying “Sad, ain’t it?”

In yet another version, to the human funeral director’s amazement as the coffin is being lowered, the crank starts plinking out the tune to Pop Goes the Weasel like a jack-in-the box and the Toon mourners sing the lyrics. When it reaches the bottom, there is a “boing” sound and the harlequin clown mascot from the Harvey cartoons’ introductions pops out.

The final version and the one that is most often referenced seems to be that as the coffin touches the bottom of the grave, Casper the Friendly Ghost rises up and asks, “Will you be my friend?”

The appearance has all the mourners (both toon and human) screaming “A Ghost!!” and running off in terror, knocking down chairs, wreaths, loudspeakers and trampling Maroon who has now recovered and is standing up, in the process.

During this chaos, a convertible pulls up near Valiant. A live action look-alike for actor Humphrey Bogart is driving. An animated Bugs Bunny is sitting next to him. In the back seat is a live-action look-alike of actor Clark Gable sitting next to Mickey Mouse. They are all dressed in golf attire and there are bags of golf clubs in the back.

Bugs, chomping on a carrot, leans out to ask Valiant, “Pardon me, Doc. I hate to interrupt your boid watchin’ but is this the right boneyard for the Acme funeral?

The final shot for the scene would be Valiant saying, “When it comes to funerals, Toons are worse than the Irish!”

As at end where Roger, Jessica and Dolores looking at Eddie Valiant's gravestone and said "He was a very detective who was helping Toons, as saving Toontown from the destruction of Dip by Judge Doom. His brother, Teddy will be so proud to see him in heavens."

Later in some scene where Michael meet Baby Herman as Baby Herman drinks his milk beer at the Terminal Bar & Grill as they talking about Popeye falling in love with Jessica, as Olive Oyl's jealous about Jessica kissed Popeye, as Roger did jealous too.

Garfield Builder

I added the scene where Michael explained about himself.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
RECAP:

Here's we will going next for the plot:

After the weasel scene as Roger and Michael will return to real world, Hollywood, as they visiting The Ink and Paint Club to see Jessica Rabbit, as Betty Boop will asked Michael what happen to Toons for losing their jobs at Terrytoons Studios is shut down, as he told Betty Boop about the weasels stoled Michigan J. Frog's musical notes for their evil plans for dipping Toontown. Also there could be Mickey Mouse's magic card trick or dog tricks with Pluto, then Donald Duck and Daffy Duck's rematch piano dueling if you want it. Then after the scene, Michael went to Terminal Bar & Grill to meet his uncle Eddie Valiant and his wife, Dolores about the weasels is planning for their DIP X to dipping Toontown as worse than Judge Doom's Dipmobile in last five years ago, as Eddie and Michael will investigate the weasel gang at ACME Gag Factory about their evil plans to dip Toontown to continuing Judge Doom's freeway plans, this is the part where Eddie Valiant will get killed off by one of the weasel members as he was getting attacked by the weasels as throwing bombs at him as they're evil laughing at him, as then one of the weasels pull the piano as the piano squashed Eddie and he was killed by the falling piano, as Michael was shocked and screaming as watching his uncle's death by the weasels, the weasel spotted Michael as they 're shooting him with their tommy guns at him.

The funeral scene will be like a delete scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, as Toons (Felix the Cat, Goofy, Popeye, Bluto, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam and Herman the Mouse) are carring Eddie Valiant's coffin to the graveyard, as Foghorn Leghorn to be gave to speech to honor of Eddie Valiant's death.

So what are you think?

Garfield Builder

RECAP:

Here's we will going next for the plot:

So what are you think?
How about ending the scene with a jealous Olive Oyl reminding Jessica that Popeye is her man.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
How about ending the scene with a jealous Olive Oyl reminding Jessica that Popeye is her man.
Okay. First the Ink and Paint Club scene, then Terminal Bar & Grill scene, then Eddie and Michael went to ACME Factory for to spy on the weasels plan, and Eddie Valiant gets killed by a giant piano by the weasel, then the funeral scene, then Eddie's funeral party at Terminal Bar & Grill where Olive Oyl gets jealous reminding Jessica that Popeye is her man.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Okay. First the Ink and Paint Club scene, then Terminal Bar & Grill scene, then Eddie and Michael went to ACME Factory for to spy on the weasels plan, and Eddie Valiant gets killed by a giant piano by the weasel, then the funeral scene, then Eddie's funeral party at Terminal Bar & Grill where Olive Oyl gets jealous reminding Jessica that Popeye is her man.
I also want the scene where Toon Roadster crashes into the Ink and Paint Club, as Bongo the Gorilla gets very angry at him for destroying the entrance door or the wall, as Bongo carries Roger, Michael and Popeye on the ground, as he throws Toon Roadster out of the club into the trash cans with some homeless guys, as Toon Roadster was about to get the money from old homeless man,
as he quickly gets his gun to point at Toon Roadster as he speeds up away from him.

Garfield Builder

Instead of being angry I added the part where Bongo reminds Popeye and Roger that the Ink and Paint Club is for humans only.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Instead of being angry I added the part where Bongo reminds Popeye and Roger that the Ink and Paint Club is for humans only.
I want to see whole the Ink and Paint Club scene now.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
But I don't have the time. I'm working on a S.E.A. Film.
But you can do both same time as Roger Rabbit II: Trouble in Toontown and a S.EA. Film. There is also after you do both films.
I like to see screenplay on the based on Roger Rabbit: The Resurrection of Doom graphic novel (1989) that takes place between the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the Roger Rabbit short film Tummy Trouble. The sequel will be made in 1991 and releases in 1993. After you done S.E.A Film then you can do rest of Roger Rabbit II: Trouble in Toontown then Roger Rabbit: The Resurrection of Doom next? By the way, Roger Rabbit II: Trouble in Toontown will be released in 1992, as the sequel will start production and filming in 1990-1991. Also, I did edit for Benny the Cab scene between after The Ink & Paint Club and before meeting Eddie Valiant at Eddie's office for investigate the weasels evil plan at ACME Factory (this where Eddie Valiant gets killed by a falling piano from the weasel).

Last edited:

Garfield Builder

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
How is progress on screenplay of Roger Rabbit II: Trouble in Toontown, can we do finish it as teamwork today and this weekend? @Garfield Builder
I'm done with the Ink and Paint Club scene, now we'll getting to the movie theater scene where Michael and Roxanne went on their first date with Roger and Jessica as double date, then we will get lead to Eddie's office scene where Eddie and his uncle Michael will investigating the weasels plot at ACME Warehouse, then we will see Eddie Valiant gets killed by one of the weasels as falling piano dropping him, next we will see Olive Oyl crying at Terminal Bar & Grill while Dolores tries to calm down her as Roger and Michael meets Dolores to tell her about bad news about Eddie Valiant's murder, next we will aheading to Maroon Studios, as we will get to long funeral scene where they'll put Eddie Valiant to the graveyard.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I'm done with the Ink and Paint Club scene, now we'll getting to the movie theater scene where Michael and Roxanne went on their first date with Roger and Jessica as double date, then we will get lead to Eddie's office scene where Eddie and his uncle Michael will investigating the weasels plot at ACME Warehouse, then we will see Eddie Valiant gets killed by one of the weasels as falling piano dropping him, next we will see Olive Oyl crying at Terminal Bar & Grill while Dolores tries to calm down her as Roger and Michael meets Dolores to tell her about bad news about Eddie Valiant's murder, next we will aheading to Maroon Studios, as we will get to long funeral scene where they'll put Eddie Valiant to the graveyard.
Now we are in ACME Gag Factory scene right now. @Garfield Builder I need you now.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

If everyone can finish this movie idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom