Whispering Canyon question...

fruitcake

When I booked my PS ressies for this restaurant, I did not tell them that DH and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary because I was afraid of what they might do! :p We are going here on our arrival night, so I was not sure what kind of mood DH would be in. Do they truly embarrass you if you are celebrating a special occassion? I am ready for a night of fun (extra large drinks, ketchup situations, etc), but I was unsure of what would happen if they knew about our anniversary. If someone could shed some light on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated. :wave:

Alexandra

If you don't want them to make a fuss, tell the cast member at the podium when you check in. Last year for my son's 15th birthday the server called over every teenage girl in the Whispering Canyon and made them kiss him. It was a hoot! Was he embarrassed? Definitely! But he loved every minute of it and we got some great pictures.

Upvote 0

beglluvr

My DH & I celebrated our anniversary at WCC in August and they put us in a seperate section of the restaurant... our server was fun, but they didn't center us out or anything. When we were there again in May, we saw a couple that had to ride the hobby horses around the restaurant singing "happy anniversary" to each other. When they didn't do that to the staff's satisfaction, they had to do it around the lobby of the WL. If you get there and aren't in the mood for their antics, just don't tell them that you're having an anniversary and they won't have a reason to pick on you. You never know what they're going to do. Either way, it's a great place to eat and I recommend it highly!

Upvote 0

Trainee031589

Alexandra said:
If you don't want them to make a fuss, tell the cast member at the podium when you check in. Last year for my son's 15th birthday the server called over every teenage girl in the Whispering Canyon and made them kiss him. It was a hoot! Was he embarrassed? Definitely! But he loved every minute of it and we got some great pictures.
LOL NOT FAIR!!!!!! What park is this restaurant in? Is it in Orlando or California??

Upvote 0

tigsmom

The Whispering Canyon is great fun, but please remember you may get picked on even if they don't know about your anniversary. If your DH is worn out & grumpy from the trip they may single him out anyway. :lol:
Go in with a smile, wear nothing from a competitor and make sure your cell phone is turned off.

Have a great anniversary & don't forget to ask for ketchup, extra straws and an extra large drink! :D :wave:

(ps. if you have time, try a skillet breakfast while you are there. :slurp:
We have never made PS for this restaurant & have never had to wait more than 10 minutes, day or night, for our family of four).

Upvote 0

barnum42

Alexandra said:
Sounds like you have to share some of those snapshots with the rest of the gang. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom