Whispering Canyon for breakfast

Deranged Hermit

Original Poster
A couple of questions regarding Whispering Canyon breakfast:
1) How is it? The skillets looks really good, but i really haven't heard much about their breakfast offerings, just dinner (which i like).
2) Do the waiters do their normal shtick during breakfast? I don't mind, but my wife just likes to eat in peace.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I ate there for breakfast a couple weeks ago. Breakfast was great my husband got the meatlovers (or something like that ) skillet and I got the one that offered Mickey waffles and to be honest we shared some of the food from each others skillets because it was all you care to eat and our waitress actually suggested it. The antics were never a super big thing when I went there for breakfast pre-covid and there wasn't much this time either. A few jokes a the table but it wasn't loud or raucous. I really enjoyed the pressed pot coffee and the cheddar biscuits and the gravy were great, biscuits were light and fluffy.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Breakfast is delicious. While it appeared a bit awkward for the person asking sometimes I have seen folks ask the wait staff to please not engage in any shenanigans at their table and have seen nothing but compliance. This is over many trips to Whispering Canyon Cafe. There is still shenanigans going on like other folks running ketchup and people riding hobby horses but they will leave you alone. Other patrons may come ask for your ketchup or encourage you to deliver it though. Your wife may or may not be comfortable with that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh I was also going to add that there isn't as many of the shenanigans going on right now because of Covid and social distancing. No ketchup bottle was brought to our table, all condiments were in single serve use or small dishes. So the ketchup thing and maybe even the kids "horse races" might be a thing of the past. Like I said it was pretty quiet that morning we were there.

Deranged Hermit

Original Poster
I ate there for breakfast a couple weeks ago. Breakfast was great my husband got the meatlovers (or something like that ) skillet and I got the one that offered Mickey waffles and to be honest we shared some of the food from each others skillets because it was all you care to eat and our waitress actually suggested it. The antics were never a super big thing when I went there for breakfast pre-covid and there wasn't much this time either. A few jokes a the table but it wasn't loud or raucous. I really enjoyed the pressed pot coffee and the cheddar biscuits and the gravy were great, biscuits were light and fluffy.
That meatlovers skillet was exactly what I had in mind! :cool:

Nutso4Disney

In the Parks
No
One of my favorite breakfast experiences. The cheddar biscuits and gravy are fantastic. I got The Heritage Skillet and my boyfriend got The Carnivore and it was plenty of food and very tasty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom